Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 01-03-2016

Default RZ6 conversion kit coming soon

The RZ6 conversion kit is coming soon and available to pre-order on the link below

The kit will include everything needed to convert your RB6 buggy into the RZ6 forward motor car as raced by Jared Tebo at the Worlds in Japan last year

http://www.pbmracing.co.uk/products/...on-Kit-UMW730/

Team Associated B6.1

Kyosho RZ7

Kyosho ZX7

All kept going by PBM Racing
Old 01-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaungooner View Post
The RZ6 conversion kit is coming soon and available to pre-order on the link below

The kit will include everything needed to convert your RB6 buggy into the RZ6 forward motor car as raced by Jared Tebo at the Worlds in Japan last year

http://www.pbmracing.co.uk/products/...on-Kit-UMW730/
Is that the confirmed RRP?
Old 01-03-2016
Mad Member

A conversion kit, for 280 holes, thanks Kyosho, i needed a chuckle this evening!

Lee
Old 01-03-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It's like 2012 all over again
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-03-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
It's like 2012 all over again
or 2013: http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost...86&postcount=1
take your pick.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-03-2016
Mad Member

Haha, too true Neal, we just went back in time!

Lee
Old 01-03-2016

......still the best layout for high traction though... Bit of a joke for that price, should be a full kit.
Old 01-03-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntH View Post
......still the best layout for high traction though... Bit of a joke for that price, should be a full kit.
Did it win the worlds? Has it won an EOS round? Has it won a recent UK national, or any other significant carpet/astro race?

If it was the best, it would have won or would be continuing to win current races. The Worlds was an oddity, and speaking with drivers that were there, it was nothing like the sort of high traction we run here in the UK.

I recall Tebo being interviewed on liverc about it at the Worlds, and he was very indifferent (read not happy) about the new Kyosho motor forward chassis, so reverted back to the car he had been testing with on a private carpet track, and had to choose the one he was going to run/stick with. He didn't seem happy with either chassis TBH.

I'm sure a few will be sold though, whatever the price.
Old 02-03-2016

It is a comprehensive conversion kit, one that allows you to convert an existing rb6 to a rz6, without having to rob parts of your zx6 (if you have one), and it does come with some nice to have parts (in the law 50 gear diff) that on their own are very expensive. Although it is (ludicrously) expensive for a conversion kit, it still is better value than the db2 based on what is included and uses parts of the current 4wd so better for your pit box too.
So yes, it will sell to the existing fanBase, like the db1 and db2 have.(very unlikely it will draw new people to the brand).
I personally don't really get on with the type of car on anything other that really high grip,I also think that the lay down transmission cars are a lot more versatile and don't really give that much away (if anything) on very high bite.
So it is unlikely that I'll be getting one, (I'll wait for the lay down car and make do with what I've already got).I don't like having to have multiple 2wd cars to suit different tracks and improving my driving skill is going to give me more than a faster car.
My main disappointment with this is that it seems a bit like a last minute panic move to launch a faster high grip car, to satisfy the need/desire of some markets, but still took 6 months after the worlds and for the UK it's coming in a little late for the outdoor season (time to get used to a new car before hitting the track on regionals/nationals), and after all this time the result is a conversion kit, not a car...
No doubt it will sell, and in the hands of fast drivers, it'll do well though.
Old 02-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Did it win the worlds? Has it won an EOS round? Has it won a recent UK national, or any other significant carpet/astro race?

If it was the best, it would have won or would be continuing to win current races. The Worlds was an oddity, and speaking with drivers that were there, it was nothing like the sort of high traction we run here in the UK.

I recall Tebo being interviewed on liverc about it at the Worlds, and he was very indifferent (read not happy) about the new Kyosho motor forward chassis, so reverted back to the car he had been testing with on a private carpet track, and had to choose the one he was going to run/stick with. He didn't seem happy with either chassis TBH.

I'm sure a few will be sold though, whatever the price.
Just my opinion on the physics of the layouts. It has the lowest levels of longitudinal powertrain inertia reaction.
Old 02-03-2016

It is quite expensive but Kyosho quality is second to none. When you work out how many conversions/versions some of the other manufacturers have had in the time the RB6 has been out it actually works out to be pretty good value!
Old 02-03-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperstrada View Post
It is quite expensive but Kyosho quality is second to none. When you work out how many conversions/versions some of the other manufacturers have had in the time the RB6 has been out it actually works out to be pretty good value!
Couldn't have said it better myself Mark :

Neil.... The car Tebo ran at the worlds was a prototype car.. So not available to anyone else to run so you can't really say that's it's not won races or appeared at eos etc... Even at those races Kyosho haven't really had any of there top drivers there? The car is quite abit different to db2 etc anyway, ally chassis no top decks...

