Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Racing meetings on 24th Feb and 3rd March.

Obviously the news of Rogers sad passing has been a shock to all of us.

Roger was extremely dedicated to Bury Metro, and he'd already said to me ages back that part of the reason for expanding the committee was to ensure the club would continue without him.

Therefore I feel that it is vitally important that Bury Metro lives on to continue Roger's legacy.

However Roger was the very heart of the club, and is not someone we can simply replace. The club is going to need to decide how it is gong to move forwards whilst preserving Rogers memory. But that is the sort of thing that needs to be decided after Rogers funeral. Now is the time for mourning not discussions.

For that reason Darren and I have decided we are cancelling this weekends meeting at Goshen. Whilst I would have been operating race control all the equipment is at Rogers house and now is not an appropriate time to be collecting it.

Likewise we feel that it is unlikely that the Counthill meeting on the 3rd will go ahead either.

What will be needed soon is an EGM to decide how the club will continue to operate without the man who basically ran every aspect of the club singlehandedly. Roger can never truly be replaced, and its likely to take 2-3 other people to do all the things he did by himself such was his dedication to the club.

We owe it to Roger to keep Bury Metro going, and growing, but for now we need to pause to mourn the loss of someone who personified the club. To many Roger was Bury Metro.

I hope everyone understands our decision.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)