Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 15-12-2018

Default YZ2 - Ball diff alternatives??

I would like a ball diff for running in my YZ2. I don't fancy spending lots of money buying a Brand new one and there don't seem to be too many used ones around.

Are there any other manufacturer's ball diffs that would fit as an alternative? I'd be interested to know what people might have tried...

Thanks in advance
McT
Old 16-12-2018
Mad Member

I dont think any others will fit, may be wrong. In this case i would always buy new, a worn ball diff will could cost as much as a new one to fix

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 16-12-2018

I was put off ball diffs for a long time after running one in my KD. I was lucky if it lasted 2 meetings. Atrocious.

The YZ-2 ball diff is a revelation. I've done 5 meetings in a row with barely any adjustments. Get an original Yokomo diff, take your time building it, use the right lube and run it in properly. It'll last ages.
Old 16-12-2018
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just buy a new one. Yokomo ball diffs are the best around.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 17-12-2018

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the general consensus is that it's well worth investing in a nice shiny new one. Might have to wait to be a birthday present to myself in the new year.

Who do most of you guys go to for your Yokomo spares?? A quick Google doesn't turn up much in the UK, i've had a look on the DMS racing and MB models online shops and both have quite a good selection of Yokomo spares but I can't find a ball diff listed on either.

Also does anybody know what's happened to the Lee Martin Racing Web shop? It's coming up as closed these days.
Old 17-12-2018
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_McT View Post
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the general consensus is that it's well worth investing in a nice shiny new one. Might have to wait to be a birthday present to myself in the new year.

Who do most of you guys go to for your Yokomo spares?? A quick Google doesn't turn up much in the UK, i've had a look on the DMS racing and MB models online shops and both have quite a good selection of Yokomo spares but I can't find a ball diff listed on either.

Also does anybody know what's happened to the Lee Martin Racing Web shop? It's coming up as closed these days.

https://www.rccarshop.co.uk/spares/y...erential-kit-p

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 17-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_McT View Post

Nemo Racing are the new Yokomo distributor for the UK.
Old 17-12-2018

That's perfect thanks. I obviously didn't search very well!
Old 17-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
Nemo Racing are the new Yokomo distributor for the UK.
Thanks for the info. I'll have a browse on the website.