Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 14-03-2011

Default Tamiya Double Blaze help

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice with my new project.

I recently purchased off ebay a half-built Tamiya Double Blaze - it looks amazing and I imagine is a real beast! However it has no radio gear, speed control, battery or servos - I do have all the instructions though.

So I was looking around the web and found this on Modelsport UK (servo) and was wondering if this would solve my problems?

Any help would be great, cheers in advance, Mark
Old 14-03-2011
Mad Member

that would be most of what you need. You will also need an ESC (electronic Speed controller) unless you have one in the kit. You might instead have a MSC a mechanical one and that will work with one of the two servos that you have in the acoms set.

Cheers
Old 14-03-2011

Cheers for the reply, I think it has a ESC of sorts, looks like a small square of pcb with a metal switch on it with some contact plates. I will post some pics tomorrow. Cheers, mark
Old 15-03-2011

Well the truck turned up yesterday, I have completed stripped it down, and the servos/radio gear are on order from Modelsport UK.

Just need to get the battery pack and charger and we are in business, but I do have a couple of questions (again);

• What would be the ideal standard battery pack to get that is going to give a good amount of play time and isn't going to break the bank?

• Are there any hop-up for suspension for this model?

Cheers, Mark
Old 19-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalCBR View Post
Well the truck turned up yesterday, I have completed stripped it down, and the servos/radio gear are on order from Modelsport UK.

Just need to get the battery pack and charger and we are in business, but I do have a couple of questions (again);

• What would be the ideal standard battery pack to get that is going to give a good amount of play time and isn't going to break the bank?

• Are there any hop-up for suspension for this model?

Cheers, Mark
Answers:
1. anything above 3800mah
2. No, not really. There was a time that Tamiya produces Long CVA shocks (oil filled shocks for me and you) but they have discontinued that long time ago and the ones Tamiya have on the market are not long enough.