Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 25-04-2012

Default HPI/Apex short course challenge

http://www.adurrc.org/index.php/shortcourse

Just thought I'd post this as couldn't find any reference to it on here.
Old 25-04-2012
SHRCCC Legend

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96700

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99287

Old 25-04-2012
Mad Member

Shame it's all too South, makes it far too expensive to compete with mileage involved, so puts a lot of the SCT National guys out

maybe it would have been a bit more appropriate to re-type the rules section or at least ask permission from the SCT National series organisers before copying and pasting the rules?! bit lame chaps

Good luck with the series, anything that boosts the SCT class is great stuff
Old 25-04-2012

Does it really matter? All we want to do is race, not to worry about where the rules came from!

Just my 2p's worth!
Old 25-04-2012
SHRCCC Legend

There's rules?!
Old 25-04-2012

I would have thought that the people that run in the national series would be pleased that another series was adopting 'their' rules.
Surely a standardised set of regulations is what the class should aspire to if it has aspirations of growth.
What a strange, petty complaint.
Old 25-04-2012

Send a message via MSN to johnni boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getpip View Post
I would have thought that the people that run in the national series would be pleased that another series was adopting 'their' rules.
Surely a standardised set of regulations is what the class should aspire to if it has aspirations of growth.
What a strange, petty complaint.
Is it copied word for word? Does it have references to the original site?
Old 25-04-2012
Mad Member

So its ok for someone else to sit and plan these rules after discussions with racers etc, spend time typing them up etc, and for a rival series to copy and paste without even editing them into context?

The point is you could at least ask the editor and owner of website before doing so... It's annoying to hear of this kind of rudeness in a hobby where we would normally all work together.

Before the 'rival' series is questioned... You have set SCT meetings on the same date as rounds of UK SCT Nationals?!
Old 25-04-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post

Before the 'rival' series is questioned... You have set SCT meetings on the same date as rounds of UK SCT Nationals?!
Now that was stupid....
Old 25-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post
So its ok for someone else to sit and plan these rules after discussions with racers etc, spend time typing them up etc, and for a rival series to copy and paste without even editing them into context?
!
Sounds like you are describing pretty much exactly what most clubs do for their own series with the rules formulated by the BRCA. Why do you not see this as a good thing?

If your rules are sound and well founded then surely you want them to be adopted as widely as possible.

Seems to me to be a compliment, accept it as such.

I agree the calendar could have been more sympathetic.
Old 25-04-2012
Mad Member

I am good friends with the chap that does all the admin stuff for the SCT Nationals and he does a lot for the hobby, it's a slap in the face to see his work that is done for the hobby voluntary with the little spare time he has merely badly copied and pasted...

Have a bit of respect is my point, at least hide the fact you couldn't be arsed to write your own rules for your series!
Old 09-06-2012

You could argue that the rules were previously ripped from another event the year before..certainly a number of the photos were used last year by the National Series from it. Not really any point making an issue of it.

But frankly there are hardly going to be massive changes to the rules for such a fledgling class. Although I think some of the interpretation of the rules could be down to opinion as some of the body mods are becoming interesting to stop parachuting.

The event was not set to rival the Nats, or was intended just for Southerners, it just happens to be 4 local clubs where SC racing was thriving or could grow, HPI/APEX being involved is welcome, but the main aim was for each club to run a round and promote SC. if there is a club out there that does not benefit fron an extra days race income then good luck to them. It surely would not be the first time local clubs team up.

This series is considerably smaller than Nationals, but might spawn a few drivers that dabble at the Nats which must be a good thing, I know its happened this year, and for those that do both, one set of rules...maybe thats even sensible.
Old 09-06-2012
Mad Member

The point was made and understood,

Anything that boosts SCT racing is great stuff, Clashing SCT meeting dates is a bit counter productive as doesn't encourage the SCT Racers in the South to attend the already scheduled SCT National meeting.

Just out of interest, which SCT meeting photographs are you referring to?
Old 09-06-2012

Agreed promoting SC is the point. No intention to clash on the July meeting but dates weren't shared and these things are 'fun' to sort out between club meetings as it is. Should we do similar next year then an email or two may avoid a clash, and hopefully numbers swell.

A club member noticed pics last year on the main site that he claimed to have taken at a SC event the previous year one of the HPI challenges, it was sorted without any fuss.

We had a good days racing last year the chaps from Coventry ran a good event, and it was certainly good to see drivers that we dont race with every week...and everyone was there for the rubbing/racing. We had a few club drivers avoid it thinking that it would be full of pros, but everyone was down to earth, we had over a dozen new to the hobby race with us last year so all good.

On rules it cant be long surely before BRCA get something in place, I think most clubs work to a similar set, it doesn't need much tweaking although we have considered a rtr class as some drivers complain that the more cash you throw at it etc. thats a can of worms though as some kits are brushed and others brushless, and you then get into batteries which is a minefield too. You then lose some of the fun, and then the appeal all together....but for now, its all good, and I am preparing for the smashing I'll get tomorrow....if the rain holds off.