Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 27-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thread Hijack time: if any of you noob rb5 lovers go ahead and have a b4 for sale let me know! Not saying the b4 is better, never run one, but I already have the spares from the S2 and just need something to tide me over!

On the RB5, ran one for 6 months when they first came out, really well put together, good over jumps even then, and easy to drive! My only issue was lack of turn in on slippy stuff, but I never played around with setup enough to give it justice!
Old 27-01-2009
Lee-Mag

I'm loving the sales pitches being used in here, you nearly had me sold on the idea, but then i remembered, the design of the car is over 20 years old and the X6 squared is just the sex and will be the car to beat once again

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 27-01-2009

Dave - I have a B4, 4 meets old. Its in a bag of bits though, never got round to building it up to sell, also got the carcas of another B4. You can have the whole lot cheap, will bring it with me to Broxtowe.

Lee - No sales pitch intended, just my honest opinion

Cheers,

Nob RB5 Lover
Old 27-01-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I'm loving the sales pitches being used in here, you nearly had me sold on the idea, but then i remembered, the design of the car is over 20 years old and the X6 squared is just the sex and will be the car to beat once again
I was going to run an X-6 but someone backed out of a deal

G
Old 27-01-2009
Mad Member

The RB5 is set up out the box for dirt.

If you on high grip surfaces you need to find a way of losing some grip.
Now Kyosho have finally got the right man driving the electric cars we may see some results.
That said Tebo did have one glitch in the crcc champs he was only second with the RB5 but he did win and TQ 4wd.
Old 27-01-2009
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Skull View Post
The RB5 is set up out the box for dirt.

If you on high grip surfaces you need to find a way of losing some grip.
Now Kyosho have finally got the right man driving the electric cars we may see some results.
That said Tebo did have one glitch in the crcc champs he was only second with the RB5 but he did win and TQ 4wd.
Hay! Yes Tebo is great but what about all the drivers in the UK that have kept with it with little support? They are the hero's in my eye's! We all want Tebo to come to the UK and help us all out on UK tracks, not dirt. Completely different set ups. Keep up the good work UK drivers, we will get there eventually. Back on top that is!
Old 28-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Here here Woody!!!!

I for one have done all I can to push the car but just not competative enough these days to do the car justice!!!
Doesn't stop me offering set-up advice (which I can still do) and an open spares box to help people with this simply awesome car!

How many national A-finals are you going to make with the cars this year Woody .... I hope it's at least 4 with each!!!
Old 28-01-2009

Default RB5

Hey Rich,

Do go lending it out so fast mate, we have only just had stock back in on the RB5, so will get another to build and finish off this time before someone else needs one ;o) LOL

In vane of Woody's cry for UK support I may need to pop along to Broxtowe for some fun and cadge a buggy so to speak....

How you fixed?

What's times kick off, as I don't like to early at the wekeends as you know
Old 28-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
Hay! Yes Tebo is great but what about all the drivers in the UK that have kept with it with little support? They are the hero's in my eye's! We all want Tebo to come to the UK and help us all out on UK tracks, not dirt. Completely different set ups. Keep up the good work UK drivers, we will get there eventually. Back on top that is!

Stu,

You all sorted for York, give me a shout tomorrow mate for a catch up as it's been pretty hectic this week.

Tebo who? you should say to Neil..... LOL

What about Woody and the gang is the reply!

Let's get this 2wd sorted, with a few more cars around the place, I am sure it will help with moving forward.

On the Tebo front, it is good news, but we won't forget all of your support in the UK. He is without question one of the fastest guys around at the moment, so with regards to design and looking forward, I think the 1/10th Kyosho future is very bright....

Kyosho have many projects on at the moment, but you have to say Tebo's recent performance regardless of being on dirt just helps show the world that the range of cars we have is clearly good enough to be much closer to the competition than some maybe give credit for.

I will post that in a mo, but watching the vids on youtube are awsome to watch....and with wins over Calavari in 4wd, 1/8th & Truggy in just his second race.............................maybe the cars do have a lot more to give

Hang in there guys, it will be worth it, and make sure you talk to your local shops as we have no problems helping with more drivers supporting their local shops & tracks, if you think you are good enough LOL

See you soon
Old 28-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Marsden View Post
Hey Rich,

Do go lending it out so fast mate, we have only just had stock back in on the RB5, so will get another to build and finish off this time before someone else needs one ;o) LOL

In vane of Woody's cry for UK support I may need to pop along to Broxtowe for some fun and cadge a buggy so to speak....

How you fixed?

What's times kick off, as I don't like to early at the wekeends as you know
Karl, I'll be using my RB on Sunday but my Bro is running 4wd and said your welcome to use his if you fancy it. Doors open at 9, so not to much of a early start. Drop me a line if you want me to sort it and book you in. Will set it up the same as mine so no excuses when I kick your ass..

