Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 22-05-2015

Default Beware of ebay seller selling lazer zx sport

Hi. I just wanted to see if anyone had bought a lazer zx-sport of ebay recently. Like within the last 12 hours.
I previously bought this car. The guy incorrectly quoted me shipping to New Zealand. Told me knew amount so I bought the car, but when I wen to pay for it the shipping had been increased considerably from what he quoted.
When I queried this he asked if i still wanted the car. I said I didn't want to pay the increase in shipping as it was more than the car was worth.
He said he would re-list it. Then I got more correspondence from him saying he would open a dispute payment with ebay if I didn't pay for the car.
Then he said he would absorb the extra shipping cost if I paid for it immediately which I did.
Another week went by and no shipping details where sent. So I contact him again asking what is happening. He replays saying he will send it on Thursday which is his day off work. This is happening on a Monday in my country so it would be close to another week before he ships is.
I get an emails saying he was shipping the car on my Friday. His Thursday.
Then I get another email saying he was going to bill me the extra shipping cost as he shouldn't have to pay the difference as he can't afford it. He made the incorrect shipping quote. He should have to wear the cost for his mistake.
I said no I was not paying the extra shipping cost.
Then I get a notification from ebay saying it's been shipped, so I ask him for tracking number. I continue to ask for attacking number for another few days till I see the car had been relisted on ebay.
He is a lier and changes his mind constently about purchases. Buyer beware of ebay seller money junky
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (154.6 KB, 64 views)
Kyosho lazer zx-5
Old 23-05-2015

Wow. Hope you got your $ back. Did you dispute with ebay under buyer protection?
Old 23-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo scorpion View Post
Wow. Hope you got your $ back. Did you dispute with ebay under buyer protection?
Yes but I did a rookie move. Used my old ebay account that had been hacked by mistake and the dramas I've had with PayPal have been fun.
But if he doesn't refund me by the 2nd of June they will just reimburse me at his cost. Who would have thought buying a car would be so difficult haha
Kyosho lazer zx-5
Old 28-05-2015
Mad Member

make sure you give him negative feedback
Old 28-05-2015

I had a similar experience on a forum. Guy sold me some bits and i paid. Then he had issues getting to the post office (there was a major storm in his area so seemed legit) then he quit answrring me. Had to dispute with paypal.
Was a pain in the butt. I just don't get the non comunication with some people. Like if they changed their mind or whatever fine. Just refund my money. Otherwise im going to file a complaint and get my money back anyway. And they get a negative from paypal/ebay etc. And negative trader feedback.
Old 29-05-2015

Yes I have to agree. Why do some people have to make trading so difficult.
I got a refund but it's made me a lot more sceptical about trading with people online now.
Was a huge hassle and it's not like I wanted the car to get it running. I just wanted some of the parts of it.
Kyosho lazer zx-5
Old 30-05-2015

Good to hear you got your refund Daz
Old 30-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by type49rs View Post
Good to hear you got your refund Daz
Yea now on the hunt for another parts car john
Kyosho lazer zx-5
Old 31-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedarren View Post
Yes I have to agree. Why do some people have to make trading so difficult.
I got a refund but it's made me a lot more sceptical about trading with people online now.
Was a huge hassle and it's not like I wanted the car to get it running. I just wanted some of the parts of it.
Glad u got your $$$ back. Or is it £££ for you?

I got burned trading once and ill never trade again online. Ill meet up and trade in person but never by mail.
Im even cautious buying online from individuals. But as long as its protected by paypal or ebay i feel like i have one line of defense. Though i dont think paypal provides feedback. Like i bought something once and it was poorly packed.....
Old 02-06-2015

It's $$$$ here haha. Yes I understand where your coming from. Buying online is always a risk. I have posted elsewhere on this site that I bought a charger online. It broke within one meeting and I had to send it back at my own cost for repair. I'm still waiting for the charger to come back. This has left me very without a charger. I'm just lucky I have friends who have helped charge my batteries for me till it comes back.
I think I will no longer buy electronics online. It's to much hassle If things go bad
Kyosho lazer zx-5