Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 18-03-2013

Default Rudebits DB4 conversion kit

Some interesting pics on the FB page of Insideline Racing

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 18-03-2013

I notice the db4 setup sheet it says " gear diff" also "shorty lipo" ?
Old 18-03-2013

Judging by the pics they are running front and rear Durango diffs. The shorty thing must be a typo

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 18-03-2013

Old 14-12-2014

Thought I would resurrect this thread rather than starting a new. I've just converted my ZX5 SP to a DB4 using a chassis I bought off here. Had to collect a few FS parts as the conversion isn't really designed for the original ZX5 and I've also made some mods due to the doner car. Firstly I've mounted the servo in the standard ZX5 position on the right of the chassis, this is mainly because I'm using an original rack but also it mimics the layout the kyosho drivers are using on the ZX6. Secondly I'm using the original front bevel gear to the front diff, this has meant modifying the front prop shaft but it will enable me to use a one way which I'm interested to try.

Looking forward to doing some testing soon and running it competitively next year

Old 14-12-2014

Default DB4 conversion

Guys,

I have one of there conversions. Mine is a saddle pack version though. Driveshafts in centre are exactly the same as a ZX6. Servo on left, motor on right. Car is brill. Mine runs snall bores also, thus car is so planted. Not run outside yet, but at Worksop for me a have moved up the finals etc.

will attach picture tomorrow

lee
Old 15-12-2014
oOple Advertiser

The DB4 was a saddle pack car but a few people converted theres to shorty - not many like that.

I have mine for sale if anyone wants one - 2 meetings old and everything was new
Old 15-12-2014

Tony did you get my email regarding an undertray? I've not heard anything back from you.

Cheers
Darren
Old 17-12-2014
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzieboy View Post
Tony did you get my email regarding an undertray? I've not heard anything back from you.

Cheers
Darren
Hi Darren - sorry I haven't see an email
I might of missed it, its been manic of late - i apologise
Please send again to tony@rudebits.net
Ta
Old 17-12-2014

Resent
Old 31-12-2014

Default My DB4

Well i have done a bit to mine, have added RDRP rear wing mounts, ZX6 centre driveshafts and also the metal drive cups on input shafts.

Finally got some balance scales and put car on them, and had to add no weight anywhere. It was 50/50 split left to right and 45/55 split front to rear. Was really impressed with that.

Now to see if it makes any differance. Will post some pics soon of my car.

Last edited by lee.willows; 31-12-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-01-2015

Looking forward to seeing yours Lee, how did you do the corner weighing? 2 identical scales or do you have a proper rig?

I've just got the electrics to sort out before I can go for a play. Over Christmas I've done the fun part of painting and stickering a shell. I had an old Azarashi shell in the loft and some repro Optima Mid decals so decided to go a bit retro to get it up and running on the cheap.

I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

Inside I used an old dogbone to create a front propshaft that would clear the servo mount and allow use of the one way bearing

First outing will probably be indoors at Broxtowe

Last edited by Dazzieboy; 01-01-2015 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-01-2015

Talking Corner weights

Hi mate got the proper scales from Alex at Moss Models. Will be at Worksop with mine, plus as we are both in the same region can catch up etc when they start.

Will get some posted of mine once sorted elecs out. I have a Proline Bulldog shell for mine.
Old 17-01-2015

My DB4 got its first outing tonight, I managed the final heat indoors at Broxtowe as I was looking after my sons car. Have to say I was very impressed with it,it's so stable whilst at the same time very agile. It changes direction so quickly but yet the balance is never really upset. It's a giant leap forward over my ZX5 which was getting a bit long in the tooth. I'm really looking forward to it warming up so I can go outside with it.
Old 20-01-2015

Smile My DB4

Gents,

Will get some under the shell pics done, as just about happy with install. Car is very fast, stable, and is just let down by the idiot behind the wheel(me). Have been running mine since the invernational and the only real things i have had to change set up wise is lighter oils, cause it is cold, and shorter wheelbase. The set up that Steve Brown put on mine is awesome. Pics below show rattle can special done at invernational trackside and my good shell.

Will post more soon.

Regards Lee

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img661/369/SCJcFt.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img540/3841/TtsRFU.jpg

Last edited by lee.willows; 21-01-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 20-01-2015

Links don't appear to be working lee
Old 21-01-2015

Talking My DB4

Sorted links will get under the shell pics done soon
Old 21-01-2015

Looks very nice are you at worksop on sunday? I'd like to try and get over.
Old 21-01-2015

Default DB4

yeah will be at Worksop, will pitting with Moss Models. Come over and have chat if you come up.
Old 15-02-2015

A quick testing update as I've managed to have a couple of outdoor practice runs now. First was at Broxtowe a few weeks ago. Again the car seemed really stable but I was having a problem over the jumps with the car wanting to back flip. I had to really jam the brakes on mid air to get the car anywhere near level. Obviously this is not ideal landing with the wheels stationary and I was scared that the transmission life could be limited. The 2 options as I saw were to weight up the front or trim the rear wing. I decided to trim the rear wing down to its lowest setting and this weekend found myself near Grantham with time to kill so headed to A1 raceway on Saturday. The guys were doing some track maintenance in preparation for their iceman series the next day so I was grateful for them to allow me some running. The track was very wet and slippery with standing water in places so I ran some ballistic greens. Again it was great to drive, very agile and much easier to hit an apex than when it was a ZX5 and as a bonus it jumped nice and square too. The only problem I had was it kicking the back end out when exiting a corner which could have been my hamfistedness but if anyone has any suggestions to dial out this trait I'd be interested to hear. Anyway here's a quick vid from yesterday and thanks again to the guys at A1: