Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 01-12-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to brizzlemark
Default Etronix Pulse EX3GPro/ Core RC151 stick system - problems?

Hello,

I am after a stick transmitter and for the money the etronix/core gear looks like just the job, I have tried it and it feels good in my hands (no sniggering please)!

A quick scan across the forums indicate some have had problems, some of which solved by making sure the blue receiver is supplied and also by the use of a power cap in the receiver to stop glitching.

Before I commit Santa to a purchase I would appreciate views from those who use this stuff and have done for a while. Do issues still exist or am I giving too much credence to old problems that have been addressed?

Cheers.

Mark
Old 01-12-2011

I havent got one, but 3 people at our club have them and they all have trouble. Personaly Id get a Futaba 3gr instead, but they are a lot more expensive.

Ludlow Radio Car Club

LRCC Youtube Vid.
Old 01-12-2011
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

I had one for 1 hour. Massive stuttering problems on full throttle...

There are 4 or 5 at York who use them with no problems at all, though. Both old and new recievers.
Old 01-12-2011

Send a message via MSN to Chris Green

Hi Mark,

I have an etronix one. I have ran it at about 6 club meetings so far. It has worked well. I had one issue where the car was cutting out one evening, but found that this was due to me not having the small antenna pointing vertically upwards. I pointed it up, and havent had the same issue since. Setup wise, it is easy to change settings. The lcd screen works ok, and is fairly easy to navigate.

As standard, the sticks are a little too long, but it is easy to remove the top part of the stem, cut down the threaded part by about 7mm with a junior hacksaw, then replace the crown part.

For the money, it is good value. However, if you can stretch the budget to a new 3GR, or a 2nd hand 3vcs, then I'd advise you do that.
Old 01-12-2011
oOple Advertiser

Similar to an above post, I don't have one but at least 3 at our club do and have had no problems (BLUE receiver) In fact they like them a lot.

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 01-12-2011
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

Ive heard that if you get the frequency hoping version its works a treat fhss i believe
Old 03-12-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to brizzlemark

Thanks for the info guys, I have been offered a known good Etronix to try out from someone I know (no ebay disasters!). We shall see how that goes, hopefully everything will be ok.

Mark
Old 03-12-2011
Super Moderator

Had no problems with mine since i fitted the power cap
1 thing i will say is always make sure the batteries in the tranny are fully charged as it doesn't like it when they start to get low
1 of these lipo's will keep it sweet for ages
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2704481193...84.m1423.l2649
hth
Old 03-12-2011

I also have one of these and it has functioned fine for me, apart from when the Tx batteries dropped a little, then my car used to race off under its own steam at a million miles an hour so worth keeping on top of this so it doesn't happen to you.

The other issue I have is the the blue plastic the Rx are made out of is like plasticine rather than plastic. Id say it's made out of cheese, but if anything it's more like melted cheese. They work perfect, but the plastic is the thickness of a fag paper....
Old 04-12-2011

Ran my Core tx/rx pack now for 5 months with both 1/10 elec and 1/8 ic with absolutely no issues, just keep an eye on the TX power reading. I recharge this the day before the meeting and never have an issue. As with all items, treat it well and it should reward you with long service.
I store mine in steel camera case when not in use.
Old 04-12-2011

Can you recharge thro the outlet on the side of the Tranny with the batteries still in place inside? -as I seem to have a problem doing this and end up having to remove the batteries to charge them
Old 04-12-2011
Mad Member

Ive had my core rc system (with the blue receivers ) for about 10 months , used 2-3 times a week / everyweek and has been spot on , untill today

I was racing at an indoor meeting today , when i had a glitch / failsafe cut in and the car decided to go to the left and stop for a second , then it was ok again and i finished the race etc ...

Then it decided to play up in both finals , and ended up not finishing the race's both times again the steering went to the left , but the car also seemed to speed up for a sec .. silly question . what does fitting a power cap do ??
Old 05-12-2011
oOple Advertiser

fitting a cap will "store" a bit of power so that if the servo or speedo asks for a large burst of juice for whatever reason, the receiver will draw on this and not failsafe. It's a worthwhile trial for anyone with problems with glitching

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696