Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 22-04-2008
_JP_'s Avatar
_JP_ _JP_ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Mids
Posts: 622
Send a message via MSN to _JP_ Send a message via Skype™ to _JP_
Default Marston 4wd Regional 18th May - INFO

I have spoken to the grounds keeper today at where our track is and it seems we have a small problem with parking.

Goodridge security are being gay and are not opening the main gate from the car park for ANYONE do to breaking's and Vans being stolen???

What does this mean, well it means that we will have to park at the side of the building and utilize the car park as much as possible.

The biggest pain will be having to carry pit gear/tents to where we normally pit.

Unfortunately there is nothing MMCC can do about this, all we can do is make sure we have a great days racing on a normally well laid out track

If anyone you know does not get on oOple please let them know.

Thanks.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 22-04-2008
_sleigh_ _sleigh_ is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In front of my PC
Posts: 1,920
Default

So this is the gate from the Car Park area onto the track that runs down past the track??

Presumably we can still park in the Main car park after unloading?

Also, if Goodrich have suffered from theft, do we need to worry at all about our RC gear on race day?


I'll make sure I send out this info to all when confirming everyone's entry (about a week before)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 22-04-2008
bert digler's Avatar
bert digler bert digler is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 500yds from matty simpson
Posts: 1,553
Send a message via MSN to bert digler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _JP_ View Post
I have spoken to the grounds keeper today at where our track is and it seems we have a small problem with parking.

Goodridge security are being gay and are not opening the main gate from the car park for ANYONE do to breaking's and Vans being stolen???

What does this mean, well it means that we will have to park at the side of the building and utilize the car park as much as possible.

The biggest pain will be having to carry pit gear/tents to where we normally pit.

Unfortunately there is nothing MMCC can do about this, all we can do is make sure we have a great days racing on a normally well laid out track

If anyone you know does not get on oOple please let them know.

Thanks.
has the rostrum been fixed yet? due to vandals and whats happening with the potential new track,land you have been given by goodrich
__________________
who knows who cares
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 22-04-2008
_JP_'s Avatar
_JP_ _JP_ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Mids
Posts: 622
Send a message via MSN to _JP_ Send a message via Skype™ to _JP_
Default

Phil I think we are going to have to park in the small car park, I will ring Graham again and ask if we can park in the main car park behind the gates but that would be a pain I think.

As for the theft I don't know when it happened Graham just said there not even opening the gates for the footballers and they have a cup match which will cause them even bigger problems.

I don't think we have anything more to worry about than a normal race meeting at any track with regards to theft.

As for the Rostrum its the first I have heard about it being damaged, I spoke to Tinners and he said all was OK.

We don't live close to the track so I guess we rely on other club members to let us know.

As for the land nothing has happened, we we not really given any land, but it was mentioned that we might be able to use it. With the amount of Racing we all do it would be hard I guess to maintain it, I mean for the regional last year there were only about 5 of us there on the saturday to lay a track, this year I am hoping for more
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 22-04-2008
bert digler's Avatar
bert digler bert digler is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 500yds from matty simpson
Posts: 1,553
Send a message via MSN to bert digler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _JP_ View Post
Phil I think we are going to have to park in the small car park, I will ring Graham again and ask if we can park in the main car park behind the gates but that would be a pain I think.

As for the theft I don't know when it happened Graham just said there not even opening the gates for the footballers and they have a cup match which will cause them even bigger problems.

I don't think we have anything more to worry about than a normal race meeting at any track with regards to theft.

As for the Rostrum its the first I have heard about it being damaged, I spoke to Tinners and he said all was OK.

We don't live close to the track so I guess we rely on other club members to let us know.

As for the land nothing has happened, we we not really given any land, but it was mentioned that we might be able to use it. With the amount of Racing we all do it would be hard I guess to maintain it, I mean for the regional last year there were only about 5 of us there on the saturday to lay a track, this year I am hoping for more
the rostrum and race control needs checking as reports from within goodrich
have said there is damage i will get someone to check it again
__________________
who knows who cares
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 22-04-2008
_JP_'s Avatar
_JP_ _JP_ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Mids
Posts: 622
Send a message via MSN to _JP_ Send a message via Skype™ to _JP_
Default

Thanks if you could that would be great and if thats the case we will need to get it sorted.

