Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > West Bridgford Model Car Club

Old 22-11-2013

Location: Nottingham till I retire, then Caribbean or Palawan.
Default 22/11/2013 - Just wanted to say

GREAT racing everyone! Clubman was GREAT! So busy and challenging on track. Nice to see that Mardave schooling everyone too The most basic chassis on track and nearly the quickest.

Good showing from the plastic fantastic tourers as well Only a lap behind the F1s!

And thanks to Mark, Scott and Stuart for helping out with my missing kingpin I spent most of the final trying to figure out why the car wouldn't go straight... nor corner :-/ ... It kind felt like driving a flapping cod on wheels.

PS: Would someone with foams mind letting me borrow them for a few laps pls? Chris? Martin? The TL01 seems to be running great on the Sorex tyres but I am just curious to see what it would be like on foams
Old 23-11-2013

I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's racing. My first time at bridgford was great. I'll definitely be back with my mardave mini and maybe my vrxce too. Fantastic driving standards from everyone.
Old 23-11-2013

Yeah another fantastic Clumbman turnout... The 6 wheeler suffered some damage due to me not fitting a servo saver and poor driving again (rectified the saver now and ordered a new under bumper from honkers) shame I cant order some talent

Excellent fun I must admit.

Good show lads.

scott
Old 23-11-2013

i really enjoyed myself too, apologies must go out to gui who i had a bit of a tangle with on the streight and i was glad the brushless f1 got removed from our heat as it was somewhat un-sportsmanly to put that car against the others in the class. still good to see my tl01 very evenly matched with chris' ta01. i look forward to next week
Old 23-11-2013

I was pretty impressed with how well the TA01 went on its first time on track.

Your TL01 went very well too! I reckon your custom battery mounting position works wonders in terms of making it less twitchy. Seems WAY better than mine was before setting it up.
Old 23-11-2013
Mad Member

Here here, clubman last night represented what racing is all about

Good wheel-wheel racing and plenty of friendly banter on the rostrum.

Gui - you are welcome to borrow my foams for the first round as I will probably run Shamta Ray first and then breakout the TA01, which is a right hoot to drive.

bring on next week
Old 26-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56 View Post
Gui - you are welcome to borrow my foams for the first round as I will probably run Shamta Ray first and then breakout the TA01, which is a right hoot to drive
Cool ta I'm just wondering if they are like compared to the rubber tyres. The rubbers don't slide smoothly :-/