Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 09-10-2012

Default wheel transmitter

i have a sanwa stick tx at the moment with a spektrum module in but it has it broke again and off for repair (3 times this year) so i was thinking of getting one of the spektrum tx but i am not sure if i could get use to the different style

has anyone done this and was it easy to do any thoughts please
Old 09-10-2012
Mad Member

It's something you have to try. Borrow a wheel radio if possible, try it around a few different tracks, see if you are comfortable with the change.

My old stick TX broke recently, I borrowed a wheel, and it felt alright around the big on-road track at Cotswold (I've got wheel radios for fun cars around the house, so I'm not completely unfamiliar with them).

But when I used the wheel at the Chippenham club's buggy track, I just couldn't get along with it. I couldn't do the quick, fine corrections on the steering, nor the smooth throttle that I can do with a stick.

So I bought a new stick set. But you might decide to do the opposite.
Old 09-10-2012

Its weird how individual people see things so differently! I couldnt be more different from Sosidge.

I tried sticks and I really didnt like them, I would go as far as saying I hated them. With a wheel I can make the tiniest of adjustments to the steering where with sticks I used to find even the smallest movement with my thumbs would over correct the car and make a problem worse.

Like Sosidge says, you need to try one really. As our examples show, everyone is different.
Old 09-10-2012

Which Sanwa radio have you got and which bit keeps breaking - the Sanwa part of the Spektrum part? If you like the TX and it is working fine it might be worth looking at getting the Sanwa 2.4 module for it.

They've also just released a 2.4 version of their Gemini stick radio, which should be cheaper than the Super Exzes, that might be worth a look.
Old 09-10-2012

thanks for your input
i have an super exzes which i got about 10 years ago and it is the tx that needs repairing again a i have seen the new gemini is out soon but all my cars have spektrum rx in them

i can borrow a tx from a mini 8ight and give it a try to see if i can get a feel for it

may thanks Lee