Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 22-10-2014

Default Making comeback

Use to race at Bury about 7 years ago but had a break due to having kids, planning on making my first meeting back at indoor 2nd November.

Still got my B4 which going to carry on with initially and brushless esc/motor etc.

But I'm going to need new batteries, I see it's all lipo now, seems to be so much choice. Can anyone recommend decent value lipo battery for club racing. I take it you need just 2 packs?

Also will need a new lipo charger, again what should I go for that isn't too expensive but not cheap rubbish?
Old 22-10-2014

Rob

I've just returned to the hobby, bought back in I got bought some Lipos from hobbyking. these are shorty packs not sure what fits your B4 if you use hobbyking use the UK warehouse tab (top left), these work out at £25 each, seem good i've not had any issues running out of power, reckon you get at least 20 mins out of a set. you'll need a lipo charger too i got the BMAX6 from hobbyking (£25-30) they do everything in $ when you shop with them just make sure its from the UK warehouse or you might get a VAT bill, i did on another order. paste the link into your browser.

i'm running a loss 22 2.0 with an orion 7.5T brushless motor and orion r10 pro speedo.

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking...rSearch=4600ma

Miles
Old 23-10-2014

Be aware that currently the Hobbyking lipos are not BRCA listed, which means if you wanted to enter BRCA sanctioned Meetings you'd need different batteries. There are reasonably priced options on the BRCA list.

No argument with the motor and ESC - Orion is good quality, and BRCA listed.
Old 23-10-2014

Insideline still have an offer on the Absima 4000 90c shorties at £40. Only 2 left though. And they also have an offer on the Orion advantage touch pro charger. Only £80. RRP over £200. Here's a link for the charger
http://insidelineracing.co.uk/inside...-pro-charger-p
Old 23-10-2014

Thanks for the advice, in the end gone for a couple of those Turnigys as not planning on doing any BRCA events for a while. Gone for this charger :

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/overland...roducts/379987

Looking forward to next week, got to strip this B4 down now and rebuild shocks etc as its not been touched for 7 years.