Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > WRCA

Old 13-06-2011

Errr Dick Don has a point... why not add on a date to the end of the season ?

Yes i know the 'official' WRCA summer season is May - September, but lets face it, these days the first 2 weeks in October are pretty warm outdoors and i doubt it couldnt be more wet than our June has been ? Just bung one date on there, and maybe a Saturday or the August Bank Holiday for the other if we really have to ? Ok some of wont be able to do it, but it might be a compromise ?
Old 13-06-2011
Mad Member

I'm looking to do all the WRCA regionals this year to get an F grading ahead of next years nationals.

As such, I've planned my calendar around the dates already set. Sadly I'm away on holiday on the proposed date of 26/06/11.

I know it's nobodies fault the weather was bad, but re-organising it to a date which disadvantages anybody would not be fair. As Matt and Simon suggested, just tag a date onto the end of season where we can put the new date into our calendars with plenty of time.
Old 13-06-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

I may well be wrong, but I was under the belief that the 'electric 10th regionals' had to be completed by the F3's? I MAY BE WRONG
Old 13-06-2011

And the F3's would be the indoors I take it?
Old 13-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
I may well be wrong, but I was under the belief that the 'electric 10th regionals' had to be completed by the F3's? I MAY BE WRONG

Yeah i think you are Steve - its the rating from last year that counts towards this years F3s & F2s. And this years, to next years.

Plus, one of our rounds was already set for 2 weeks after the F3's & 2's anyway

I know we have worked our way to the dates set to get our F-Licences at the start of the season, but everyone should be ready for at least one cancellation per year Jamie and accept a re-date, even if it dosent suit us ?

Im going with Dick Dons suggestion for the re-schedules - one set on a Saturday sometime, and one at the end of the season, even if its the start of October.
Old 13-06-2011

The Saturday idea was the axeman's but am in agreement with that one, no reason why we could't race on Saturdays, opens up lots of possible dates.
Old 13-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just to clear up the BRCA thing for 10 th guys. If a round is rescheduled the counting rounds will be reduced by 1. So if we had 6 elect ric rounds with 4 to count then reschedule 2 rounds we end up with 2 to count from 6 I think or maybe 3 from 6?? I'll get my handbook out
Old 13-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
I know we have worked our way to the dates set to get our F-Licences at the start of the season, but everyone should be ready for at least one cancellation per year Jamie and accept a re-date, even if it dosent suit us ?
Trouble is Matt, i cant make the COBRA round at the mo due to being away with work, so that was going to be my 1 dropped round.

No worries tho, ill go with what ever the majority vote for.

After the ruling has been clarified by Craig, i think our options should be put to vote on here.
Old 15-06-2011

when would you like the session to end 31st of december perhaps
Old 15-06-2011

We normally run to the 50% plus 1 so if we drop rounds such as GNR and saundersfoot then the ELECTRIC REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP would consist of CALDICT COBRA TALYWAIN AND SWANSEA So as per the above you would be required to do 3 round to count for your license grade
Old 15-06-2011

Under Normal circumstances the chairman of the 1/0th section likes the electric regionals to be sorted by the end of august And then the end of season OUTDOOR finals for f2 and f3 are held in september however sometimes they run passed this suggested cut off date
Old 15-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hywel View Post
when would you like the session to end 31st of december perhaps

With respect H, no-one is suggesting we change the season for good or any future year for that matter - its just a possible answer to extend this season a couple of weeks or so, due to the two cancellations we have had, so we can fix them in and get some local racing in.

I cant see what problem that would cause ?
Old 15-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
With respect H, no-one is suggesting we change the season for good or any future year for that matter - its just a possible answer to extend this season a couple of weeks or so, due to the two cancellations we have had, so we can fix them in and get some local racing in.

I cant see what problem that would cause ?
HERE HERE!!

Just pick a date early October for gods sake,way too much faffing in general.
Old 15-06-2011

We are only looking to reschedule or cancel if required Saundersfoots Round

After a discussion with Paul Knight last evening He has stated that Gnr wont be holding a round this year

I was hoping Ian Ford would be able to run his round on 26th of this month thus sorting that problem However he has not confirmed this as yet
Old 15-06-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

I am hearing voices of future WRCA committee in this thread!!
Old 15-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I dont mind when it is as im only doing the nationals and it cant clash with those. Wasnt there 2 rounds last year after the F2's anyway ?
Are there many people planning on doing the F2's & F3's this year ? Held at Silverstone & Coventry respectively
Old 15-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belsten View Post
I dont mind when it is as im only doing the nationals and it cant clash with those. Wasnt there 2 rounds last year after the F2's anyway ?
Are there many people planning on doing the F2's & F3's this year ? Held at Silverstone & Coventry respectively
The ninja will be doing the junior at f2's and il try do the vets again
Old 15-06-2011

Quote:
Yup there was Dave

Quote:
Yes, i want to do the F3's at Coventry, got my entry form already filled out
Old 20-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hywel View Post
I was hoping Ian Ford would be able to run his round on 26th of this month thus sorting that problem However he has not confirmed this as yet
Any update on this yet H ? I presume it wont be on this coming weekend now at the very least ?
Old 21-06-2011

Can we just have confirmation as to wether its on or off??????????
I hope racers from other regions are not reading this because quite frankly all this indecision is bloody embarassing