Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 19-10-2023

Default Tamiya 414M2 TRF

Hi all,
A bit of a back ground on this. I’ve been into this hobby on and off for double figures! And in that time I’ve had a fair amount of TRF models, and on my journey I was lucky enough to have owned a 414 M2. I had this pretty early in my journey and loved every second however life took over and it was stuck in a cupboard and literally forgotten about.
I’m now at a crossroads to either sell it or self queen it, display box, full re-build etc etc you get the picture. The display thing does appeal to me but the idea that it’s on display itself does trouble me as it could be in someone else’s collection.
So where is this going?…. Is being sold or kept?… I’m sure people have had a similar situation and I’m keen to hear about there experiences, good or bad.

Regards,
T.
Old 19-10-2023
Mad Member

If I was you I wouldn't have a problem with putting it up for display.. The TRF414's are not used at tracks even in retro races you will mainly find the TRF415 used.

Its a beautiful chassis, its worth putting it up for display as opposed to hidden in a cupboard.
Old 19-10-2023

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I get what your saying however it will be the only one I have on display as it’s the only TRF I grew fond of, and on the other hand it would or possibly complete someone else’s collection. What to do what to do…….
Old 20-12-2023

Unfortunately home improvements have taken precedence so the Tamiya TRF 414 M2 will be up for sale shortly. In due time I will set out pictures and a general run down of the car, I will then post in the for sale section.

Regards.