Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 11-08-2009
Mad Member

Default Durga electric installs

Hi guys

I'm running my Durga with the novak gtb system, however, it's a freaking mess, sensor wire is too long, wires everywhere etc. I want to make it tidier and was just wondering if any of you lot have done the same. If so, any chance of a pic?

One of my other ideas was for going for a low profile servo to clear some floor space, any suggestions?

ta muchos
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 12-08-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to simoncrabb

I've got a Sphere in mine, behind the motor, with the power wires located on the edge closest to the motor. It's not perfect, but it's okay. A short sensor wire is handy.

I use a low-profile servo up front, receiver just behind, loads of space. Servo I use in both this and my 416 is a Futaba S9550 or S9551 (also KO 2413 is an OEM version of the 9550, same servo I'm told.)

I'd post a pic if I hadn't just pulled all the electrics out of it temporarily!
Old 13-08-2009

Mine's a bit of a mess too. I have an archaic Acoms servo and receiver from the early 90's, which are huge (can u tell I'm on a tight budget?). I have had to remove the casing for the receiver and put in in a plastic baggy!!! They 'just' fit at the front, with an Orion Vortex ESC behind the motor. My sensor wire is a bit of a mess as it's built into the motor, so I can't change it to a shorter one, but at least the motor wires can be quite short.

SilverstoneRCMCC
Old 13-08-2009
Mad Member

The Motors not screwed in properly so the wire's aren't as neat as they should be but there's still plenty of room. Even got room for my PT on one side and handout tran' on the other side. It helps that I'm using the micro specky receiver . It fites the Baldre body better but the Durga one still has some room for cooling.

Clown
Old 16-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy L View Post
Hi guys

I'm running my Durga with the novak gtb system, however, it's a freaking mess, sensor wire is too long, wires everywhere etc. I want to make it tidier and was just wondering if any of you lot have done the same. If so, any chance of a pic?

One of my other ideas was for going for a low profile servo to clear some floor space, any suggestions?

ta muchos
Run the sensor wire to the front of the motor, along side the center cover and position the sensor port on the ESC face to the back of the car. Also, wrap all small electronics wires with the plastic coil wrap that is included in the kit then tie the excess sag with a ziptie to the hollow chamber on the back of the car. Or you can always get a shorter sensor wire. I think they sell that. The way you replace it with Novak motors is to remove the back cover to access the sensor port.

I hope that helps.