Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Old 03-12-2014

Default Newbie

Hi, as the title says I'm a newbie to off road buggies but I am thinking of treating myself for Christmas.

From reading the forum it seems membership is yearly so little point me joining the club until the new year, but in the mean time, is the track open at weekends other than race weekends where I could come down and see the track and possibly quiz those there on the type of buggy to go for?

Obviously wouldn't want to spend lots of money on something that's not suitable or there's no support for!

Thanks,

Mark
Old 03-12-2014

Hi Mark & welcome,

Definitely the best thing is to pop over & have a chat. I don't think anybody will normally be at the track though unless it's a race day. Our next scheduled meet is on the 14th, & there may some present on the 21st too.
If you do become a member I believe Dave is happy for you to use the track when you wish, I'm sure he'll confirm this.

As regards to cars, both 2 & 4wd are supported at NBC including Team C, Losi, Kyosho etc, so first thing would be to decide which class you'd like to race. 2wd should be easier & cheaper to run.

We can certainly advise you on type of buggy, electrics & so on. Look forward to meeting up fella.

Dan.

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/
Old 06-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi sorry not to post sooner, Dan has covered some good points its a good idea to head down next sunday the 14th, not tomorrow. and yes once your a member your able to use the tracks as when you wish.

As far as cars go I would recommend the losi 22 as kit or RTR to run as with the RTR you can update the electrics as you feel the need for more speed and the losi is a strong car! we have a fair mix of losi, Associated, a few teamC's, the durango 2wd seems quite strong.Avoid any of the really cheep stuff as they break and if you are the only one running that car your day is done:thumb down: I hate it when people just can't finish the day as we can't get the car going again.

BUT you can build a really great car by buying second hand on here, keep an eye on the second hand sections and if you want advice just let us all know, for the price of a new rtr you can build somthing far far better

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 15-12-2014

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

I did come down Sunday morning and chatted to a few people, who were all very accommodating. Nice to see a nice friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

The facilities looked superb and the racing, more than anything, looked fun. So it's time now to build a car over Christmas and hopefully see you all in the new year.

Thanks again,

Mark
Old 15-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi were you the chap in the mini van? I was aware of someone having a look just as we were drying a damp bit of track before racing started, My apologies for not making more of a point of saying hello I'm glade some of the guys stepped in to help out and give advice look forward to seeing you with new toys after christmas. Come find me when you arrive and I will get you booked in to race etc, I'm dave normally in a red kyosho jacket and shouting a lot due to the lack of a PA system

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117

Last edited by racingdwarf; 15-12-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 15-12-2014

Yes I was! You seemed really busy organising stuff so I didn't disturb you and the cold did get the better of me, next time I'll put the thermals on and stay longer

Maxbasher gave me some really good advice and looks like a losi 22 is on the cards