Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 06-08-2011
Mad Member

Default radio gear upgrade

Im thinking of upgrading my trusty dx3s spektrum,the two tramsmitters im thinking of getting are,futaba 4pk or sanwa m11x.

any advise on either would be good?

cheers matt.
Old 07-08-2011
Banned

I'm going to be upgrading to futaba at some point! Absolutely blinding system!
Old 09-08-2011

Default You should get the one that feels right in your hands

Most people tend to recommend what they are using or have their mind set on getting. There is nothing wrong with that but when it comes to transmitters I think it is very important to actually hold one in your hands before you decide. It is the only part you actually have to hold/touch when you drive, so it must feel good in your hands.

I have tested both the Futaba 4PKS and Sanwa M11X extensively and would say that for anything else than 1:5 IC or crawling they are equal in terms of features. For large scale petrol cars the 4PKS has a more advanced braking system as well as a more advanced feature set for crawlers. If you really want to nitpick the Futaba has a five point throttle curve as well as a three level traction control system rather than a two level one like the M11X, but I would say very few would have actual use of those features.

In terms of ergonomics, both can be adjusted and have their dials and buttons reprogrammed to suit just about any driver. The Sanwa is slightly heavier but still very comfortable to use for a full day at the track.
Old 09-08-2011

I have just upgraded from my KO system with the 2.4GHz SS Module and Rcv. I went for the Spektrum DX3R Pro, and am hugely impressed. It's nice and light, takes 4 batteries, (which last ages). Extremely comfortable, (comes with optional small and large grip). I very rarely change my radio gear, as in the past it has taken me a long time to get 'comfortable' with it. But it felt like we had been working together for years, after just 10mins of run time. :-).

The menu system is very user friendly, and has everything and more that the 1/10th Off Rcaer needs from his radio.

Paul

Schumacher Racing - Team Tekin - Spektrum - Inside Line Racing - TrishBits
Old 09-08-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
I have just upgraded from my KO system with the 2.4GHz SS Module and Rcv. I went for the Spektrum DX3R Pro, and am hugely impressed. It's nice and light, takes 4 batteries, (which last ages). Extremely comfortable, (comes with optional small and large grip). I very rarely change my radio gear, as in the past it has taken me a long time to get 'comfortable' with it. But it felt like we had been working together for years, after just 10mins of run time. :-).

The menu system is very user friendly, and has everything and more that the 1/10th Off Rcaer needs from his radio.

Paul
Been mulling this myself as I have the DX3R at present and the DX3R Pro does look more comfortable. I made the move from a KO Helios and much prefer it. Took a while for me to find the right spring tension on the wheel etc.