Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 31-05-2010

Old 31-05-2010
Mad Member

To be honest i think the car is awsome and very strong i have broke one front shock shaft and a servo saver arm and have'nt had a single problem with driveshaft pins and i have been running the car since christmas most weekends and i won't be selling mine

Team Durango have been helpful trackside and on oOple but i think they should have made a comment on the drive shaft pin issue don't think it helps anybody saying nothing

Should Team Durango give out freebies or discounted parts ?

Personally it would be nice but don't think they should have to

One,

There is a guide to setting the slipper clutch in the manual i think it's 8.5mm

Paul

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 31-05-2010

Thanks Paul

I set the slipper exactly 8.5 mm, as per the manual. Broken pins.

I can't be bothered with this anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc View Post
To be honest i think the car is awsome and very strong i have broke one front shock shaft and a servo saver arm and have'nt had a single problem with driveshaft pins and i have been running the car since christmas most weekends and i won't be selling mine

Team Durango have been helpful trackside and on oOple but i think they should have made a comment on the drive shaft pin issue don't think it helps anybody saying nothing

Should Team Durango give out freebies or discounted parts ?

Personally it would be nice but don't think they should have to

One,

There is a guide to setting the slipper clutch in the manual i think it's 8.5mm

Paul
Old 31-05-2010
Mad Member

I found 8.5mm on the slipper to be too tight, so backed it off pretty much straight away, didn't have any problems with the pins for 8 months or so, but recently, it seems to have caught "oOple pin Death", not sure if it's breaking the pins, or if they are just escaping, I tend to end up with driveshaft, axle, bushing and 2 grub screws, but no pin
Old 31-05-2010
Mad Member

I have the 2 grub screws in aswell then put heatshrink round the driveshaft the pins not going nowhere then

John what is your slipper set at now ??

Paul

Trader feedback
Old 31-05-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
I have the 2 grub screws in aswell then put heatshrink round the driveshaft the pins not going nowhere then

Paul
i'v done exactly the same thing with my drive shafts, and i raced it saturday, and broke 5 pins.
bullet proofing the drive shafts as durango say is nonsense.

you find your self racing the car, and thinking more about when the pins are going to snap
Old 31-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby View Post
i'v done exactly the same thing with my drive shafts, and i raced it saturday, and broke 5 pins.

you find your self racing the car, and thinking more about when the pins are going to snap
have you tried sending them back to TD? something sounds a bit suspect with that imo. Maybe there is something wrong with the other parts which are causing more strain on the pins?

Personally i built them normally with a 2nd grub screw and they've been fine so far (touching lots of wood )
Old 31-05-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby View Post

How is your slipper clutch set ? Have you tryed slackening it off mine is abit slacker than the 8.5mm . Seems abit odd one persons car is fine and another is'nt when there built the same

Paul

Trader feedback
Old 31-05-2010
Mad Member

Quote:

Paul
Not sure without taking it apart, but I think it's about 8.2-8.3mm, not alot different, wasn't thinking of the pins when I did it, just made it feel better over the bumps at our track.
Old 31-05-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSloth View Post
Personally i built them normally with a 2nd grub screw and they've been fine so far (touching lots of wood )
I did that back in September when I got the car, was fine until end of April, when it started to break/lose pins, went through 4 in 6 races in one meeting.
Old 31-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Pin madness

Just saw this new thread and find it hard to believe Durango are not responding to this.
I'm so glad I didn't buy a Durango at launch, I'm very tempted by the 410R and am ready to buy one as it won't have the same problems. I do though feel maybe I should not bother if this is how many Durango customers are being treated ?

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 31-05-2010

Is a slipper clutch supposed to be the ONLY thing between a win and a DNF? Really? I have never in my life seen a company of this caliber make something so borderline and then justify it like that.

I personally race on a very small track that runs VERY fast. it is high traction, with large jumps and many turns . All of the racing on it is about hole shots and getting top speed the fastest. On the DEX410, if I set the slipper as per the instructions, the car is sluggish and isn't competitive in the power department. When I tighten the slipper to make the car rip, the drivetrain shreds and I can't finish a single round, many times over.

I have no support here in the US, and parts are expensive to get. After putting my entire RC budget into this car and stocking its parts, I am expected to spend yet another $150+ to make it compete with the cheesy B44?, wich it is "supposed" to be out of the box? The B44 is 1/3 of the price and quality of the DEX410 for crying out loud!

