Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 08-10-2010

Default Models in motion?

I have just read on another forum that models in motion have closed so just be warey of buying from there website for now! not good news

Quote:
If any of you were thinking of buying anything from Models In Motion in Stevenage through their website, DONT

Theyve gone under, not paid a load of suppliers
You can still order through their website, but the receivers have been in and cleared them out so you wont get your goods

Spread the word, dont let anyone else get stung
Old 08-10-2010
Mad Member

posting shit like you quoted then is bang out of order!

maybe you should leave reference as to who said that & where?

there is already a topic about this here with first hand information http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54341

plus you're at least a week late anyway
Old 08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime View Post
posting shit like you quoted then is bang out of order!

maybe you should leave reference as to who said that & where?

there is already a topic about this here with first hand information http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54341

plus you're at least a week late anyway
Why is it bang out of order if they are happily taking payment knowing full well the goods arent going to be dispatched??

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 08-10-2010
Mad Member

And you know this for a fact?

EDIT just had a look at their site & it does look like it's still up & running!
I didn't try placing an order & seeing if the checkout will take your money or not but I'm surprised the site is still live!
Old 08-10-2010

Aye the shop is closed, anyone that has made a purchase via paypal or Credit card since its gone into liquidation can get a refund.
I would like to see the original post as Showtime has stated this has been discussed in another thread.
Old 08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorykid View Post
Aye the shop is closed, anyone that has made a purchase via paypal or Credit card since its gone into liquidation can get a refund.
I would like to see the original post as Showtime has stated this has been discussed in another thread.

Is that credit or debit, or just credit card? Also, have the administrators approved this? I know when Empire Direct went under they were still taking orders knowing the goods werent going to be delivered and the administrators refused to give a refund

Old 08-10-2010

They're not; this happens.

EDIT: Sorry, I think that link won't work for other people. Basically, when you try to checkout you get the message "We are sorry, but due to circumstances outside of our control we are currently unable to accept new orders."

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacattack View Post
Why is it bang out of order if they are happily taking payment knowing full well the goods arent going to be dispatched??
Old 08-10-2010

so they are not taking new orders, as i said.....post the original fella (Stox) as i would be interested to see where this has come from?
Old 08-10-2010
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Is that credit or debit, or just credit card? Also, have the administrators approved this? I know when Empire Direct went under they were still taking orders knowing the goods werent going to be delivered and the administrators refused to give a refund
We recently bought something with a visa debit card from a company which went into recievership and the car covered it (although it's a pain getting the money back...) I think it only applies to visa cards though, not mastercards.
Old 08-10-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorykid View Post
post the original fella (Stox) as i would be interested to see where this has come from?
hope this is it

http://www.carpetoval.com/forums/9-g...-motion-beware

another mention here
http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/92...ost__p__863931
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 08-10-2010

Aye, thanks for that
Old 08-10-2010

depends on what hapens after the company goes into liquidation and how much control they still have over stock etc im no expert on such things im sure the people behind MIM are working hard to sort out any problems however the best thing is to contact them not start a witch hunt on several forums, i had heard MIM had traded for over 20 years so obviously did something right in that time just another victim in the downturn of UK business and the amount of people not using local shops anymore, its a shame because its not the parts availability which is the biggest issue its the knowledge at the end of the phone which is gone.
Old 08-10-2010

Next time i might not bother then .
I am sorry if the quote has upset anybody and il ammend it now.
Old 08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
We recently bought something with a visa debit card from a company which went into recievership and the car covered it (although it's a pain getting the money back...) I think it only applies to visa cards though, not mastercards.
It applies to both visa and MasterCard under section 75 liability. It doesn't cover for maestro debit, I should have been a bit clearer in my original question mate

Old 08-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

when i first heard a rumour of the shop closing I checked the website, and yes it was still up and running, BUT if you tried to go to basket it would go straight back to the page you were looking at, there was no message at that time and if you rang the shop there was no answear eather, at that point I still had no proper info so didn't post simple hear say. I don't think anyone was able to place an order in any way once the doors had closed.

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 08-10-2010

Quote:
Well here is a fact, ordered parma tape off them. The site said on order with supplier, emailed them 2 weeks later asking for a refund as I was sick of waiting and no response.

Emailed again and had no response what so ever. They ripped me off FACT!!!
Old 09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
Well here is a fact, ordered parma tape off them. The site said on order with supplier, emailed them 2 weeks later asking for a refund as I was sick of waiting and no response.

Emailed again and had no response what so ever. They ripped me off FACT!!!
The site stopped checkout as soon as the notice was served. I checked within minutes and you were stopped at checkout.

Regarding your piece of tape, well fuck me. Livelihoods lost, families incomes removed, a shop that has supported the industry for 20 years gone and you are worried about your tape.

These shops dont set out to fail, they are run and funded by real people who are generally respected in the industry.
Old 09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by simond001 View Post
The site stopped checkout as soon as the notice was served. I checked within minutes and you were stopped at checkout.

Regarding your piece of tape, well fuck me. Livelihoods lost, families incomes removed, a shop that has supported the industry for 20 years gone and you are worried about your tape.

These shops dont set out to fail, they are run and funded by real people who are generally respected in the industry.
Fact
Old 09-10-2010

and seconded.Very sad to loose another UK shop
Old 09-10-2010

Its a shame all these shops are closing, I fly r/c planes and most of our local model shops have closed now, the day you would pop out in your car and buy some balsa wood, glue, you needed for the model your building.

Its catch 22, if you dont support your local model shop it will go, but with everybody being able to shop on line now (internet) and the prices being so low, us having to look after our moneys, and the shop owner having to pay rent its a hard one to way up.

Jiffy