Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 15-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Is RC’s Greatest Rivalry Back? Losi v AE

What do you think ? Or are there too many other players for them to worry about each other ?

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2011...-rivalry-back/
Old 15-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I hope so, rivalry is a good thing, push's the products forward.

But off road has a few more brands/teams that are more than capable of winning, Kyosho, Tamiya

I think it comes down to what you started out as a youngster.........

Associated all the way!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 15-07-2011
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

more like schuy v ae v tamiya are losi even in the same league at the mo
Old 15-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
more like schuy v ae v tamiya are losi even in the same league at the mo
yes i would say they are

it may not seem like it on our side of the pond but in the US where rivalry has always been biggest, schumacher cars and mid motor cars in general are not as popular.

a lot of whats popular in racing terms in the US is shortcourse trucks and I dont know if Tamiya have a 4x4 SCT.

The results from the worlds warm up would seem to indicate that Losi are certainly not to be ruled out

I think it would be good to have that old rivalry back, although I cant help but feel it will be lacking the spark it had in the 90's as its no longer 2 competing families.

I like to keep it going in my own way, I run a Losi 22 so wont run a B44 cause it just doesn't seem right
Old 15-07-2011

I have just read the article in question and I have an instant dislike for the guy who wrote it! I would bet he is one of the many Americans who doesnt own a passport and doesnt know what these odds names like 'Europe' and 'Japan' relate to.

He writes :
"In RC, the greatest and most heated rivalry of all time is Team Associated vs. Losi"

I looked up the exact meaning of rivalry and found this :
"Competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field."

Now ok, they are both aiming to have the best car so there is a little credibility here. But one swallow (TLR22) doesnt make a summer.

I would say that at the moment Losi are probably no more than the 5th or 6th biggest rival to AE. I would have Schumacher, Kyosho, TRF, Durango and possibly even Ansmann ahead of Losi in the pecking order when it comes to keeping AE off the top spot.

But then seeing as they are not American then in this guys eyes they probably dont count.....

They may once have had an 'epic' rivalry, that I will not dispute. But on what we have seen so far then he is more than a little premature to be declaring it back on again.

Just my opinion, but I think he is way wide of the mark with this one....
Old 15-07-2011
Mad Member

^^^Skye, you summed it all up perfectly. Losi really aren't in the same league as AE.

Typical example of a writer from the World of America.
Old 15-07-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim

Errr, dont forget 1/8th Nitro, where Losi are most definately up there with the very very best.

RC isnt just 1/10th electric; yet this guy just rules out Nitro with one swooping statement?!

In fact, I would say that Losi are a Nitro racing company - electric is very much secondary to their success (at least in the last decade).
With short course and now the 22 they are moving back into electric, but right now, I dont think there is any rivalry to speak of between Losi and anyone.
Old 15-07-2011
Mad Member

Don't forget that Losi are past multiple Euro and World Champions and had some of the best drivers in the world (at various times) running their cars; it's just they took a 'sabbatical' from 10th OR for a good number of years and are only now getting back into serious electric racing. As a result, I'm sure their UK team will only get stronger and stronger.

This worlds will be interesting as TLR seem to have a strong package stateside...lets see if they've got enough to tame the mighty Martin and Cragg

Good look Team UK
Old 15-07-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim

Errr, dont forget 1/8th Nitro, where Losi are most definately up there with the very very best.

RC isnt just 1/10th electric; yet this guy just rules out Nitro with one swooping statement?!

In fact, I would say that Losi are a Nitro racing company - electric is very much secondary to their success (at least in the last decade).
With short course and now the 22 they are moving back into electric, but right now, I dont think there is any rivalry to speak of between Losi and anyone.
Old 16-07-2011

would you say that AE & losi are going to be the only teams battling.. nope. with the likes of tebo and Martin about, running other cars.. its not a two horse race.