I don't expect free parts, but I do expect the recognition of a problem from a high class company like Durango and then having them rectify it, not ignore it and push it off on the individual

I donno guys, I am waiting for the final outcome before I sell this car, but the future is looking bleak

sorry for the rant!

come on Durango, say something that makes us happy, or at least content

Xray - Durango - Futaba - Tekin
Old 31-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Just saw this new thread and find it hard to believe Durango are not responding to this.
I'm so glad I didn't buy a Durango at launch, I'm very tempted by the 410R and am ready to buy one as it won't have the same problems. I do though feel maybe I should not bother if this is how many Durango customers are being treated ?
If people contact Durango direct they will respond and try and sort the problems that people are having. But only a (small) handful of people have actually contacted them about the drivepin problems.
I think more people have moaned on here about them than have actually contacted TD. TD will not sort problems with individuals cars that are posted on here. They need to be contacted direct.

Regarding the Slipper. The visible amount of thread on my slipper adjustment is between 3-4mm. So it is worth experimenting with it to get the right amount of slip. I have had 1 drive pin break, and that was due to me rush the re-assembly 5 mins before a race. And I've been racing the car since last october.

Why don't people moan about upgrades and option parts on £400 Tamiyas?
Old 31-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
If people contact Durango direct they will respond and try and sort the problems that people are having. But only a (small) handful of people have actually contacted them about the drivepin problems.
I think more people have moaned on here about them than have actually contacted TD. TD will not sort problems with individuals cars that are posted on here. They need to be contacted direct.

Regarding the Slipper. The visible amount of thread on my slipper adjustment is between 3-4mm. So it is worth experimenting with it to get the right amount of slip. I have had 1 drive pin break, and that was due to me rush the re-assembly 5 mins before a race. And I've been racing the car since last october.

Why don't people moan about upgrades and option parts on £400 Tamiyas?
Probably because the Tamiya is £400 after upgrades, not before (well, to be fair if you buy it abroad!!). There was a thread a while ago where Jimmy/myself/Northy I think it was discussed/argued the Durango/Tamiya price thing and to be fair they ended up very similar for a blinged up hopped up Tamiya vs similar Durango. The Tamiya is very durable in that condition though.

Not commenting on the Durango pin issue as I haven't seen it, but as you asked thought I'd answer
Old 01-06-2010
Mad Member

Just had a email team Durango are now offering current owners new
drive shafts at a 50% discount. About £50 for all 6 drive shafts.
Old 01-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Probably because the Tamiya is £400 after upgrades, not before (well, to be fair if you buy it abroad!!). There was a thread a while ago where Jimmy/myself/Northy I think it was discussed/argued the Durango/Tamiya price thing and to be fair they ended up very similar for a blinged up hopped up Tamiya vs similar Durango. The Tamiya is very durable in that condition though.

Not commenting on the Durango pin issue as I haven't seen it, but as you asked thought I'd answer
Appreciated the fact of buying abroad as it would be more equal, but if it was bought over here there would be no chance of matching the 410's price....even if you bought the new driveshafts as hop ups.

The new Tamiya's are looking pretty competetive though......
Old 01-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
Appreciated the fact of buying abroad as it would be more equal, but if it was bought over here there would be no chance of matching the 410's price....even if you bought the new driveshafts as hop ups.

The new Tamiya's are looking pretty competetive though......
All true, and good news about TD offering the discount!
Old 02-06-2010

Hi. Did they say anything on HOW the offer is going to be made. Cant find any info on TD site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samd View Post
Just had a email team Durango are now offering current owners new
drive shafts at a 50% discount. About £50 for all 6 drive shafts.
Old 02-06-2010

I have to say I'm really glad to hear TD are doing this. I, as maybe others too, was really blown away that this new company were making a car with passion, and patience. Up against the task of competing with all the other big companies. To make something great for racers like us who love smashing (not crashing) it out on the track each weekend.

I am glad that I can continue being fully pumped about this brand.

Well done guys. Big shout out to you.

Now where's my 2wd????
Old 02-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNelson View Post
Hi. Did they say anything on HOW the offer is going to be made. Cant find any info on TD site.
It appears when you put references in your basket.

It is definitely a good way to launch this brand to the top.