Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 28-10-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Dynamight why not spend £25 a pack for ones on the list for the peace of mind if something did go wrong? You dont need to spend £40-£80 a pack!

As one of the mandarins that gave up my free time to have a say at the AGM I find it amazing people can spend so much time posting on sites like this complaining about a hobby we all enjoy, yet wont spare 1 day a year or even every 2 or 3 years to have a say and change things for the better.
Old 28-10-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

Hmmmm, a day away from here and it still goes on without my involvement... I must try harder!!!

OK, some points to ponder...

1. I still haven't seen a reason why the paperwork trail exercise makes one battery safer than another?
2. Just putting a vote online don't make the whinging more, just makes the vote more accessible, can be as simple as three buttons 'YES' 'NO' and 'ABSTAIN', no debate etc, most hotels and conferences have decent internet access, so it could even be streamed over the interweb.
3. My issue isn't with the EB Board, the EB List etc, it is whether it is needed at regional level.

In the end at club level the only thing, as a club we must do is follow the General Rules. IF a club choose to adopt class rules that is up to them, we choose to use the categories but really that is about it, we would never turn away someone (unless it is nitro).
Old 28-10-2014
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
1. I still haven't seen a reason why the paperwork trail exercise makes one battery safer than another?
It doesn't. It provides a papertrail for the insurers to trace back (and presumably claim from) in the event of cell failure causing injury and/or damage to property.
Old 28-10-2014

Col, I really do understand that, but the impression people have is that the cells on the list are 'safer' than those that aren't, which it seams to why they want the list. And I assume that all those who buy cells from overseas fully understand their responsibility when they purchase and use them?

If you are buying from a reputable outlet (I am sure you can call HK that) then they should have that, and aircraft, boats, airsoft etc seem happy with their cell use.
Old 28-10-2014
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Col, I really do understand that, but the impression people have is that the cells on the list are 'safer' than those that aren't, which it seams to why they want the list.
Indeed.

Quote:
And I assume that all those who buy cells from overseas fully understand their responsibility when they purchase and use them?
I doubt it very much. People are, generally, quite stupid.
Old 28-10-2014

So, maybe it has been lost in the thread, my point that I have tried to get to is....

What should a regional be, should it be a full blown national, eb list and all (although you can choose not to adopt stuff like scrutineering), or do you try to ensure club drivers can try out far more organised events, where they are safe to run what you bring, which caters for all and turns away none? But as the proposal was withdrawn then it is a mute point for another 12 months.
Old 29-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Skull View Post
Lots of good replys and some stupid ones.

I think the key thing is the BRCA make rules to help racing.

If you are one of the ones buying from HK and not paying import duty then you dont care about the rules.

Therefore any one asking for non homologated Lipos to be allowed at racing should not be allowed an opinion on the subject, and reported to the authority's immediately.

Let see who posts about HK Lipos now? I will make a note and call the good people at customs!
THE BRCA does not make Rules - It is the racers who make rules by proposing discussing and voting for them at the AGM.

The BRCA implement those rules.

How many times does this have to be said. There are so many posts on this thread and other forums, Facebook etc. " the BRCA is elitist" "Why don't the BRCA do this, that or the other"

THE BRCA is YOU the members, the "BRCA" committees do not change rules, they do not make rules, ONLY YOU THE MEMBERS OF THE BRCA CAN CHANGE THE RULES
Old 29-10-2014

RE ONLINE VOTING.

an important point to rember it is not always a simple yes or no - a proposal may on its own look sensible, that is until it is discussed and problems not seem been the proposer are seen, the proposal can then be changed and a sensible, workable rule can be voted on.
Old 29-10-2014

Allowing viewing and discussion online by the simple addition of a text box will facilitate that. I still see no reason to drive 300 miles to the AGM to vote on a proposal...

Col - Were you quoting Men in Black? " A person can be smart, but people are dumb panicky animals, and you know it!" So true...

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 29-10-2014

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
So, maybe it has been lost in the thread, my point that I have tried to get to is....

What should a regional be, should it be a full blown national, eb list and all (although you can choose not to adopt stuff like scrutineering), or do you try to ensure club drivers can try out far more organised events, where they are safe to run what you bring, which caters for all and turns away none? But as the proposal was withdrawn then it is a mute point for another 12 months.
Here's a thought
Put an open heat on with ur regionals, so thowecwith non conforming electrics can experience a big meeting, in their own heat.......simples.....
Old 29-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC199 View Post
Does this really, and I do mean really need to go to a vote ?...
YES

Unfortunately (or not depending on your viewpoint) the voting procedure is a rule - one of your predecessors made the way the voting works a strict rule.

