Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 13-10-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default WRCC Micro National....

Any 10th (or 8th) off-roaders fancy a go at something different?

I promice the track to be 'american' jump inspired and will be a lot of fun to drive and race on.

and if you have to stay over for the event, the club are holding their normal club nights on the Saturday night so you can do the 'warm-up' event the night before!! how ace is that???
Old 14-10-2008
Mad Member

This will be one of the best micro off road events of the year and definitely worth a visit. The track layout has been finalised, jumps are being built as we speak but most importantly all the materials for the feature jump, a 2 lane crossover 4 meter long jump was delivered tonight! It's going to be awesome!
Old 14-10-2008

Send a message via MSN to mattbrown

Where abouts in the country are you?

What are the classes?

May be worth dragging the blaze out as a break from tc and 10 off road.

Matt
Old 14-10-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

High Wycombe, just off J4 of the M40.
Old 14-10-2008
Mad Member

http://www.wycomberacing.co.uk/contactus.htm
Old 14-10-2008
oOple Advertiser

I'm not doing well on the jumps on Monday evenings but I feel i'm better than I was a few weeks ago, so, i'll keep practicing LOL

The first night I went I had Chris D running around marshalling me like a banshee on crack (thanks for that mate). The flat stuff is no problem at all and the car is dialled ..... just got to get the mind right to land the jumps every time (i've never been good at jumps).

Really looking forward to the National track, i'm sure if Chris has anything to do with it there will be some serious airtime and a good rhythm section of some sort.

........ bring the spares Carl LOL
Old 14-10-2008
Mad Member

If there is one thing micro off road racing will make you good at its jumps! Alec, stick a big wing on the back of it and as you are getting more consistent cut the wing smaller and smaller. Also, make sure you use full size foams or rubber for extra wheel torque

On top of the huge mahoosive feature jump, there are a few new things being constructed for this national specially so yep, there will be airtime and you'll get vertical too. Get ready for it
Old 22-10-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

entries are filling up, get yours in to avoid disapointment!
Old 22-10-2008
oOple Advertiser

Chris, only one thing ...... can you please make sure there's somewhere to overtake !!!!
I love the jumps and stuff but it would be great if there was somewhere that wasn't an obstacle for some clean overtaking moves. There's nothing worse than being stuck behind someone in qualifying (particularly) and not being able to get through without 'running the gauntlet' lap after lap. The referees at Leighton done their best but it was really manic at times and i'm sure that the Leighton track was less 'busy' than the Wycombe track is ever going to be.
Personally at Wycombe, because of the lack of space, I think that a more open track with a good variety of surfaces (slippy, bumpy etc) and a couple of 'serious air' jumps would be more appropriate and a lot easier to marshall. The danger is that if there is too much going on in one lap then the overall meeting would be a disaster instead of a success. A demanding obstacle course is fine if qualifying is done 'rally style', i.e on your own, but when attempted by ten people all wanting the same thing (to post the fastest time), it can get a bit out of control and a good run is easily spoiled by someone having a bad one dropping onto you from a flyover.
As a non-member of the club I obviously don't get a say but I thought i'd just voice my opinion, for what it's worth.
...... I can't wait for Wycombe national, I hope it's the success it deserves
Alec
Old 22-10-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm in! And as I will no doubt be in the bottom heat as I have no previous seeding, I wholeheartedly agree with Alec! lol

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 22-10-2008
Mad Member

Alec, get better at the jumps and overtake in the air!
Old 22-10-2008
Mad Member

4WD now have 49 entries!
Old 23-10-2008
oOple Advertiser

Even the 'air' is full of obstacles at Wycombe LOL
Old 23-10-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
Even the 'air' is full of FEATURES at Wycombe LOL
Sounds to me like you might be better suited to touring cars

The micro tracks are all different and as you have 7 rounds of nationals to compete in with 5 to count you can afford not to do all that well at 2 of them. No need to get too worried about individual tracks.

Wycombe is one of the tighter tracks and even if there are a lot of features spread over the track (which I am not saying is the case... but it might be ) everyone on the day will be racing on the SAME track so it's no less fair. The challenge is for you to get your race strategy worked out so you get the cleanest runs in qualies.

Doughty has already posted up great advice, that the way to do well at Wycombe will be to drive conservatively and consistently. Patience Daniel sun! Or go balls out and just have some fun!
Old 23-10-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

YEH, BALLS OUT!
(What was the question?)
Old 23-10-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

and there will be some flat bits for some side-by-side racing too, I think our track idea is unique and yet still allows for racing to be done, some parts of the track might require technique, some parts might require some 'pushing'

I think it will end up with a good variety for the track and as part of the national series
Old 23-10-2008
Mad Member

Quick update on the double lane cross over jump.

For those that don't know, we are running the first ever double lane cross over jump on a micro national track. That's a nice and easy 13 foot jump. But for the slower cars or those afraid to get their cars airborn (Alec ) there is a bridge that can be driven over. We didn't want there to be a blind drive through under the bridge so we bought a truck load of clear polycarbonate to build the blingest bridge you have ever seen but it didn't quite work out so well because the reflection in the room made it like a mirror so you couldn't see through it!

Plan B was implemented last night. Our bridge top surface is now made out of top grade smooth welded galvanised wire mesh with 1/2inch square holes so it provides excellent visibility at all angles. The wire mesh is smooth so there is nothing for the cars to snag on and foam tyres won't be damaged. Additionally, the wire mesh actually turned out to be quite grippy so doesn't do weird things with the cars driving over them either. Bring on Wycombe!
Old 23-10-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Grate!
(Some cheese?)
I'll get mi coat.
Old 23-10-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Long and Harris, drop me an email or a PM, I will reserve some Team SMD tables for us
Old 23-10-2008
oOple Advertiser

I've no problem getting the car airborn, it's the bits in between that are the problem lol.
Just when I thought there couldn't possibly be any other features added, out of the mist comes ..... A HAMSTER CAGE !!!!!
I'm looking forward to the National whatever the track is like, i'm just hoping that there will be at least one bit of big air (i'm just starting to get the hang of landing) LOL