Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 27-11-2011

Default Todays Racing

Just like to thank Stu Wood again for his help! The track he set up was awesome and made for a great days racing. Even though the turnout was pretty poor I really enjoyed myself, everything went smoothly and the atmosphere was friendly and fun. I took some video footage which I will post later.
Old 27-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Foster View Post
Just like to thank Stu Wood again for his help! The track he set up was awesome and made for a great days racing. Even though the turnout was pretty poor I really enjoyed myself, everything went smoothly and the atmosphere was friendly and fun. I took some video footage which I will post later.
Second that! very nice days racing. Great track setup which was very challenging, but it flowed nicely! Such a shame not many turned up, the venue is one of the best ive seen, with enough space to have some really big meetings! Lets hope the good feedback from today will temped more people next time
Old 27-11-2011
Stu-Perstar

Well lets start the real coversation!

I have been made to feel that I was not welcome on the Bury Metro Commitee/Chairman and as today shows I cant believe I let you make me stand down!
The Commitee should be a shamed of them selves right now.
Not a ONE off the commitee helped set up and not a ONE raced today!
The Chairman did turn up but after the track was nearly finished and then went 10 minutes after that.

I gave up a race meeting that ment something to me and my sponsors to help out a club that I have loved since 1990 and for the new commitee to do what they are doing then I think I will take MY club back!

We had 18 there today and the club paid for the down fall which is very bad!
The club needs money to keep the track and if there is always a down fall then that money will go and also the track.

For the people that want a great day's racing at a GREAT venue then please dont listen to the idiots on here and come along. I promise you will have a great time and you will want to come back.

The track is very big and we have lots of room. We have another 2 halls to pit in so room is not an issue.

All I have to say is THANK YOU to all that came today and THANK YOU for the guys that helped build the track. You all know who you are.

LEt it begin!
Old 27-11-2011
Banned

I must apologize

I had to work over the weekend, We had some issues that needed my attention, unfortunately there was nothing i could do about it. Its the first meeting i have missed all year
Its sound like i missed a good day, I will be there next meeting

Again sorry for my absence
Old 27-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post

I have been made to feel that I was not welcome on the Bury Metro Commitee/Chairman and as today shows I cant believe I let you make me stand down!
The Chairman did turn up but after the track was nearly finished and then went 10 minutes after that.

I gave up a race meeting that ment something to me and my sponsors to help out a club that I have loved since 1990 and for the new commitee to do what they are doing then I think I will take MY club back!

The club needs money to keep the track and if there is always a down fall then that money will go and also the track.

For the people that want a great day's racing at a GREAT venue then please dont listen to the idiots on here and come along. I promise you will have a great time and you will want to come back.

The track is very big and we have lots of room. We have another 2 halls to pit in so room is not an issue.

All I have to say is THANK YOU to all that came today and THANK YOU for the guys that helped build the track. You all know who you are.

LEt it begin!

Cheers for a great day STU, im sure all who came really appreciates you coming along and taking the time out to help
Old 27-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:

LEt it begin!
Sorry i just couldent make it today stu,your right it is yours and your dads club,so take control mate before it all goes down the pan!
Old 27-11-2011

I'd like to come along to race my buggy, where is the venue and what time does the hall open on Sunday
Old 27-11-2011

I had a great day, the track was brilliant and the atmosphere was terrific

Shame more didn't turn up.

Definately worth the 170 mile round journey.

KEEP RIGHT ON
BLUE IS BETTER
Old 27-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:

LEt it begin!

Go on stu your telling it Excactly as it is. Being on the committee is a big commitment and there is a lot more to it than free brca membership and free racing. Like I explained to you today I would have been there early but due to personal reasons out of my control I couldn't be.

The venue has great potential it's big and clean and there was grip with my 4wd just needs the racers back and some structure of liability to those who choose to bring there kids

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 27-11-2011
Banned

I have to agree with Dave and Matts comments, the comittee arent committed enough and I do believe that it needs to be rethinked as to who is on it.

Stu when you were on the comittee running the club there was little to fault and the turnout always produced a great days racing.

18 is appaling, the fact you guys roll out of bed on a sunday morning to continue to run it is worth commending in itself.
Old 27-11-2011
Banned

double post.
Old 27-11-2011

Yeah Yeah it all starts again!! just turn up and have a good day! The venue is great, the track is great! I feel the whole banter thing is wearing a little thin now. Anyway here is a video link of today.

http://youtu.be/Jdy2SVHVrhQ
Old 27-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Seems I'm damned if I do, and I'm damned if I don't......

But with only one functional full sized car, and my wife wanting that to take my son to a birthday party, I opted for don't. I think I made the right choice in the end, she's happy, I've spent the day with Ben and its not cost me a fortune in fuel and hours of driving round stupid Oldham roadworks. It has cost me a slating on Oople, but that would have happened either way I expect.

Given general feelings, I might stick with don't.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 27-11-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post

But with only one functional full sized car, and my wife wanting that to take my son to a birthday party, I opted for don't. I think I made the right choice in the end, she's happy, I've spent the day with Ben and its not cost me a fortune in fuel and hours of driving round stupid Oldham roadworks. It has cost me a slating on Oople, but that would have happened either way I expect.

I feel you SHOULD be part of the comittee, you put alot of effort in and have done for as long as ive been racing, not only that you have been at the club years, you know the club better than the other comittee members.

my comments werent directed towards you Si.

I say bring the old comittee back and bring back what I enjoyed so much last year, this year has been a real shame and one of the many reasons ive decided to take up 8th for next year at least.
Old 27-11-2011

Quote:
Yeah Yeah it all starts again!! just turn up and have a good day! The venue is great, the track is great! I feel the whole banter thing is wearing a little thin now. Anyway here is a video link of today.

Nice clip mate, shows how stu wiped the floor with us all
Old 27-11-2011
Banned

To be honest...

Today yes i wasn't there, But its the first meeting i have missed all year, at the end of the day I had to be at work, No work = No racing full stop?

If the original committee feel they can do a better job, go for it.

I'm sick to the back teeth of people moaning about how the club is being run. if you don't like it maybe you guys need to step up.
Old 27-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post

I also didn't mean you in my post Si. More directed at rob and mike

Imagine if you'd have travelled from Wigan and then had to pay to race it would have been an expensive day the venue is a good one but I do think coney green was better placed for bury metro members to travel to geographically and I think that might have a lot to do with the current low attendances so if possible let's book coney now for next winter and bet them damn cricketers

Chin up lads all is not lost

Buds

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 27-11-2011
Banned

I think Mike needs too pull his finger out.
I have not seen him once since the AGM neither have I ever had a reply from him via email to any messages I have sent
Old 27-11-2011

I haven't replied to every single email, because a lot of what I recieved were the same emails repeated. As I said at the AGM, I work every other weekend, no exceptions. The calendar hasn't allowed me to attend until 18th Dec and Jan 8th. The first draft of the calendar (which I told Rog about), were all on my weekend in and I was unavailable to help out. Roger kindly shuffled it about and sent an email to the committee to ask if something could be worked out. Only Roger replied back with the current one. After these 2 dates I can only make the march dates.
Last years indoors was very similar, I would set up anything anywhere on a free sunday If it meant a club meeting.
Ansmann Mad Rat, Mad monkey, Macnum
Tamiya FAV, Tamiya Hornet
Tamiya Grasshopper, Tamiya Hotshot
Ansmann X4SC, Ansmann X4SC pro
Old 27-11-2011

Default Nice Video

Quote:

Did you notice the track cutting ?? I did ---- and I'll knock off ten seconds next time I see him.

Also Fan of "Shepherd Neame"