If the Committee - You, and your peers, have voted in - ignore the rules - You, and your peers have voted in - and just do things as they see fit then the membership lose all input into the procedure?

So do you want a Dictatorship or a Democracy?

You can't have both - which if you read this thread is the basic gist of the conversation, some folk want:-
"It's obviously wrong why don't you just fix it?"
Others
"Why are we being told to do this?"

Now we've been going for years and some bits are therefore quite old fashioned (in some people's opinion) and may well need fixing - but we have an organisation that's a quite strict democracy - so it takes input to fix it.

The scary bit is how little input - as you could have made the proposal and sent it in with less typing than you've already done on here.
But nobody does - sad isn't it?
Old 29-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC199 View Post
Allowing viewing and discussion online by the simple addition of a text box will facilitate that. I still see no reason to drive 300 miles to the AGM to vote on a proposal...

Col - Were you quoting Men in Black? " A person can be smart, but people are dumb panicky animals, and you know it!" So true...
The problem is with online voting you need to be able to read, read the the proposal, and then understand it before making decisions other wise the less intelligent jump to assumptions, odly you and others seem to struggle with at least one part of that.
Old 29-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
The problem is with online voting you need to be able to read, read the the proposal, and then understand it before making decisions other wise the less intelligent jump to assumptions, odly you and others seem to struggle with at least one part of that.
Hi Mark
Actually I think with Skype and similar I think people remote from a meeting can be an integral part of it - just need the right tools and I think it's probably do-able.
Online polls can be another useful tool to gauge a mass opinion that you can then base the above discussion around.

Certainly several sections already use (or have done) polls (it's a choice their members have made) as a tool to do just that - though I don't think any have made the jump to allowing people to join the meeting remotely - and that last bit surprises me really.
It'd only take One person to make the proposal along with the strap line of "and come along on the day to make it work too" and I reckon it might just get voted in.. at least on a sectional basis.
Old 29-10-2014

So if non homologated entries can run at the same event isn't this contrary to the safety rules? The apparent reason for the list? Or would they have to Marshall their own heat and everyone else leave the venue?
Old 29-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazp83 View Post
So if non homologated entries can run at the same event isn't this contrary to the safety rules? The apparent reason for the list? Or would they have to Marshall their own heat and everyone else leave the venue?
Nope
Old 29-10-2014

Okay so the battery list isn't for safety then? Just performance?
Old 29-10-2014
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazp83 View Post
Okay so the battery list isn't for safety then? Just performance?
Exactly that

It come from back in the day when batteries were not good enough to use as much power as was available for a full 5 minutes. There was a real skill to getting to 5 minutes at a decent speed...... New technology batteries coming out half way through a year could make a big difference.

Anyway, that's history......

And before you say that isn't the case any more, well I actually agree with you, it isn't the case. There are a handful of factories making the internals to our Lipo packs, so performance is fairly even (in my opinion) between many packs.

BUT

No one has proposed we don't bother with the list any more, so we still have it.

Make sense?

G
Old 29-10-2014

Okay fair enough but as you've said time moves on, people will have to get to the vote next year and make a few changes. I'm sure people could come together to reduce costs etc for travelling.
Old 29-10-2014
Super Moderator

Also (I can't actually take credit for this.....):

The EB list stops a company releasing a car that uses an odd shaped battery that is either unavailable to the general public or costs a ridiculous amount of money!

G
Old 29-10-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal View Post
THE BRCA does not make Rules - It is the racers who make rules by proposing discussing and voting for them at the AGM.

The BRCA implement those rules.

How many times does this have to be said. There are so many posts on this thread and other forums, Facebook etc. " the BRCA is elitist" "Why don't the BRCA do this, that or the other"

THE BRCA is YOU the members, the "BRCA" committees do not change rules, they do not make rules, ONLY YOU THE MEMBERS OF THE BRCA CAN CHANGE THE RULES
I never mentioned the BRCA was elitist, it is an organisation of us the racers. We all have input. So when i say the BRCA implement the rules i mean the committee who we elected and do all the work on our behalf !

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com