Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 08-10-2011

Default Lipo'd Macnum no fun!!

Well I never thought I'd be saying this but my Macnum is too fast for me to enjoy ! It's fitted with the Ansmann Xirius Race 10t running off an Overlander 3800 lipo but I can only use the 24t pinion on the hop-up motor mount. I've tried adjusting the diff but it just wheelspins and oversteers everywhere - I'm pretty sure I've got some grip left in the rear tyres! I suppose I just need to get used to a different style of driving brushless!
Old 08-10-2011
Mad Member

What are you driving on and with what tyres? What speedo have you got in the truck and dos it have different settings you could use?

It doesn't sound massively overpowered tbh unless you're trying to run it on 3s
Old 08-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

This is the thing i found with a blitz

Blitz was RTR, got it out of the box and had great fun, then thought hmm bit slow,so I put a brushless esc in and a 10.5 I had on the shelf, set on a soft profile......was a nightmare,couldn't even hold a straight line. It could have handled the power if I had fitted better tyres and done some work on the shocks, BUT I only want a bit of fun,and spend enough money on my race cars, so I shoved the rtr set up back in.

These rtr type kits are great to get people into the hobby in most cases, but if you can already drive, want speed and handleing, then you had better head for the more costly race versions with better shocks, tyres etc. As with the car you have, few years ago I had a losi xxxT,great to drive and was as fast round our track as my B4

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 08-10-2011

The speedo does have a tuning card so I'll play around with that. I used to race TC's at Wrexham years ago, just not used to the power off-road.