Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 10-06-2017
Spends too long on oOple ...

Blimey, have a browse through those mags as im in quite a few fabiix ads.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 10-06-2017

December '91.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0002.jpg (923.1 KB, 79 views)
Old 10-06-2017

Mate, so many names Jerry Jones, Partridge, Gardiner, Leonard and who can forget possibly at that time the most successful carpet racer Craig Harris. He beat all of the A team of Kyosho in Blackwood if I recall with a Bosscat and Fabiix cells. He could drive a brick quicker than most so had a lot to do to get to his level. I raced against regularly all the names on that list, but I think I got the drive a little later on as he made a banner for one of my first few events using his cells and won the A and they added F and L to make F.L.Instone, very funny and it stuck.
Answer UK team driver

Last edited by Welshy40; 10-06-2017 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Mate, so many names Jerry Jones, Partridge, Gardiner, Leonard and who can forget possibly at that time the most successful carpet racer Craig Harris. He beat all of the A team of Kyosho in Blackwood if I recall with a Bosscat and Fabiix cells. He could drive a brick quicker than most so had a lot to do to get to his level. I raced against regularly all the names on that list, but I think I got the drive a little later on as he made a banner for one of my first few events using his cells and won the A and they added F and L to make F.L.Instone, very funny and it stuck.

Craig is still producing the goods after all these years .

This is the latest result from the WRCA 2017 off road series .

Rc10 Graphite ( unused )
Cobra
Team associated Rc10 x3
Schumacher Cougar x6
Schumacher Procat
Schumacher Topcat
Original Tamiya Hornet
Original Tamiya Lunchbox

Last edited by Rs fruitbat; 11-06-2017 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-06-2017

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs fruitbat View Post
Craig is still producing the goods after all these years .

This is the latest result from the WRCA 2017 off road series .

Afro is on the list!!! Superb, give Glynn my regards when you see him. Still loads of names still doing the league that I know and yes Craigs still got it.
Answer UK team driver
Old 12-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Afro is on the list!!! Superb, give Glynn my regards when you see him. Still loads of names still doing the league that I know and yes Craigs still got it.
Will do mate
Rc10 Graphite ( unused )
Cobra
Team associated Rc10 x3
Schumacher Cougar x6
Schumacher Procat
Schumacher Topcat
Original Tamiya Hornet
Original Tamiya Lunchbox
Old 30-06-2017

Just got my hands on a Demon Power modified motor. Is says: 'Quad Wind on the label'. Anyone know how many turns this is?
Old 30-06-2017

Unsure it should have a number next to it, like this example 12 quad or 12 double or 12 triple.
Answer UK team driver
Old 30-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag View Post
Just got my hands on a Demon Power modified motor. Is says: 'Quad Wind on the label'. Anyone know how many turns this is?
Have you got any pictures please? I have 3 of these (2 Demon Power - Red, and 1 Power King - Gold) and none have any wind info on the label i don't think. I have seen some very different label versions with a check background though, which might be something different to what i recall.
Old 01-07-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinglem View Post
Have you got any pictures please? I have 3 of these (2 Demon Power - Red, and 1 Power King - Gold) and none have any wind info on the label i don't think. I have seen some very different label versions with a check background though, which might be something different to what i recall.

Don't know if this can shed any light on the subject?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_3984.jpg (24.7 KB, 28 views)
Old 01-07-2017

I will have to try to dig out my 16 Triple Demon and check the label again. I can't really recall any winding info on it, but then it is all a little hazy. Anybody else got an example? I know my gold Power King (12 Double) has nothing.
Old 06-07-2017

Anyone know the specs of a 'Schumacher Pink Power' ?
Old 17-11-2017

I have a power king modified for sale on ebay pics included, label is a 4x12 if you take them apart you can count the winds to the com which is the 4 part I could almost count all 12 coils around the stator, make note of the timing, pull back the brushes and just 2 screws need to be removed to reveal the armature, i called the number on the motor and spoke to a very knowledgeable guy if you need more info give them a call.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332452342...84.m1558.l2649
Old 17-11-2017

