Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 29-12-2007
Mad Member

How good would it be to have a one make/model race i.e The Uk durga championships.

Something like that could really take off and proove that you dont need to spend vast fortunes to make a competitive car.

RC18T
Lunchbox Gold
X-6 squared
Lrp, Novak, Robitronic, Ko Propo, Ezrun , Trakpower ,Team Scream, Demon, Microtech, Dms, Good old Jezza, Je-Spares, Bolton Model Mart,

My Feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25199
Old 29-12-2007
Mad Member

Just a tip, if your using the TI screw kit, the screws that fit over the layshaft/slipper, wont fit very well, the heads seem to go in at an angle due to the molding.
Id go with the STD kit screws here as your going into alloy anyways and no worries on stripping heads.
This is the Tamiya screw kit BTW!

lee
Old 29-12-2007
Mad Member

The review was cool, the paint job fantastic and am I glad this site exists. After a 10-year break from racing it is just the thing to get up to speed on things

One thing does spring to mind though... Assuming you get the DB01 (can't bring myself to use the name...) and the mandatory hopups (one-way, slipper, screw-kit, shocks, shock towers, CVD's etc.) the car is not actually that cheap anymore... Without doubt the car looks good and probably goes well with some transmitter skill, but in comparison will cost as much as a B44 or similar. Back when I was still racing the Top Force or Manta Ray was sort of similar. Competitive after a lot of money had been thrown at it...

I don't want to be too negative and I really like the look of the car! I'm just skeptical whether it really will end up being that much cheaper to run than a any other car that comes out of the box with all the bling.
Old 29-12-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Quote:
(can't bring myself to use the name...)
doo ittt, say it, burrgaaa, burrgaaa. oh damn, durgaaaa
Old 29-12-2007
Mad Member

DD..DD..DDuuurgh...Durrk...DDuurrrgghhhaaaarrr Hot damn I've forgotten what it's called now...

Seriously way too Team America for me

Pronounced properly sounds like there ought to be half a kebab flying your way from the person saying it...
Old 31-12-2007
Administrator

BURGA!

seriously though - the car is great from the box, which I hope I showed in the review by racing it twice.

It won't be that cheap if you hop it up all the way - but I don't think its either mandatory or a bad thing. If you want to race at the top level then you have to pay the money I'm afraid.
Old 04-01-2008

Another top notch review Jimmy well done. Love the way the Durga looks. I might have to dig into the kitty...
Old 05-01-2008

Great review, Jimmy. It's always hard not to hop up a car while you're doing the build, but I'm glad you raced it box stock for most of those 2 races.