Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 17-03-2014

Question 4wd buggy choice

Hi there all.

After taking some time out of the sport, its time for me to return. I've got my eye on the 22-4 but it sounds like a breaker from what i saw on here.

any thoughts on what i should go for?

cheers..

Keeping fast motors reving hard.

signed...migsy

racing made better by Losi, Team Xtreme, HPI BAJA 5B. novak, castle creations, trak-power lipos bantam B6 and my SMR nicely done by huski sport uk. local club: Cwmaman RC Jammers.

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.
Old 17-03-2014

Go and ask the people that the track as they will know what's best for that track.
Old 27-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by migsy View Post
Hi there all.

After taking some time out of the sport, its time for me to return. I've got my eye on the 22-4 but it sounds like a breaker from what i saw on here.

any thoughts on what i should go for?

cheers..
Its a good easy car to drive. Just really hard to find Front arms for it.

Best suggestion, is to see what brands your local hobby shop supports and part availability. No sense buying a car you can't get parts for. In addition, I would talk to the drivers at your local track and see which drivers are friendly and willing to help. If I had a choice of 2-3 brands, I would choose the brand I can get the most support via setup and information at the track. I seen too many new drivers choose a car that the local fast guy wins week after week, but the fast guy doesn't share setup or information, leaving the people who bought that brand to struggle with setup. You will be further ahead, getting assistance with guys who are relatively fast or up there, who share information than a guy who wins and doesn't.
Old 12-05-2014

Look into a Tamiya 503. I have owned and driven a RC Product Designs Tc3 O V1 and V2, B44, .1.2 , Tamiya 501x, Losi xx4, 22-4 and now a Tamiya 503.

The Tamiya 501 and 503 have been the best ever. Build quality and reliability are number one.
Old 12-05-2014

I'd go for a Xray XB4.

I've never owned or raced one but every club/regional level driver I see seems to go quicker with one of those than any other brand.
Old 12-05-2014
Mad Member

Everyone appears to favour the car they own and drive ... often a poll gives the best indication.

So, throwing my hat into the ring, having raced in the past 5 years Tamiya, Durango, Kyosho ..

.. the best 4wd out there is the Schumacher K1 ..

......... high quality, strong, easy to drive, and fast. I couldn't ask for anymore from a car.

But its the car I have and drive, so read into that what you will.
Old 12-05-2014
Mad Member

Yokomo Bmax 4III looks a decent car, fancy one myself, but its a bit costly for me atm.
Associated B44.2 - its the world Champ car easy to get setups and advice, easy to drive and loads of hopups for added bling and a good price
Old 12-05-2014
Mad Member

I'd vote for a k1 also , i had one when they first came out , had it a week and did'nt like it , bought a 2nd had durango 410 off here and loved it , bought a xb4 as pretty much everyone at my club was running one , loved it but found it a bit bland ( i'm sure ill get shot down now !!) but further improved after having it almost a year , 3 months ago i bought another k1 on a bit of a whim , and absolutly love it , i think ive improved again since having it , i'm not selling this one for a while yet
Old 12-05-2014

As I race this it's obviously biased however the Xray XB4 is a solid car built from quality material and can take some big hits, downside is that the wishbones are dearer than other manufacturers however you'll break them less.
Old 23-05-2014

I hear a lot of good things about the K1 which quite a few people at our club race. That's my unbiased contribution as a non 4WD racer.