Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 03-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I am running 60g in the spine and the shocks on the rear of the tower, tried moving them to the front of the tower as I thought it might be a pendulum effect but this actually made the car worse still ... so much so I pulled it off after 3mins as it wasn't going to finish the run in one piece!

In the summer I was running the FS rear end most of the rear and 65-70g under each LiPo too. Actually when it got slippery I prefered the narrower still SP width rear .... I think this is all pointing to one thing sadly. The more I think about it the more I suspect I will end up with the FS2 rear back in the box.

God only knows how you guys run it with a rear ARB!
Old 03-01-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Everywhere ... it is like somebody has sanded all the spikes off the tires ... which is what the result is from running like that .. lol

Notice it most when coasting through a section of the corner, the more it shrugs of speed the worse it gets.

I've never come across anything like it in 25 years of racing 4wd buggies!
that sounds like a front end issue to me if i was having that problem and the car wanted gto turn arse about face of power the first thing i would do is soften the front shock oil and spring and lay down the front shock position to make the front end more progrssive. im sure you would have tried this.

it seems to me to be the front generating way to much front taction than is nessary.

stu
Old 03-01-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
I am running 60g in the spine and the shocks on the rear of the tower, tried moving them to the front of the tower as I thought it might be a pendulum effect but this actually made the car worse still ... so much so I pulled it off after 3mins as it wasn't going to finish the run in one piece!

In the summer I was running the FS rear end most of the rear and 65-70g under each LiPo too. Actually when it got slippery I prefered the narrower still SP width rear .... I think this is all pointing to one thing sadly. The more I think about it the more I suspect I will end up with the FS2 rear back in the box.

God only knows how you guys run it with a rear ARB!
you have pretty much confirmed my last post by saying it gets worse when you move the shocks back to the front of the tower.

in my veiw sticking more weight in is not the way forward i agree a heavier car with todays power can feel more settled but i feel to much weight can make a detremental effect to handling and it seems to get over looked.

i run 60g between my batts but i would never put any more in that area.

stu
Old 03-01-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
that sounds like a front end issue to me if i was having that problem and the car wanted gto turn arse about face of power the first thing i would do is soften the front shock oil and spring and lay down the front shock position to make the front end more progrssive. im sure you would have tried this.

it seems to me to be the front generating way to much front taction than is nessary.

stu
thats what i think mate,roger try no weight and the stiffener next mate.its got to be one of the two mate especcialy as you say its breaking away of power
Old 03-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:

stu
Yes mate, front end over one hole inside more than the stock tower, oils reduced to match.

Tried 4 rows off the fronts too just to be sure (and worn tires for that matter).

Fairly sure it's not initial / front end based but not 100%
Old 03-01-2011
Mad Member

you are having an intresting problem rog its odd though how the fs2 rear end seems to be the issue i must admit im not the best person to ask about the fs2 or fs rear end as my kyosho doesn't run either what may be best put the fs rear end back on get the car as you like it and maybe step out the box with setup as a lot of drivers i know only tend to go down the same route once you have done that go back to the fs2 rear and see how it feels.

stu
Old 03-01-2011
Mad Member

Reading through all this again, i would too suggest its the front end thats the issue..

Especially if its hooking round lifting off into a corner....

Try different pistons, the spacers to alter kickup... ( on high grip carpet i take them all out..) remove any spacers of the ackermann..

Also on the slipper... are you using the same colour pad front and rear???

At Broxtowe on sunday, i could come round the corner at the end of the straight by just lifting slightly then back on the power once round it... if i gave it too much (trying to line up for the next corner..) i could opposite lock it and drift it totally controllably to square it up.. its never like what you describe...

Infact when i drove your car at the Xmas Cracker briefly.. the car seemed ok... then only thing i didnt like was the whole feel of the transmitter, just felt extremely " slow " in response..

YOu got my email.... i sent to the googlemail work one you set up when you finished for xmas..

Old 03-01-2011
Mad Member

All these problems! makes me want a FS2 to see what all the fuss is about
Old 03-01-2011
Mad Member

the only problem i had sunday was some c**t taking up my table!!! lol but thanks for the wheel nuts mate
Old 03-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Mike, I am certainly not saying I think there is anything wrong with the car as there are many people who have picked it up and are flying with it.
I loved the FS, great car in my opinion.

