Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 05-04-2009

yes i know i should be oh holiday but i am sat waiting for the train so thought i would check out the forums while i was here.

Please can we have the editable setup sheet made avalibale somewher please.

Cheers

Richard
Old 05-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn0 View Post
here you have regarding FS setup during Players
Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 FS - Fabs- Players'09 - Worksop - 27-29.03.2009

Roger: let me know what to add-remove to get a setup sheet for the FS
Arno, can we have the option for a king pin ball-stud, option for rear upright/hub type & cell position.

Also can we have it in something like a JPG small enough to be able to post directly up on here please?

I'll let you know what I was running today on grass, car was mighty!
Old 05-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

In the absence of an editable set-up sheet I can post here please see the text below;

Ledbury pre-regional, won the main final and qualified well in first session, TQ'd second session and won final after a horror start that left me last, car very confident and could be pushed really hard!

High grip grass and a mix of packed and loose sandy dirt sections .... rough in places, really rough in others. Some good jumps and a couple of tricky sections.

Front end

Shocks: 35wt AE oil, 2C pistons, #70 Silver springs (1.5 coils removed)
mid on tower, mid on wishbone, ride hieght:- shafts just below level

Links:-shortest possible, 0mm bulkhead, 2mm outer, -1.5deg camber

10deg castor blocks, no spacer between front hingepin mount and gearbox

1mm ARB

Steering; all as per kit other than 0.5deg toe in, black short ball stud on knuckles to reduce bumpsteer

Rear

Shocks: 25wt AE oil, 2B pistons, #68 blue springs
mid on tower, in on wishbone, ride hieght:- shafts level

Links:-outer on hub - mid on bulkhead, 2mm bulkhead, 2mm outer, -1.5deg camber

1.2mm ARB

#4 spacer under forward hingepin mount, #1 spacer under rear
SP width @hingepin mounts and black driveshafts
(will change to FS width when parts available to do so as I feel the car would benefit from the rised roll centres)

Cells forward (E-Power 4500 NiMh)
Wing low, mid angle

Novak 6.5L geared 23 against kit spur

Tyres: Ballistic Buggy green mini spikes when grass slightly damp (good on the loose dirt, less so on the packed surfaces). Schumacher yellow mini spikes when fully dry. Both sets of tires in very shape but not brand new, both sets with the outer row cut from the front tires.

Now here is the suprise ....... front one-way!

Woody is right, on this car you car practically swap between the one-way diff and a true diff whilst changing nothing else on the set up, never came across another car able to do that.

I ran most of the day on a diff then the track was changed to one that needed a more point and squirt style and Brian Preddy suggested a change to a one-way. The major benefit was that the jump sections didn't flow and the one-way would allow you to roll forward easier if the car landed nose down were as the diff unsettled the car. Earlier in the day when the jumps flowed I ran the diff to benefit from the extra brakes.

Last edited by RogerM; 07-04-2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Forgot to list tires and cell type
Old 17-04-2009

Roger just looking at your setup up for ledbury and noticed that on the rear hub carriers there are three options top middle and bottom. Yet on the hub carriers fitted to my fs that come with the kit i only have one hole.

Maybe i am missing somthing
Old 17-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Griffiths View Post
Roger just looking at your setup up for ledbury and noticed that on the rear hub carriers there are three options top middle and bottom. Yet on the hub carriers fitted to my fs that come with the kit i only have one hole.

Maybe i am missing somthing
The original ZX5 had 3 holes on the hub carriers for ride height adjustment. The new hubs on the SP's and FS's have one hinge pin hole. The SP came with LA252 hubs that have one hole (the middle hole on the original hubs) and the FS comes with UM519 hubs (same as the top hole on the original hubs). You can use either hub on the cars depending on how you want to set up ride height and/or roll center.
Old 17-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
#4 spacer under forward hingepin mount, #1 spacer under rear
SP width @hingepin mounts and black driveshafts
(will change to FS width when parts available to do so as I feel the car would benefit from the rised roll centres)
Roger, have you info on whats different between the hingepin mounts on the SP and the LA271 mounts that the FS kit comes with? I've never heard of any change there (except the part #) The SP mounts come with the bulkheads....LA209 or LA210, and on the FS the bulkheads were changed (dropping the diffs lower in the chassis) so maybe its just a part # change?

