Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 16-09-2010

Default Can we allow Lipo's in the Mini/Mardave Class?

Hi

Just an idea - as quite a few drivers will be going from the Micro class to the Mini/Mardave class would it not be sensible to allow the use of the small 1.8A Lipos?
I have two packs that I plan to use in my newly acquired Mardave (thanks Russ!) and I am quite unwilling to downgrade in terms of performance/technology and ease of use to the 4-cell batteries.

It is supposed to be a cheap class and this would make the class cheaper for me and many other drivers.
It would probably prove safer as well as I am now well trained to charge my Lipo's and wouldn't want to confuse my small brain by having to use two types of batteries in the same night.

Thoughts please!

Tim
Old 16-09-2010

No Tim as the 2 cell Lipo you have for the micro deliveres too many volts. a 4 cell NiMh pack is 4.8v nominal whereas the 2S Lipo you have is 7.4V.
Old 16-09-2010

Tim

We have discussed the merits of all options at length and came up with a set of rules that have been in the public domain now for well over a month. Those rules are now fixed for the Championship so lipo is not allowed.

Regards