Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Surrey & Hants RCCC

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-10-2017
Dadio Dadio is offline
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 244
Default What Transponder ?

As the title might suggest I've been searching but I can't find details of what Transponder I'd need , my friend and I popped down on a wet Thursday evening this week , liked what we saw and I did ask what Transponder we needed but the leaky grey matter has lost the answer , I remember it was a two wire one but if you could fill in the details I'd be very grateful .
Thanks Gav
Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017
daymo daymo is offline
New Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14

Hey Gav

There are a few options I think not but not sure I am using one of these


Seems to do the job well

Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2017
GoDaveGo GoDaveGo is offline
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bookham
Posts: 73

I use the two wire MYLAPS RC4 Hybrid Direct Powered Transponder - aka Harry


SHRCCC Secretary
Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2017
Zippy G's Avatar
Zippy G Zippy G is offline
Mad Member
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,386
Default transponders

Hi Mate
The best transponders are the AMB MyLaps as they will work anywhere you take them, this is simply because the decoders are AMB (most clubs run RC3 or RC4 Decoders)as is the software that they run(at most clubs). MRT hybrids will work at most tracks and are good but if AMB decide to update software as they have done in the past then the MRT can stop working until MRT release a fix.

The AMB 'PETE' is the older version which is slightly bigger than the newer ones but will work anywhere you take it, you can't buy these new anymore but used they range from £40/£60

The AMB 'Harry' (2 wires)is the next model along from PETE, this is a smaller transponder which is what most racers use, they are small and will work anywhere you take them. New from BBK software £102, you can find them used for around £60/£70

The AMB 'PERCY' is the latest release BUT it will ONLY work on RC4 decoders, SHRCCC run an RC3 decoder so it WILL NOT work. These to buy new are £75, used you can find them around £50/£60

In the diagram I have attached the first 2 aren't used anymore, the one in the middle is 'PETE', the next one along is 'HARRY' and the last one is 'PERCY'.

Percy & Harry look very similar the only thing to distinguish them easily is that Harry has 2 wires & Percy has 3.
If you do need any of the above I have used ones available.

Hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: png transponder compatibility.png (101.9 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Zippy G; 22-10-2017 at 07:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2017
Dadio Dadio is offline
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 244

Thanks guys that should get me going in the right direction .
Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017
Dadio Dadio is offline
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 244

Hi Zippy G
You mentioned you have some used transponders for sale , what have you got ? I'm probably looking for 2 x Rc3 or Rc4 , one for me and one for my friend .
Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017
dobber's Avatar
dobber dobber is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 758

Don't get rc4, get the rc3.

Rc4 is not backwards compatible so only works on rc4. Rc3 works on both.

A general rule is 3 wire pt's are rc4, where 2 wire are rc3.
SHRCCC Committee - Membership secretary & Treasurer.
Amature racer, professional crasher.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.