I am just asking those who have run an FS2 longer than me to help me solve an issue which might very well be more down to how I like to drive than the car.
Old 03-01-2011
Mad Member

no problem mike the fs is only for the fast drivers lol

stu
Old 03-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sorry Nick, no mail from you .. please send it to my work address as I'll be there tomorrow. Cheers
Old 03-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
no problem mike the fs is only for the fast drivers lol

stu
Stu mate I think you may have hit the nail on the head there .... I am afterall going grey now
Old 03-01-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
the only problem i had sunday was some c**t taking up my table!!! lol but thanks for the wheel nuts mate
No Worrie's mate and thanks for letting me charge on your table. Though you really didnt like the slippy floor

Quote:
Mike, I am certainly not saying I think there is anything wrong with the car as there are many people who have picked it up and are flying with it.
I loved the FS, great car in my opinion.

I am just asking those who have run an FS2 longer than me to help me solve an issue which might very well be more down to how I like to drive than the car.
I was'nt saying there was a problem with the car, mearly suggesting that i get one and have a play (NO not had one of these yet)
Quote:
no problem mike the fs is only for the fat drivers lol

stu
I'll fit right in with you all
Old 04-01-2011

Roger, are you sure everything is working OK on your FS2 parts? I know you are a veteran racer (so I am ) but I didn't find such a handling difference going from the FS to the FS2. Your problem sounds as something is binding, bent, or broken. A stiff CV joint, a gritty bearing or a bent axle can look OK when checked by hand a make a mess of the handling on track.

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 04-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
Reading through all this again, i would too suggest its the front end thats the issue..

Especially if its hooking round lifting off into a corner....
I first thought that if you remember, why I attacked my front tires so savagely ... 2 rows off inner and 2 off outer ... then every other off what was then the outer before the final. I am running 2 rows of pins on the fronts now .. lol
It doesn't feel like a "hook" from the front, it's mid to late corner and I can almost see the rear coming around and the front, if anything, was pushing slightly as I normally like it. It might be a hook but it really doesn't have that feel about it.

Quote:
Try different pistons, the spacers to alter kickup... ( on high grip carpet i take them all out..) remove any spacers of the ackermann..
I went to 2C pistons, never run any spacers between gearbox and front hingepin mount on high grip, actually no ackerman spacers and the low height balls in there too. Not sure if there is much left to do with the front end.

Quote:
Also on the slipper... are you using the same colour pad front and rear???
Yes mate, whites both sides, new 1 meeting before the broxtowe cracker meeting.

Quote:
Infact when i drove your car at the Xmas Cracker briefly.. the car seemed ok... then only thing i didnt like was the whole feel of the transmitter, just felt extremely " slow " in response..
Please explain as I am not sure I understand what you mean there. It's the same handset and spektrum modual as you run, all the curves / exps / rates etc. are set to neutral as I prefer a linear feel to the throttle / steering. Not sure if it's relevant but I'll try anything that might help me understand this issue as I know I can make the car nice again by going to the previous rear end but its the not understanding the problem that is driving me mad!!!
Old 04-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayo View Post
Roger, are you sure everything is working OK on your FS2 parts? I know you are a veteran racer (so I am ) but I didn't find such a handling difference going from the FS to the FS2. Your problem sounds as something is binding, bent, or broken. A stiff CV joint, a gritty bearing or a bent axle can look OK when checked by hand a make a mess of the handling on track.
Everything moves freely and falls under it's own weight. New bearings fitted when I fitted the new axles, about 15 runs old now but new for the meeting where Nick drove the car and not a mark on them.
I gave the car a really good look over when I got it home hoping to find something like the above but it all looked fine.
Old 04-01-2011
Mad Member

Get a blue car, lol. Gayo can vouch for the change of speed from the moment i switched back to the belt car
Old 04-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm not ready to move from under the big red K just yet mate. Tamiya seems to suit you well though.
Old 04-01-2011
Mad Member

I know I'm just winding you up... This just sounds like my old ZX5 when I ran it with the plastic chassis, I could never get the rear end to stick...