I think pink power 16x2 gold nova14x2 red heat 19x2
Old 15-12-2017

Demon 27T Single standard, 16 Triple and a gold label 12 Double Power King. The very last well worn one is my original 'first motor purchase' 27T standard from bitd. Note the 16 Triple has the winding info on the label.
Old 12-03-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEVY View Post
I think pink power 16x2 gold nova14x2 red heat 19x2
Just had a look at a parts list:

Gold Nova 14x2
Pink Power 15x2
Red Heat 17x1
Old 12-03-2018

Think I have a few nice vintage motors now

Have a couple of other Demon motors and a Schumacher Pink Power installed somewhere...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20180312_025.jpg (314.8 KB, 35 views)
Old 22-04-2018

I have posted this up in a few other places, but just adding it here for completeness for the motor library.

Having pretty much finished my SG Coyote build I have been on the look out for an Italian 'Mustang' motor for it. I am sure not too many folks in the UK will have heard of these (I hadn't until I stared looking at the Coyote), but it seems they developed a fearsome reputation over in Italy in the mid to late 80's, being were customized/tuned by a chap by the name of Umberto Milanesi - dubbed as the Italian equivalent to Mike Reedy. I have been sent a race report from the '86 European Championships (A Final tech sheet below) which gives both Milanesi and Mustang a mention, and Coyote team driver Umberto Pernice qualified 2nd behind Phil Davies and ahead of Jamie Booth at the same event the following year, again using Mustang power in his Coyote. I finally got my hands on one, this being a 15 Triple. I would be very interested if anybody happens to have any more information on these motors. I have recently sourced a mobile phone number for Umberto Milanesi so I also hope to gather a little more information from him if I can. I haven't seen another example pop up so far...
Yokomo Works '91, RC10 Graphite Custom, TOP Models Hybrid, 2 x 870c, CAT XL, AYK Pro Radiant x3, Pb Maxima, SG Coyote Custom, Marui Samurai, Hot Trick/Trinity Optima, 2 x Mardave Meteors, Prototype Meteor, original Sand Scorcher.
Old 22-04-2018

Next up, a bit of a rarity. This is a Reedy BK Select 12 Double, a motor which has quite a story behind it.

I have hunted down quite a bit of information, which points to this having been almost released then prevented from being so due to Brian Kinwald defecting over to Losi/Trinity some 4 months after the '93 Basildon Worlds win. Basically Trinity threatened to sue Reedy, preventing any sales. The idea for this motor was conceived after his win and each unit was supposedly a direct replica of the spec he used to win the WC. Just as it was about to be released to the public Trinity stepped in and prevented them from going on sale, so they were rumoured to have been sent out to the team drivers and production ceased. I sourced this directly from our very own ex-team Reedy driver Jimmy Davis who backed up this story. He tells me he only ever raced it twice after the great man himself posted it over to him. I have since tracked down two others, both of which were also sourced from ex-Team Reedy drivers.

I have been informed that there were a couple of mag articles on this motor at the time over in the US detailing the internal brush and winding tweaks made to match the Kinwald spec, so if anybody has anything on this I would really appreciate seeing a copy. I would guess RCCA editions from late '93 into early '94 perhaps? If anybody knows more accurate info then I would love to have your input.

Either way it is a very rare and cool piece of RC history.
Yokomo Works '91, RC10 Graphite Custom, TOP Models Hybrid, 2 x 870c, CAT XL, AYK Pro Radiant x3, Pb Maxima, SG Coyote Custom, Marui Samurai, Hot Trick/Trinity Optima, 2 x Mardave Meteors, Prototype Meteor, original Sand Scorcher.
Old 22-04-2018

Wow, more rare than my motor. Nice find.
Answer UK team driver