The FS also comes with the RB5 midarm hubs, UM519 and the UM510 driveshaft set (shiny 62.5mm standard RB5 ones, which are 2mm longer than the black SP shafts). I'm thinking that if anything, the FS hingepin mounts would have to widen the car some to avoid any issues with the longer bones plunging too deep into the outdrives. If thats the case, then you might be able to adjust for that with the LAW36 and LAW37 aluminum mounts (which just about anyone that converted their SP to an FS is probably running already) using the correct inserts.

And you said something about the roll center change with these, so are you thinking that these mounts have the hinge pin height altered to change the roll center?

I'll have to look into that this weekend and maybe pick at Joe Pillars and see if he knows any details about this.
Old 21-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The hinge pin mounts are approx 2mm further apart between centres on the FS, hence the 62.5 mm driveshafts.

Yes there is enough adjustment with the LAW36/37 mounts, that is what I am using .... but only just enough

The new bulkheads are part numbers LA262 and LA263
Old 21-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
The hinge pin mounts are approx 2mm further apart between centres on the FS, hence the 62.5 mm driveshafts.

Yes there is enough adjustment with the LAW36/37 mounts, that is what I am using .... but only just enough

The new bulkheads are part numbers LA262 and LA263

Thats what I thought. In fact over the weekend, I was racing with another Kyosho driver out here and his FS had different inserts in his LAW36/37 mounts. I believe his rear inserts were "B" instead of the standard "C". He wasnt sure what his front insert was (Chukuba, one of the Japanese r&d guy told him to "put these in", so he did)
Old 07-05-2009
Mad Member

Hi all,

Here's a link to the very first editable setup sheet for the ZX5-FS.

There might be a slightly updated version soon.

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/...azerZX5FS.html

Fab
Old 07-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've been over checking these for Arno and that looks like the final version. Cracking job he's done too!
Old 07-05-2009
Mad Member

You're right I hadn't checked but the fields have been updated now.
Old 07-05-2009

Great job guys very nice

Cheers and thanks again
Old 11-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'll send you a couple of completed ones if you send me an e-mail addy Rich, too big to post directly to this forum
Old 19-05-2009

Default Lipo

Hi all,

I Know that it must be difficult, but... has anybody a zx5 FS setup for Lipo?

Thanks
Old 19-05-2009

zaskar Are you currently running lipos in you FS

If you are i have a few questions for you.

What lipos are you running.

How much weight did you have to add to make it legal

Did you have to modify the chassi to get the lipos to fit.

Cheers

Rich
Old 19-05-2009

Hi,

First, sorry for my english, i only have ran the car one time with Lipo, it was a first test. The Lipo are Intellect 4200 30C and yes, i have to modify the chasis. The car with this cells weighs 1580 gr.
what is the addicional weigh we need to run the car with Lipo and have a good balance?¿?¿? i supose that is the question... today, i don't know
Old 20-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'd love to help mate but on this occassion I can not, I have no access to LiPos to do any trials with. Sorry

If it's any help Richard is asking because his car was massively under wieght (something like 100g) with his track power 3200s in.
Also to give you a guide my set-ups are based on a car weight of around 1700g so about 200g over the minimum weight limit as I use NiMh.

If you find an answer / good set-up balance then pleae let us know.
Old 20-05-2009
Mad Member

Guess the easy way is to add a piece of brass or lead under the battery to equal the nimh cell weight, then use a standard setup. The ideal is to put the weight in the car to help the balance/control, possibly softer springs/oil. Perhaps look at the X6, B44, D4 forums to see how drivers are adjusting these cars.

Roger, looks like google doc's are allowing the upload/sharing of pdf's now, worth a look ?
Old 07-08-2009
Mad Member

For those who still run the car.

My setup for the ZX5-FS from Stotfold is now on Petit RC.

After a little help from Mick Cragg the car feels its best ever, 1s per lap faster than it was before whilst easier to drive.
Old 28-09-2009
Mad Member

Default My setup from Southport..

Its nearly there.. have a few more things to try, but this aint far off.. well for me anyway

http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/RCSetUp...%2009%2009.pdf