Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 18-12-2010

Default 2011 calender

As much as i appreciate the relevant sections in getting the 2011 BRCA race dates out early, I do feel that sightly better coordination between the 2 main off road sections could have been achieved.

As this seems to be the most sensible forum to voice an opinion on this topic, I therefore suggest.... no plead, for anyone who is remotely connected to either section committee, to see sense in this situation for the good of both classes.

My suggestion is as follows:-

The 1/8th section move its round 2 date from Sunday 8th May to Sunday 1st May

The 1/10th section move its round 4 date from weekend of 18th/19th June to weekend of 25th/26th June

IF.... just IF this can be done, many more racers can attend both series (either racing, watching, supporting) and for the BRCA, they will be rewarded with the potential of having the very best racers representing them at the 2012 international everts.

IF we can not manage to do this, then one if not both classes, will be diluted. Equally this will also help the commercial industry, as our main players will be able to support both classes to their highest level.

So I ask again, if you agree with the simple suggestion and you know of any committee member, please have a chat. Lets make 2011 a year to remember

PS to those who are thinking it dont matter, my section will be fully booked, just think.... economic times are not good, until the numbers are in, we don't know for sure that high entires will happen in 2011. On top of that we seem to be losing a shut per month at the moment.

Thanks for reading

Jon Dell
Old 18-12-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Iknow it takes the BRCA alot of work to co-ordinate with the clubs to arrange the callender. I know they will have arranged as best as they can not to clash with other series but if it unavoidable its unavoidable. So leave it alone. Personally im liking the looks of that list.

Ash

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 18-12-2010
Mad Member

I do agree with Jon.

It should be recognised that a lot of racers including the best in the country want to race 1/10th and 1/8th.

So it makes a lot of sense to get the organisers to discuss the dates and try to avoid clashes if possible.

I know this is not always easy to manage but it is in everyones interest

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 18-12-2010

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
Iknow it takes the BRCA alot of work to co-ordinate with the clubs to arrange the callender. I know they will have arranged as best as they can not to clash with other series but if it unavoidable its unavoidable. So leave it alone. Personally im liking the looks of that list.

Ash
as ususal ash....total rubbish. i doubt you have actually any experience of this so ill give you mine

i have done this years 10th ic national calander dates (8 rounds) and worked with the 8th on road section (9 rounds) in planning calanders. we do not have any clashes, and have avioded clashing with euros too, so it CAN be done if sections work together.
and ash, all done from sctatch in 2 weeks of planning to sorting dates to booking clubs.

clubs that are offered to host a national are not going to turn it down if thay have a club day planned for that day.

the other side of the coin is that i presume not all rounds count? and if drivers miss a few meets then it give reserves a chance to compete!
Old 18-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

List???? what list??? Are the dates available somewhere???

P.S. I agree with Jon to a large extent here, lots of cross overof interest. Anything has to be better than having to run on-road as theere are no off road events some weekends then a choice of 12teen the next.

On the other hand there may well be good reasons why this has happened which we don't know about, I still have total faith in the BRCA teams to give us the best racing they can!!!

Last edited by RogerM; 18-12-2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Forgot a bit
Old 18-12-2010

I am with John and Neil on this we are trying to put a programe together so these top events can be broadcast around the world live.

now some body has to deside which events this is going to happen and which ones are not, plus there is now a conflict for sponcers on this as well so it is quite a problem all round.
Old 18-12-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Where are the calendars?
Old 18-12-2010
Mad Member

the 1/10 off road nationals are in the 1/10th off road section of the brca website.

n
Old 18-12-2010

Send a message via MSN to russmini

Totally agrre Jon.

I'm not doing 8th anymore, so it doesn't impact me personally. I will hopefully be some 10th Nationals this year

A lot of the top 10th guys now do 8th, although some are going back to 10th or trying to do both. So everything Jon has said is bang on.

We need all our top drivers to be able to attend the top events, which will in turn allow them to attend the world's top events.

Old 18-12-2010

Keep the comments coming... If you feel strong enough about it, make your voice count.

Calenders can be found here:-

1/10th http://www.brca.org/?q=content/brca-...-calendar/9774

1/8th http://www.brca-rallycross.co.uk/art...endar_2011.htm

To clarify, the movement of one date by each section would allow a racer to do either a full 1/10th season and the minimum 8th or vice versa.

To Mark C, your comments are valid and show that on road IC are pro active and understand the need to work together, all be it that their relationships are closer than the 2 off road sections.
Old 18-12-2010
Mad Member

For the record I was not making a comment in favour of this thread, just pointing to the 1/10th off road calendar.
Old 18-12-2010

I totally agree with you Jon, I really don't understand why there can't be an agreement where say the 1/10th section has the 2nd weekend of every month every year and that then leaves enough weekends for the 1/8th section to plan both buggies and truggies as there where similar issues last year.

