Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 26-09-2020

Default Buggy tyres for road?

I have an Associated B4 which I run on my drive, in the street and on the pavement quite a lot. Can anyone suggest a good tyre choice. I've worn through a couple of sets of standard ones pretty quickly. I'm guessing there must be something more suitable and durable available for street use? Thanks
Old 26-09-2020

Proline do the road rage tyre but it's pricey!! There's also Schumacher venom but I still think they would wear pretty quickly.

For bashing around at home I'd use something like fastrax arrows or some other cheaper alternative.
Old 27-09-2020

Try Schumacher road and track green compound I’ve used them outside on tarmac on my L1 last a lot longer than anything else I’ve tried 👍
Schumacher Cat K2
Schumacher KF2
Tamiya DF03 Dark Impact
Tamiya TB04
Vintage Tamiya TL01 Baja Champ
Vintage Tamiya Striker
Old 28-09-2020
Mad Member

For Proline I'd look at the SlideJob and Inversion. Not cheap and for both tires, particularly the inversion, the available compounds are rather soft. Still, the treads have potential, the SlideJob having block-style pins grouped very close together and the Inversion has a low-profile, road tire-esque tread.

JConcepts offer slick-like tires with a slight tread on them: the Octagons. They also have slicks without any tread, as do Sweep tires, but slicks might not handle dust so well, like worn tires

If that doesn't work, maybe stay on the lookout for used tire lots? If I go driving on tarmac I just use up a set (or two) of tires that are worn for track use but still have a little profile left on them...

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy

Last edited by Origineelreclamebord; 28-09-2020 at 05:52 AM.