Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 14-10-2011
Mad Member

It was a fullmoon!
Old 14-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
You say I wasn't observing driving standards and then have a go at me for pulling you up for swearing on stage? Isn't the whole way you conduct yourself while racing the point of observing?

By the way - the name's Dave.
I'm not sure what you are getting at there to be honest, as for you observing... yeah right, you might want to go to spec savers, as the advert says... the number of times Kyle and I and another two drivers (names unknown) were taken out repeatedly in the first round was appalling but that's racing and I understand that, as above I'm trying to get better but there is always room for improvement! Luckily Dave Rand stepped in for the second round and did an awesome job of overseeing and it was a well fought RACE.

Funny thing is I don't think this thread was started due to this heat in question and has been bubbling over for a number of weeks. It seems to happen in every heat and you learn to respect certain drivers and you also learn that certain drivers drive a particular way and you are going to have to look out for them when approaching especially lapping!!

@ Dave, I've apologised for my outburst and if I offended Luke or his father I will have a chat with them on Wednesday eve as for everybody elses outburst and hissy fits and running off to friends that they pit with and making sly little comments, unfortunately, this will never end..
Old 14-10-2011

No I didn't start the thread because of that heat at all.
I didn't mind being in the low heat the other week and to be honest I was TO vocal in lapping people in the first round, BUT and a big But the 2nd and 3rd rounds where great yes I did do lots of overtaking, and it was easy, you no what the difference was yep I didn't say lapping until I had been behind them for a corner or so. And in which case most of the time they had already moved of line and didn't need to say anything anyway
I really think it's not the low heats or even the top heat it's us lot in the middle, and it's all down to lack of race craft and arrogance, and penalties not being issued which inforces the rules.
In the eary 90's when I used to race here we got round the problem by all my racing mates running 2wd lol you can't stuff a 2wd down the inside and get away with it lol.

Grid starts would be nice to try
Old 14-10-2011

Calm.

At the end of the day we are all suposedly like minded people who enjoy model car racing.

Everyone should respect everbody else.

no one should be causing grief to anybody else.

We all want the same thing, some people are saying that they are not that bothers about the racing, ok then why would they want to hold up someone that is?

Rule no1 NO CONTACT
Old 14-10-2011
Mad Member

I would like to put this sujestion forward to all commitee members and to have a club hands up vote at a forth coming meeting.

here it is

FTQ format
Grid starts (results from previose week)

stu
Old 14-10-2011
Mad Member

I am still baffeled to as why I was told off alot by a committee ( unelected ) member for taking someone out in a tit for tat crashing incident ! Then another committee member posts on here that he does the same!
Old 15-10-2011
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Speaking as an outsider looking in...

seems to me that most of the problems are caused by your race format.
I'll butt out now.
Old 15-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Speaking as an outsider looking in...

seems to me that most of the problems are caused by you race format.
I'll butt out now.
hi col

this is a very intresting comment and we all thank you for i totaly agree with you.

we did try some format changes in the past and in my oppinon it was cleaner racing but unfortuantly IMO it was decided that the original format was to be the one to use. it just needs tweaking to get the best compromise. this is my oppinon.

thanks col
Old 18-10-2011
Mad Member

Beef resolved
Cheers dave
Old 18-10-2011
Mad Member

No problem Scott. See you soon.
Old 19-10-2011

Send a message via MSN to gddevey1012 Send a message via Skype™ to gddevey1012

I personally believe that an AGM at the hall would soon sort all of these issues out.

Under BRCA regs if over 25% of the member base wish a meeting to be held then the committiee is duty bound to arrange this.

so maybe get a members letter to the committiee together and all that want some format changes and some discussion as to the best way for the club to move forward sign it this way we will see if its a minority that want change or more.

BTW just for the record i do believe that the committiee of FORCC do a top job i for one am just sick of the public bashing that seems to happen on this forum ITS NOT GOOD FOR THE CLUB as a whole.

Gareth

Proud Member of the Xtreme-Rc Race team

Old 19-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gddevey1012 View Post
I personally believe that an AGM at the hall would soon sort all of these issues out.

Under BRCA regs if over 25% of the member base wish a meeting to be held then the committiee is duty bound to arrange this.

so maybe get a members letter to the committiee together and all that want some format changes and some discussion as to the best way for the club to move forward sign it this way we will see if its a minority that want change or more.

BTW just for the record i do believe that the committiee of FORCC do a top job i for one am just sick of the public bashing that seems to happen on this forum ITS NOT GOOD FOR THE CLUB as a whole.

Gareth
To be fair i don't think there is any bashing, the whole thread is trying to improve things.

what you posted was like reading out the riot act!
Old 19-10-2011

Lol the only bashing going on is on the track NOT here!!
Old 19-10-2011

Send a message via MSN to gddevey1012 Send a message via Skype™ to gddevey1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkclifford View Post
To be fair i don't think there is any bashing, the whole thread is trying to improve things.

what you posted was like reading out the riot act!
not riot act but not everyone is clear on there entitlement as club members (and this goes for any club)

Reading back through this post is people making suggestions and no one answering the suggestions officially

Gareth

Proud Member of the Xtreme-Rc Race team