Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 30-04-2010

Ads,

The project looks to have come on a long way, version 3 looks very tidy!

I was thinking about a TC design similar to this, but i don't have the ability to get any of it on to a computer and all my crayolas have all gone missing...anyway...

To keep the weight as central as possible have you thought about using LiPo saddle packs? You could butt these up together under the top deck right in front of the motor. If you place them west to east (as opposed to north to south - does that make sense??) on the chassis you would save a little room and should be able to get your electronics in.

This is what i would have loved to do, but time, money and capability are sadly all lacking

Did the STCC test go ahead? How did it go if you don't ind me asking?

Look forward to seeing more...
Old 30-04-2010

You mean a bit like this?

I decided that as the batteries weigh so little the speedo and servo on the opposite side would ballance just about as well. Coupled with the fact that TC boys are allergic to saddles!

Version 3 never got tested. But I am happier with V4 anyway. It will have more even flex. With the added ability to adjust back and front flex separately.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red 009 Saddle.jpg (20.0 KB, 134 views)
Old 30-04-2010

Kind of like that mate, but i would keep the motor where you have it on the current versions, but place the cells (in the orientation you have them on that screen shot) and place them right in front of the motor and under the top deck/belt.

The cells are a hell of a lot lighter than NiMh granted, but still weigh in at 280grams plus, if you could keep them central i think that would save you having to use ballast to balance the car on the electronics side - it could then be used to tune the car as the driver needed...and forget being allergic to saddles, if it works better the TC boys will soon convert

Thats just my opinion though mate, if you have it working well for you though thats all that counts!

How close are you to settling on a version for use? Are you looking to sell a conversion kit or is this just a project for yourself?
Old 30-04-2010

I figured if I was going to use saddle I would take advantage of being able to get the motor exactly in the middle of the car. As it is because the battery is right under the top deck it will get within 5-10g of left to right balance with no weight.

I would be happy to do a kit if people were interested. I need to see if it works first. So far I really like using it. Although I haven't been to the track for ages.

I will have this version ready for testing in a week or so.
Old 30-04-2010

Like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red 009 Saddle2.jpg (19.1 KB, 118 views)
Old 30-04-2010

Sorry Adam,

I looked at your V3 picture harder and noticed that the cell was moved much more to the centre line of the car hence you only having to add 5 -10g to the leccy side.

Stick packs are predominatly used in TC so if you did go the conversion kit route it would make sense to stick to them.
Old 03-07-2010

Any more pictures ? looks good adam
Old 10-12-2010

This looks really cool, any more progress with it?