Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-12-2011

Default Decisions Decisions.

Hi all. Coming back to RC at present. Been in and out of it for most my life - last time was in 07 when I had a Nitro Hyper ST and Savage. However bashing with yourself (no pun intended) isn't that much fun after a while, and having moved back to salford your Bury club is nice and close. I did make the trip last sunday but got caught out in the snow.

So, I currently have about £300 and have on ebay my Tamiya TL-01 4WD Skyline to put more funds on top towards a buggy. I looked at higher end ones like B44 and SX3 but they were proving too much to kit out.

Having read the forums for a while and looksed at some discussions I see a few run RC10's etc. So I have thought about an RTR between the RC10B4.1 or the Losi 22 (the spektrum is tempting and justifying the extra £80 with that one). So does anyone have any opinions on the Losi 22? I know the B4.1 must be decent enough for the cash if several people use them but the Losi is quite new.

Faling that, I have priced up and am the verge of a Schu Cougar S1 with a better motor and SC set up from LRP. It is all very affordable in my £400 budget.

So - can I have your opinions please? Would you advice just getting a B4.1, vs a Losi 22? Or, should I go that little bit more and build my own cougar with better elecrronics and another spektrum unit?

Thanks folks.