I don't think the Race control will hold out much longer!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 22-04-2008
ashleyb4's Avatar
ashleyb4 ashleyb4 is offline
Spends too long on oOple ...
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oswestry
Posts: 6,141
Default

I love marston always a good track and its always nice and warm. I always seem to do well at marston. and its my favriot surface GRASS!!!

A
__________________
Ashley Williams

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-05-2008
tyreman's Avatar
tyreman tyreman is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Leamington Spa
Posts: 1,853
Default

Any updates on parking???
__________________
LRP, Screwz4RC, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby,
Sanwa, Racer, RichPaint, RDT products,
Trishbits, Bandicoot Bodies

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-05-2008
_sleigh_ _sleigh_ is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In front of my PC
Posts: 1,920
Default

Speaking to JP at the weekend, the parking situation is as per his first post.

Basically we can park/pit on the small car park (old tennis courts area) We will be able to errect tents on the grass as normal, we'll just have to carry gear to and from the car park area.

Those not needing the 1:1 cars during the day may be able to park them in the larger car park on the opposite side of the footbal field. This will free up space for pitting.

I'm sure JP will update us if any of the above is inaccurate.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-05-2008
losixxx's Avatar
losixxx losixxx is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: worcester
Posts: 1,907
Default

going to be very tight squeeze if there's a big turnout
__________________
AC S4-LRP SPHERE TC-KO2123-NOVAK 5.5L

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-05-2008
Belsten's Avatar
Belsten Belsten is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South Wales
Posts: 2,495
Default

Does anyone have the postcode please ?
Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-05-2008
_JP_'s Avatar
_JP_ _JP_ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Mids
Posts: 622
Send a message via MSN to _JP_ Send a message via Skype™ to _JP_
Default

One thing I still need to find out is if we can park on the main car park, we can park down the side of the building where we come in and on the small car park in front of the track.

We will be meeting next saturday 17th at 1pm and could do with as much help as possible so don't be shy and it would be good to see some new faces helping out

nothing was damaged when Butch and I went over last saturday but kids have made a mess.

Thanks in advance.


Quote:
Originally Posted by _sleigh_ View Post
Speaking to JP at the weekend, the parking situation is as per his first post.

Basically we can park/pit on the small car park (old tennis courts area) We will be able to erect tents on the grass as normal, we'll just have to carry gear to and from the car park area.

Those not needing the 1:1 cars during the day may be able to park them in the larger car park on the opposite side of the football field. This will free up space for pitting.

I'm sure JP will update us if any of the above is inaccurate.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-05-2008
_JP_'s Avatar
_JP_ _JP_ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Mids
Posts: 622
Send a message via MSN to _JP_ Send a message via Skype™ to _JP_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsten View Post
Does anyone have the postcode please ?
Cheers
Goodrich
Stafford Road
Ford House
Wolverhampton
WV10 7EH
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-05-2008
Belsten's Avatar
Belsten Belsten is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South Wales
Posts: 2,495
Default

thanks, what is the track surface ?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-05-2008
strobe's Avatar
strobe strobe is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hereford
Posts: 821
Default

It's a Proper Off-Road racing surface. GRASS.
__________________
Associated SC10.
Associated RC8.
Atomic Carbon S4.
Paint by Wezzer.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-05-2008
Jonesy Jonesy is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ellesmere Port
Posts: 1,402
Default

Shame it isn't 2wd after this weekend for me!!!

Looking forward to it though!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-05-2008
DaveG28's Avatar
DaveG28 DaveG28 is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 3,736
Default

Hi Phil,

Any chance of an entry list, can't remember if I've entered before (Pm sent though!)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-05-2008
woohaa19 woohaa19 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: kingswinford
Posts: 118
Default help saturday

as jp said above we will need help doin the track on sat afternoon from 1pm onwards if any1 is close enough to come down and lend a hand it would be good

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-05-2008
butch butch is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 69
Default

KICKER
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-05-2008
_sleigh_ _sleigh_ is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In front of my PC
Posts: 1,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Hi Phil,

Any chance of an entry list, can't remember if I've entered before (Pm sent though!)
entry list no, but yes I got your PM this evening.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com