Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 04-01-2014

Default New track thoughts

Good nights racing last night. I thought the New track is brilliant. Only problem is cars dropping over onto the main straight. I was guilty fir one of the two incidents. I think whatever the track design there will always be a part of the track that ccauses this and with everyone running hot motors is always going to be a problem.
But from me thumbs up

2nd is 1st placed loser!!

Old 04-01-2014

Only seen a video, but the track looks good and fast. That would be my only concern though...the two straights running side by side

Do we have any pieces of track left over that we could double stack for those sections so the cars can't go over onto the opposite straight.

I'm hoping to be there next week to try it out for myself

Chris.....

Schumacher CAT K1
Schumacher Supastox
__________________________________________________ ________________

Well that was me...the guy you just lapped...again
Old 04-01-2014

Can't really comment on the track, I think only did about 15 laps of it the whole night.

Its clearly pretty fast, but not much too wrong with that.

The rango had a couple of teething problems, which wasn't surprising as it was pretty much the first time it had turned a wheel. The annoying thing was I forecasted the major problem I had, the stock plastic servo horn. Unfortunately I left the metal one I had bought on the side in the kitchen! Set-up didn't seem to be terrible out of the box, but hard to tell until the new foams bed in.

On the other side of the garage Ben's first run with my old B44 went very well. He drove great in the final. Do you think he will be upset if I take the car back!!!

Did you win the B matt?
Old 04-01-2014

The rango didn't look too bad from what I saw. Well done too your lad, he was well pleased, which is great to see.
In the "B" final I finished third I think, it was an amazing display of how not to drive :-)
The car wasn't too bad most of the night and Times look good so looks positive for a good run in the 2wd class this championship.

2nd is 1st placed loser!!