Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 19-12-2006
Lee-Mag

Default 2wd????????

Ladies and gents i have a question, i am looking for a 2wd car for next year, now i know what your thinking " the old AE/losi debate" but NO i am considering the X6 also mainly due to Dan G and chris being so helpful at batley regional and Jimmy`s review.
Now the problem i have is i dont have a donor B4 and from what i have heard X factory only do the "conversion" kit.
Is it worth buying a spanking new B4 and then the X6 kit or should i just buy a losi and be happy

The choice is yours
Old 19-12-2006
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

Personally I'd buy an Aero2
Old 19-12-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

buy a new B4,

at least when you try the X6, if you don't get on with it, you can bolt your B4 back end onto it again and have a world beating car again!
Old 19-12-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.tyrc.co.uk View Post
Personally I'd buy an Aero2
Is that the car you're not sure whether to make it Front or Rear wheel drive yet? Must be close to being available then hey
Old 21-12-2006
Lee-Mag

Bump!
Old 21-12-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Lee,
Id suggest having a good look on ebay, as it can result in some real gems of cars, unwanted Xmas presents and all that.. But I wouldn't go for a well used 2nd hand car, as B4 driveshafts and outdrives wear fast, effect the handling and aren't cheap.

If you are going for a new B4, I would advise the stealth kit over the Factory team and the only additional parts to upgrade it worth having are the Lunsford TI turnbuckles.

Come and see me and Dan at Batley (14th January is the next one), we'll always help.

Chris
Old 21-12-2006
Stu-Perstar

I think you should save a load of money and just buy the bits you need to make up the X6. This would be cheaper and you would not have the temptation of building it back to B4. You should decide now what you are going to do and stick with your decision.
Old 21-12-2006
LeeOtard

why the hell dont you just use a car thats won every title around???

is awesome.....

and they are getting pretty cheap also...if your new to driving, you really dont want to be playing around trying to get a new design to work for you....????
Old 22-12-2006
#1 ZX5 fan

Lee, (not pidge)

Thats nice of you to say

If you decide to run an X6 it's down to you how you want to do it, unfortuantly Woody I'm afraid you're not right, its more expensive to buy just the B4 bits you need as spares than a complete car, especially as you can flog the bits you don't need on t'ebay.

Whether you want to build it from a team or FT car is also a matter of personal choice. The stock steel turnbuckles in the team are junk and not having threaded bodies is less convinient but functinaly the rest is fine.

Chris is right though, look around, there will often be some well cheap 2nd hand B4's around. I seem to remember my last FT went for about £65 or something stupid

If you desice to get one, give Chris or myself a shout and we can give you any other advice you need. We'll be at the endurance race (team vintage), the rest of the regionals etc.

Dan

Nortech is ACE!