Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Old 01-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Club Membership & BRCA

Just to remind everyone that Club Membership is coming around again in January also BRCA memberships run out at the end of December,

Just to remind everyone as a BRCA club we require all members to be BRCA members! ( if I remember to rejoin the club)

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117

Last edited by racingdwarf; 01-12-2014 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Club not cub
Old 07-12-2014

Location: on the bike, so probly at a petrol station or at side of road bodging

Can i race without a BRCA membership if i dont have a club membership, or do i need it anyway? I will get BRCA/NBC memberships if i need them to race in the club meetings, but it would be better for my increasingly light wallet if i can still get away with just paying per meeting for now, and leave any memberships until i can afford them.

PS: after finally getting my hateful speedpassion speedo (arrived the morning after the race ) to work, Im now RTR slow instead of tamiya slow
-Ansmann master smacker (in bits)

-handmade 1/12 scale lorry (in bits)
-handmade 1/87 RC lorry

-1992 honda transalp (£700 bike, but that's ok as its a big V-twin)

Last edited by Ben The Bike; 07-12-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Old 07-12-2014

I think you'll find you need to be a BRCA member as it's a BRCA club, but if you're not a club member either then you can't race there anyway I'm not sure you can pay 'per meeting' for club membership ??

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/
Old 07-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandare View Post
I think you'll find you need to be a BRCA member as it's a BRCA club, but if you're not a club member either then you can't race there anyway I'm not sure you can pay 'per meeting' for club membership ??
No i mean't that i pay £5 to race each meeting as a non member at the moment , which means i cant use the track for practice, its fine for me as i see no point hauling stuff 20miles on a bike if no ones there anyway.

Could i carry on like this until i can afford a membership?

-handmade 1/87 RC lorry

Old 07-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sadly ben this is a problem I have all the time with NBC the majority of our members see little point in being BRCA as they only race at NBC. No regionals,nationals or even visiting other venues and I can understand as we are a bit out on a limb in norwich. I also see that when funds are tight its hard to justify for many on a tight budget it one of the reasons I have not spent £££ on AMB as the next thing all cash strapped racers would need is a transponder!

Here is the thing A) We need to be a BRCA club to run a regional, vital for summer funds, and promoting the club and racing in the region B) By joining NBC to the BRCA we have some public liability insurance a good thing to show the landlord C) from my personal point of view I run NBC, I'm head cook and bottle washer the buck stops with me,so if the unthinkable happens and someone gets badly hurt in this era of blame&claim I could end up in a hell of an uninsured mess without the BRCA

BUT all members are required to join for insurance if a club member who is a member of the brca is it by a member who hasn't joined things don't work out.

even if you turn up and pay £5 every week after 3 meetings I should turn you away until you join

At present the NBC membership is £20 BRCA is £17 so thats £37 a year to use the tracks when you wish and be fully insured and race at club meetings,to me who has to put £20 worth of derv in my truck every day thats quite cheep BUT I really do understand that when I was 17 and earned a lot less thats quite a lot to add to a racing budget, also spare a thought for our large racing family He's looking at £111 in Jan for his family.

This is a hard one for me I want the club to be BRCA,from my personal point of view so I'm insured running the club, so that the club can contribute to the region by holding a regional. BUT I seriously could/should be asking people to leave the venue and not race if they can't produce there BRCA card! And thats not going to happen as I'm more interested in NBC than the BRCA, I'm not going to shut the gates and close the club because half the 12 to 13 people who race don't want to join BRCA……….

Flask of tea & a rollup

Last edited by racingdwarf; 07-12-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-12-2014

Ok ill get BRCA and NBC memberships if they are needed, i just wanted to check as i keep buying things for rc's that i dont actually need (lipo alarm when speedo had lipo cutoff, the rc10 etc), sorry for rocking the boat.

If BRCA memberships run out at the end of December, should i wait till January to get one, or if i get it done this week will the unused time carry over to next year?

-handmade 1/87 RC lorry

Old 07-12-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think if you join now it for 2015…I think if not wait until jan mate. club membership i'm far more flexible with and can be sorted Jan feb march as you can afford it.

Flask of tea & a rollup
Old 07-12-2014

I renewed my BRCA membership a few weeks ago. It covers you for the remainder of this year & all of 2015

http://www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com/
Old 01-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I will have club and BRCA forms with me at all meetings from now on, if you have already joined BRCA I will be needing your number if for some reason its changed from last year or this is the 1st time you have joined.

Flask of tea & a rollup