Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 26-09-2017

Default 1/10 touring car, servo orientation

Hi all, i'm currently looking at buying my way back into rc touring cars.
I'm curious to what the gains of having the servo mounted in the 2 different ways, those ways being.
-the servo horn pointing at the centre of the car
-the servo horn pointing at the front wheels of the car

i'm currently looking at a team associated tc6.1 and the servo is mounting facing into the centre of the car, also looking at a xray t4 and it is pointing at the front wheels of the car.
Thanks guys and girls.
Old 26-09-2017

No techie, but from what I remember the main change was notably due to Ackerman and the throw of the steering arm. The horizontal arm (X-ray T4 for your example) meant the steering throw was pushed and pulled in a linear sweep and that apparently translated into smoother control, especially through long sweeping corners.

Electronic space saving due to servo case orientation helped for motor gearing when a huge juicy pinion was needed for stock classes.
Old 26-09-2017

Thanks for the answer. Just commited to buying a tc6.1 for the indoor series, it's my first car back after a 3 year gap, last car was a 2011 t3.
Will change car if I decide I prefer touring more than my current buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveonamission View Post
No techie, but from what I remember the main change was notably due to Ackerman and the throw of the steering arm. The horizontal arm (X-ray T4 for your example) meant the steering throw was pushed and pulled in a linear sweep and that apparently translated into smoother control, especially through long sweeping corners.

Electronic space saving due to servo case orientation helped for motor gearing when a huge juicy pinion was needed for stock classes.
Old 26-09-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie5974 View Post
Thanks for the answer. Just commited to buying a tc6.1 for the indoor series, it's my first car back after a 3 year gap, last car was a 2011 t3.
Will change car if I decide I prefer touring more than my current buggy

Personally, it's not a deal breaker. Most of the changes nowadays are 'alternative' for added marketing hype.

Good luck with it, hope you enjoy.