Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 29-01-2015
Legendary dude

Default Sky rc toro 120a

What are peoples experience of these as I've just bought one to go into the new KF when it arrives.

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 29-01-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
What are peoples experience of these as I've just bought one to go into the new KF when it arrives.
Neal has one in his bmax and has had nothing but praise for it. His car is as quick as mine too
Old 29-01-2015

Yeah I've got one in my 4wd and its really good. Get the Bluetooth dongle and get the app on your phone and can set it up on that.
Old 29-01-2015

Yes they're very good, essentially a re-branded Hobbywing v3.1. Loads and loads of options, especially when connected to the PC. My fan is VERY loud though.

Make sure you update the firmware too, they released a brand new v2 firmware a few weeks ago.

You can grab the latest Sky Link software here: http://www.skyrc.com/index.php?route...ownload_id=123

Mine did actually have a problem, where it wouldnt turn off but it does seem to be a very rare fault. Theres a large post of the RC Tech forums with very little issues.
Old 29-01-2015
Legendary dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazp83 View Post
Yeah I've got one in my 4wd and its really good. Get the Bluetooth dongle and get the app on your phone and can set it up on that.
Can you update firmware though the app?

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 29-01-2015

Quote:
Haven't tried to but I will now and see what happens. The option is there, if you have a smartphone then search for Sky rc link and take a look.
Old 29-01-2015

Quote:
Even though the option is there it has never worked, you need to connect it to a PC via the cable.
Old 29-01-2015

I think it has to be updated through pc, unless I'm doing something wrong.
Old 29-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

They are good John, I've got three, had a fourth but reverse polaritied it some time ago in a rush and killed a phase.

SkyRC are a sister brand to hobbywing from the same Chinese manufacturer, and are also essentially the same as Gforce and new Reedy black box, plus other similar looking things. The manufacturer tweeks the firmware/software and casing for eash brand, but they are essentially the same units.
You could argue that one brand over another specified different internal components, some maybe higher quality or better tolerances, which may reflect in the overall cost of the finished unit.

The skyrc toro is good though I like mine.

Cheers for headsup on the software update DynaMight. I knew one was due, but hadn't checked in a while.

Not sure if you can update ESC firmware through bluetooth, I'd suggest not, but not tried as i don't have one. usb interface (skylink) or the progbox, which is also usb interface John
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 29-01-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 29-01-2015

If i have a sky rc prog box what do i need and do to update? Will it link to pc or i need another lead?

Got it in a tc with 17.5t must admit it could do with being quicker, could it be in wrong mode somewhere

Shelf queens Losi XX4 Worlds, XX-CR

Mid East Regionals - F3

Trader Feedback
Old 29-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've just run it... It looks like the firmware on the speedo remains the same, it's just the interface on the software is a bit friendlier and doesn't default into Chinese when first run.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 29-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
I've just run it... It looks like the firmware on the speedo remains the same, it's just the interface on the software is a bit friendlier and doesn't default into Chinese when first run.
For me the firmware went from 1.05 to 2.01. There was no changelog so hard to say what actually changed though.
Old 29-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaMight View Post
For me the firmware went from 1.05 to 2.01. There was no changelog so hard to say what actually changed though.
Hmm ok. i only briefly ran the software. i hit upgrade and it said no firmware available. then my dinner was ready so i left it. ill try again..
Old 30-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaMight View Post
Ok tried again and it offered the 2.01 upgrade. done all three.
What version is your program box on? mine is still v1.07.
Old 30-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Ok tried again and it offered the 2.01 upgrade. done all three.
What version is your program box on? mine is still v1.07.
Yeah I didnt get any updated firmware for the program box either.
Old 30-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

changes are:
smoother
programmable dual voltage bec
new software that has monitoring functions like temp, rpm, timing, etc.
new software interface.
Old 30-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG 40 View Post
If i have a sky rc prog box what do i need and do to update? Will it link to pc or i need another lead?

Got it in a tc with 17.5t must admit it could do with being quicker, could it be in wrong mode somewhere

Sorted read manual had boost and turbo to low for motor turn 😜

Shelf queens Losi XX4 Worlds, XX-CR

Mid East Regionals - F3

Trader Feedback
Old 11-03-2015

Hi Guys

Could you advise me on what the setup on the Toro 1s should be for Blinky mode? I assume its all the throttle, boost and turbo all set to zero? But i am allowed to adjust the brake ratios?

Many thanks in advance

Stuart
Old 11-03-2015

Just boost and turbo to zero.
Old 11-03-2015

So punch rate switch point, 1st and second stage punch rate can be played with too and the esc is still in BRCA regulations blink mode?

Once again, appreciate the advice.