Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 04-05-2017

Default Proline wedge squared front tyres

Hi everyone,

Been given some of these (unused in packet) and I know it states they are carpet indoor tyres.

My question is am I wasting my time mounting these on new wheels and trying them on Astro tracks ?

I am trying to build a simple list of the tyres I will need for Astro track racing and the choice seems endless. Just need to know what will I need in the dry and in the wet.

Regs
Old 04-05-2017

Don't know about the prolines but if you race 2wd I 99% of the time only use Schumacher low profile cut staggers. Yellow in the dry and silver if it's wet or damp. Simple and this works for most tracks.
Old 04-05-2017

Cheers rick, and for rears?
Old 04-05-2017

Depends what track it is. The new mini darts, mini pins and mini spikes usually all work well on Astro.

Modelsport UK Race Team | Schumacher KC
Old 05-05-2017

I have tried these on astro and carpet, great if you have grip roll or over steer issues as they give far less bite compared to schumacher low profile cut staggers or even the normal cut staggers
Old 06-05-2017

Rears depend on track. In the wet or damp its balistic buggy greens or Schumacher darts silver. In the dry the new Schumacher darts in yellow work well and last well. They work most of the time if not Schumacher mini spikes in yellow. To give you an idea I race outdoor astro. Telford, Kidderminster and Coventry dry is Schumacher yellow cut staggers on the front and yellow darts on rear. But wet Coventry and Kidderminster silver rear darts work well but Telford requires rear balistic green mini spikes. Silver cut staggers front for all in the wet.
Old 10-05-2017

Thanks Rick, Schumacher darts ?
Old 12-05-2017
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swords View Post
I have tried these on astro and carpet, great if you have grip roll or over steer issues as they give far less bite compared to schumacher low profile cut staggers or even the normal cut staggers
That's a nice way of putting it. Another would be "keep them in the package as a collector's item".
Old 15-05-2017

Would have to agree with the majority, we tried these on our local carpet track against the club standard Schumacher cut staggers (yellow/low profile) and they couldn't match the lap times. This was tested on a wide variation of cars, from a Schumacher kc, tlr 3.0, AE B5M, PR V2 pro etc