Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > YORCC - York

Old 22-08-2014

Default New guy looking for guidence

Hi there,

So I am ready to take the plunge and get a car ready to race, just a few questions.

What dates and times are the indoor races in York?

I am also interested in GT12 and wondered if I can use the same motor for each car, would I be competative.

For the Trucks, are there regular races or is it mainly buggies?

Thanks in advance.
Old 22-08-2014
oOple Advertiser

Hi

Dates are on the website but as a rule of thumb every Saturday apart from school holidays.
As for sharing a motor with a GT12 I couldn't really recommend it although it is possible. It would probably be more trouble than it's worth.
Trucks mainly run on specific truck nights but you would never be turned away from racing.
We have the Moss Models shop there every Saturday and always on hand to help.
Old 22-08-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy80 View Post
Hi there,

So I am ready to take the plunge and get a car ready to race, just a few questions.

What dates and times are the indoor races in York?

I am also interested in GT12 and wondered if I can use the same motor for each car, would I be competative.

For the Trucks, are there regular races or is it mainly buggies?

Thanks in advance.
GT12 uses a BRCA legal 13.5T motor. This spec is actually fine in buggies at York, but you'll be in the modified class from the off. Swapping and changing motors each meeting is the pain, you most likely end up getting two motors, but you could do it for starting, sure.
GT12 like to be setup and run, and making big changes like swapping motors will normally result in poor setup and handling each time you take it out. Some motors require the rear motorpod to be disassembles to get in and out on the Schumacher gt12. This won't do you any favours if starting out with GT12.

York runs a 17.5T stock buggy class for less power to encourage new racers. it is best to not over motor when starting at York.
I like my 13.5T in 2wd buggy at york. really controllable on the slippy sections and enough down the straight with a bit of boost.

I wouldn't bother with trucks if starting out. Like driving a canal barge, plus you can't use them every meeting.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 22-08-2014

Prefect thanks. I suppose the next logical question would be which buggy, motor, lipos and speed controller?
Old 22-08-2014
oOple Advertiser

That depends on a couple of things. 2WD or 4WD and budget. Also do you want second hand or new and what class (540, 17.5T or modified).
Let me know the answer to those questions and I can then advise the best options.
Old 22-08-2014

2 or 4wd, I guess the easiest to maintain as I am new to it but not too worried, which has the most entrants?

Budget should be around 3-350 and not fussed if it is second hand although if it is new I guess I can learn how to build it which leads to being able to fix it?

Again, because I am new I assume 540 would be the best place to start.
Old 25-08-2014
YORCC legend

This should help: http://www.yorcc.org.uk/about/