In regards of Tebo & the UK lads, its fantastic to have a world class driver on board and have no doubt he will bring the K cars full potential to peoples attension but its the UK that matters and if little old me can win the odd regional or Stu can go out and make a few A's at Nationals I beleive this will have equal effect on where it matters most for you guys at Kyosho UK here in the UK!

Personaly I like the way Kyosho operate with drivers supporting their local shops and its great to see good drivers like Chris and Northy vesting an interest in the RB5.
Old 28-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ive got bad news, sorry. I really like the look of the RB5 and keen to run one.

Was hoping to get my hands on one 2nd hand, as money is tight right now, but thats fallen through - but nevermind. Im going to borrow the one I had lined up and still get a feel for it.

So I went ahead and priced up a new one, with worlds back end, proline rear axles, and its far more than I ever expected. I just don't have the money

So for the moment im going to have to stick with the B4. Which is no bad thing, its going well for me, I just wanted to get my mits on an RB5
Old 28-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Rich,

Bring the B4 Sunday if that's ok, depending on how much price/how many bits may just be interested, though timings not ideal!

Good to see Kyosho pushing on, the more top cars well supported the better in my view!
Old 28-01-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Ive got bad news, sorry. I really like the look of the RB5 and keen to run one.

Was hoping to get my hands on one 2nd hand, as money is tight right now, but thats fallen through - but nevermind. Im going to borrow the one I had lined up and still get a feel for it.

So I went ahead and priced up a new one, with worlds back end, proline rear axles, and its far more than I ever expected. I just don't have the money

So for the moment im going to have to stick with the B4. Which is no bad thing, its going well for me, I just wanted to get my mits on an RB5
Chris, can you pm me the prices, or put them on here. I too have to be careful with the coin due to the new baby

G
Old 28-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Looking likely again that I may be running an RB5, really pleased as I got to say im impressed with what I have seen and read on here.

Perhaps its time popularity was taken away from the B4. i don't know about others, but its nice to change cars from time to time - the more people who choose Kyosho the better.

Ive just texted you mate. I really hope you can get one G, you know me and you work well together - and needless to say, the Nortech bits we'll add to it...
Old 28-01-2009
Super Moderator

That's good news mate, I'm keen to have a go with something different. An RB5 or a tub RC10?

G
Old 28-01-2009
Mad Member

It would be nice to have more people running the car as right now we're a bit scarce. Besides since I don't do club meetings (what with no having a club nearby and all that) I personally haven't got much chance to test things.

Someone said earlier on that the car had a lot of bump steer and removing the 3mm washers got rid of it. Yes that is true but only if you're running 25 derees castor, otherwise with the box stock 30 degrees the 3mm give neutral bump steer.
Old 28-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well, I'll be running it weekly - between NE Regionals, Worksop and Bury through the winter, and then outdoors at Bury, NW regionals and nationals - so it'll be doing many miles in my hands.
Old 28-01-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Marsden View Post

Hang in there guys, it will be worth it, and make sure you talk to your local shops as we have no problems helping with more drivers supporting their local shops & tracks, if you think you are good enough LOL

See you soon

What happens if you don't have a local shop to help you???? Hell I don't even think we have a shop in the west mids region that will be going to off-road meetings this year .... not even just as a racer!!!!

Any advice there Karl?
Old 28-01-2009
Mad Member

Hi Chaps,

Yes it is nice for you UK guys to push and promote the car you all believe in. It is very well appreciated by us at Kyosho UK
We all believe in the K products and right now we have got the car in almost every class of racing to be a WC.
If you follow all the classes you will see in 1/8th on road kyosho are world champions and have dominated for some time it is the same story with the 200mm IC and until this year the 1/8th off road, but we was late to get the MP9 and tebo was racing o donnel
It is only 1/10th electric classes (including touring cars)Kyosho have not realised its full potential at world championships in recent years but finally with Tebo it could happen.(and its not just Tebo you can imagine the knock on affect of some good results)
The thing with Tebo he is almost a certainty to A main any world so he will be in with a shout where as our current line up (mainly mark pavidis)are not racing so much and would likely only scrape into A main.
Also take into account Kyosho actually own Team Orion as of last year and you can see the overall package Kyosho have got in Racing.
So for the K lovers things are looking up
Old 28-01-2009

Default rb5

sold 2 rb5s in last week,unfortunately 1 was mikes in wigan and other belonged to darren at dms.looks like new pricing will put many people off.as for shop drives,anybody in my region[ne,nw]give us a shout.tried 3 top drivers end of last year,all turned me down.maybe i am not 1 of the big hitters in r/c sales but i do try and support guys trackside wherever possible.many thanks jez.