In the end Shops suffer, the industry suffers, racers suffer and the BRCA suffer as they will not have the strongest teams in 2012 as racers have to choose 1 class.

I know the guys on the section commities have a tough job and do it for now salary (+ it is not a job i would want) but the end result is a real shame currently.......
Old 18-12-2010

agreed! not impressed about this very upsetting
Old 19-12-2010

It just amazes me that 2 sections can't organise these 2 simliar classes without clashing!
whats even worse was that last year senior people were complaining that it was a shame that the likes of Neil Cragg and Darren Bloomfield weren't doing all 10th off road nationals due to "other commitments".

Like someone said earlier hosting a national is a privelage and should be prepared to be to run on any suggested week-end...so why should they clash!

It's not like the 2 classes are 10th off road and 12th electric is it! the 2 classes are almost identical and should be organised as such to give maximum benefit to ALL
Old 19-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellor View Post
It's not like the 2 classes are 10th off road and 12th electric is it! the 2 classes are almost identical and should be organised as such to give maximum benefit to ALL
I totally agree, the on road guys manage it as they look at it as a total section, we for some reason do not treat off road as a total section
Old 19-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellor View Post
Like someone said earlier hosting a national is a privelage and should be prepared to be to run on any suggested week-end...so why should they clash!
This maybe under the assumption that the applications to hold a National is over subscribed, so the committee can pick and choose and dictate the dates.

I do find it odd that the two sections haven't worked closer on confirming dates though.
Old 19-12-2010
oOple Advertiser

Totally agree with Jon and furthermore totally disagree with the BRCA not catering for my personal chosen classes paid for. In other words 'OFF ROAD'.
At this point surely the committee has a responsibility to actually cater for what we pay for - surely!!
This is obviously because these 2 sections do NOT talk or shall I be the first one to say they do not WANT to talk - it is totally clear and possible in next years calendar to achive the dates and that I am sure is the frustration shown in Jons post.
Furthermore, the classic excuse would be that clubs can't do this date and that date and all that rubbish, well I say they shouldn't have a National in that case. Set the dates then the venues should follow. If they can't do it then move on to the next one.
You would have the backing of every competive racer in the land if you did it that way.........
Chris - You are the Chairman of the BRCA and this is obviously a request of many racers for you to step in and sort this mess out.
I apologise if some of my wording is so direct but hey it's about time that someone said it so it's clear.
Jon I commend you for your post
Old 19-12-2010

100% agree
Tony's right - no longer do we have individual disciplines like we perhaps had in the past - Off Road is a whole discipline and competitors, shops, distributors and manufacturers all cater for both 1/8 an 1/10.

Yes the BRCA do a commendable and unenviable job and do it in their own time but perhaps sometimes when you're wholly immersed in one section or the other, it's impossible to view the wider picture.

And as Mark commented, if the ic on-road community can cater for both scale classes with a 17+ round calendar total, the question must be why can't the off-road community accommodate a 14 round total series?
Old 19-12-2010

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

try to bear with me here

as a brca comittee member (in on road) im going to say somin that wont please some ( no change there then)

im not sure who does the calenders for the off road sections (10th and 8th) but assuming its the chairmen? then
1/ its not an easy job, it does take time, and unlike us i assume you have more tracks available than you need for a serries. ( we have 7 tracks for 8 nationals)

2/ have the racers other than here voiced thier thoughts about clashing?
its not really down to the main exec to sort out dates, this is a sectional issue. though im sure if all of those concerned emailed the chairman chairman@brca.org im sure if he gets enough mails he will contact both sections and guide them to the light..

my sugestion would be to put in a proposal into both sections by respected drivers asking for each section to work together and look at coming up with a calander that does not clash. ( this what happened in on road ic, we as sections were just doing our own thing until it was pointed out, we have now worked together for 2 years.)
If the sections wont work with each other, then you can do a drastic aproach and vote out the chairmen and replace them with ones who will work together, both chairman in the classes are strong individuals but im sure if you all have a word with paul and kevin thay will do whats best for thier racers and the members of the brca, its certainly in the BRCA's interest, and lets face it if the respective nationals dont clash, both sections benifit from full healthy entries and the top guys comitted to both!
all sections comittees are there to do whats best for the section and its racers and "promote the sport of model car racing"
Old 19-12-2010

Ok this is just my view:

1) It does seem odd to have the major off road events clashing as with the various manufacturers re-entering into the off road markets 2011 is looking like a cracking year.

2) From my perspective if it means I can gain an entry to 1/10th national(s) then that's a good thing for me. However I'd still rather see the UK's best racing against each other and not gain an entry. As I can always still have a crack at the regionals.

I've never done nationals before, so can't really have a valid view on it anyway... Plus I'm a 1/10th only man and I think the BRCA do a cracking job.