Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 15-04-2012

Default Battery advice please

Hi, I have a Lazer zx-5 car which i love. it has a hobbyking brushless motor and speed ctrler etc on. the batteries i got with it are 25c 7.4v(2 cell?) lipo. When i take car out it goes fast for a bit. then about half speed for a few secs. then stops. pauses then shoots off at full pelt. im not sure if its the vattery or charger? or car? dont think its the car. any ideas please?

also if need new battery and charger whats diff between 2 and 3 cell and any suggestions on a good battery and charger to get? i dont have as deep pockets as id like.

thanks
Old 17-04-2012
Mad Member

Sounds more like a problem with the motor or ESC than the battery. Perhaps the motor/esc is overheating, or perhaps (if it is a sensored system) the sensor wire is faulty or the sensors within the motor are dirty.

Most racers don't use the Hobbyking stuff so it is hard to give specific advice on it.

2 or 3 cells affects the voltage, the more cells the higher voltage and so more power. But most 1/10th buggies are designed for 2 cells, going to a higher voltage will put more load on the car which it doesn't need - you can make a buggy uncontrollably fast on 2 cells.

There are lots of chargers, most of the cheaper ones are very similar. I would buy from a local model shop because then you will get more backup if there is a problem. Places like Hobbyking may look tempting on the prices but if it goes wrong you will have zero support.
Old 17-04-2012

Make sure none of the power leads are near the receiver and Aerial, that can effect the signal.