Your a die hard yokomo fan anyway and I can tell your jealous
Old 03-03-2016
Mad Member

Lovers and haters

Its the car Tebo TQ the worlds with and finished second overall.
The only reason its been released is due to demand from customers.

If its not your cup of tea go on your own thread and bang on about how good you car is and where it finished at the worlds ;-)

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 03-03-2016
Mad Member

I wouldnt say "haters" entirely Neil, its a seriously cool little weapon, and im 100% it would be epic at my club too, for me im just a bit taken back with the way they have tried to market it, not as a full kit, but a very overpriced option, albeit, very cool and high in quality.
Hey, ill maybe sit back and wait till they get discounted like most other Kyosho kits, then I may be tempted to bag an RB6 too, and dip a toe in, bet it will be rapid.
Looking forward to seeing some built and raced though

lee
Old 03-03-2016
Mad Member

regardless of quality that's an expensive conversion
Old 03-03-2016
Mad Member

I will Rephrase then.

Lovers and Dislikers lol!!!

Its funny the diggers on here though.
You can't moan about Kyosho Quality or performance so its easy to moan about price!!!
I don't think any brand has cheap cars, great quality and performance.
you cant really get a perfect balance of the 3. Any product out of Japan is not going to be cheap sorry to say. Kyosho been going for 50 years plus and its always been the same situation, get over it please! its getting boring.
And as i say this thread is for kyosho lovers not dislikers so move along please!
If you don't like price buy something cheap and tell everyone about how good it is on the relevant thread.

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 03-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Skull View Post
I will Rephrase then.

Lovers and Dislikers lol!!!

Its funny the diggers on here though.
You can't moan about Kyosho Quality or performance so its easy to moan about price!!!
I don't think any brand has cheap cars, great quality and performance.
you cant really get a perfect balance of the 3. Any product out of Japan is not going to be cheap sorry to say. Kyosho been going for 50 years plus and its always been the same situation, get over it please! its getting boring.
And as i say this thread is for kyosho lovers not dislikers so move along please!
If you don't like price buy something cheap and tell everyone about how good it is on the relevant thread.
I always thought the spirit of oople was an open discussion on topics, both sides of the debate. You seem to be trying to censor the thread. Just to be clear, Kyosho don't run this forum or thread and I'll post what I want as long as it's not offensive. I actually like the car, just think it's a bit pricey.
Old 03-03-2016
Mad Member

Im not aimed at you specifically.
its just normal trash talk i get tired of about price of Kyosho.
Its like me i ride a cheap £120 mountain bike, done thousands of miles on it, it does what i want although gear changes are not good. But then why would i go onto Orange or Specilazed forum saying how expensive all those bikes are compared to my cheapy, I just don't see the point other than to cause some arguments!
Lets be positive! not negative we all got a price and quality we expect and are willing to pay for. so go promote your fav brand in a positive way.
I have been answering the same argument about Kyosho price for 10 years its tiring.
Peace and Love!

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 03-03-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntH View Post
I always thought the spirit of oople was an open discussion on topics, both sides of the debate. You seem to be trying to censor the thread. Just to be clear, Kyosho don't run this forum or thread and I'll post what I want as long as it's not offensive. I actually like the car, just think it's a bit pricey.
How very apt! And i agree, I wont be told to move on, or be censored by any fanboy, its just interesting, and a little bit odd they chose this route and pricepoint, a £600 2wd buggy, times they are a changin' a great poet once said lol!

Lee
Old 03-03-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphee View Post
How very apt! And i agree, I wont be told to move on, or be censored by any fanboy, its just interesting, and a little bit odd they chose this route and pricepoint, a £600 2wd buggy, times they are a changin' a great poet once said lol!

Lee
You say it's pricey but consider this, back in 2006 Atomic carbon released the S4 which carried a price tag of £700 and people bought them because they were a no compromise kit, much the same as the RZ6 is likely to be.

When the Durango 410 was released at the back end of 2009 that was £450+ for a 4wd car.

Remember when the RB6 first came out i think it was one of the first 2wd cars to break the £300 threshold and no-one complained, as that price is now considered the norm for a car.

lets not forget about the cost of X-Factory and Vega conversions added to the original cost of a donor car the list just goes on.

As Insideline Models are doing the RB6 for £259 with the conversion it will cost a little over £500 not £600 as some have suggested.

I think it is a good thing that there will now be even more choice of cars available.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Last edited by tyreman; 03-03-2016 at 06:10 PM.