Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
Who decided to use the captain America colour scheme
Quote:
Originally Posted by gromit View Post
I am pretty sure it is the late Nicky Hayden's helmet design
Its trish Neal's own body colours one of you is correct.....(daz)
Old 24-02-2020
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Has buggy racing gone stupid

Well I think buggy racing has gone well stupid with tyre wear. All the meetings that are on everywhere indoor and outdoor. I've been in talks with the official's of these meetings and talked for days for a solution.

Well Ive come up with these that I've been running for over 12 years with no wear at all, none. I've also saved on shock oil as no matter what you put in it makes no difference, so a saving on tyres and oils.....

You do get a little roly poly on the odd corner, and the odd double bounce on landings and they do go up in size down the straight by about 4 times the size, but there is actually no wear in 12 yrs of running 5 times a week every week.

BIG advantage with these is also if you turn them around you get a different grip level. Now you don't get that with DARTS do you...….

Looking at the EOS I think these could be a bonus to those who will be running. I think if we all rock up at the Regionals, Nationals, EUROS and WORLDS with these what they gonna do !!!! ……………….

What you reckon...………..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2060.jpg (267.1 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2058.jpg (272.1 KB, 43 views)

**** 5 Metres Speed Swimming Champion 1976****
Old 24-02-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
with these what they gonna do !!!! ……………….

What you reckon...………..

laugh
Old 25-02-2020

Great idea Mark......bring back the fun to racing...!
Team Associated B4.2
RC10 Worlds
Old 25-02-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aire valley View Post
Great idea Mark......bring back the fun to racing...!
i have loads fun every time i go why i have kept doing it for 35 years
Old 16-05-2020
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sorry/not sorry about resurrecting an old thread. Lockdown life has gotten me bored to tears and I've just read all 7 pages to kill time.

Interesting one of the points in a previous page mentioning that Paul W had alluded on a podcast that the top racers use new tyres per run to maintain consistency.

I guess also, at the end of the day, the National series has an important bearing on racing in the Euros where you would probably expect to chuck new rubber on for each heat and final.

Would a sensible approach not be to make changes at a Regional level?
I don't know anywhere near enough about BRCA 1:10th offroad structure but I'm guessing that Regionals feed into Nationals, and the Nationals feed into the Euros etc?

Encourage club and regional level competitor numbers by restricting the control tire to a single selection (I think 1:10th TC only have one control tire?) at the AGM. If Darts don't offer the cost/longevity then get to the AGM in numbers and vote the Pro-Line in (all hypothetical selections of course).

If after dominating your regionals you then decide to make the jump to Nationals you accept that you'll need an OnlyFans account to help fund your tire addiction, but at least you have the option to just stick around a Regional series where the costs are lower.

Most motorsport classes have different tire manufacturers across classes (think WSB, Moto2, MotoGP etc).

Just a boredom related thought

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 16-05-2020

Just to throw another spanner...... This year Ballistics were replaced by Proline tyres for the Telford national. I was dreading the national if it was wet as Prolines were absolutely shocking in the wet and Ballistics were no longer an option.

Tyre wear would of been great but the racing would of been awful, no fun at all. This was proved as we had a few club meetings where people were trying to get wet setups.
Old 19-05-2020

Personally, I feel the shops and the people who run the racing bodies have a massive conflict of interest. You dig just under the surface and there is always an agenda and the agenda is always money.

Tires are required. They are necessary or you dont race and it means manufacturers, shops etc have a monopoly and will ALWAYS say that their tire is the best, you need their tire to be fast. Its a massive, massive market.

Until there is a member voted control tire (where ALL members provide input and voted) then the system is always and will always be controlled by those with an agenda.

When they stop considering the money earning potential in this decision and who can make a quick buck, and consider ALL racers, then it wont change.

I feel the tires should be ”not for profit” and supplied by governing body only..
Old 19-05-2020
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
Personally, I feel the shops and the people who run the racing bodies have a massive conflict of interest. You dig just under the surface and there is always an agenda and the agenda is always money.

Tires are required. They are necessary or you dont race and it means manufacturers, shops etc have a monopoly and will ALWAYS say that their tire is the best, you need their tire to be fast. Its a massive, massive market.

Until there is a member voted control tire (where ALL members provide input and voted) then the system is always and will always be controlled by those with an agenda.

When they stop considering the money earning potential in this decision and who can make a quick buck, and consider ALL racers, then it wont change.

I feel the tires should be ”not for profit” and supplied by governing body only..
Have you ever run a shop? I can assure you making a quick buck is not easy and removing Tyre revenue would be a big nail in the coffin. Maybe you mean the middlemen/importers where most of the profit goes.
So are you saying if we all voted for schumacher darts schumacher would have to give them away for cost price so they were "not for profit" ?
Old 19-05-2020
Mad Member

Quote:

I'm going to have to assume Swedens governing body does things different to most countries then.

The BRCA is run by the UKs racers and has no direct affiliation to any manufacturer, nor does any manufacturer or retailer have any say in decisions taken by the BRCA members. the only "agenda" the BRCA has regarding money is keeping costs down for the racers. If you really believe shops have plenty of influence over governing bodies we wouldn't have price limits on motors and batteries, and we wouldn't have limits on tyre use in many classes. Go through all the BRCA committees and you will find very few people actually involved in the r/c industry.

Depending on the classes, spec tyres are either chosen by the racers taking part in the series, or by the clubs themselves who know what works on their tracks. This means the racers have one or two types of tyre to buy for that event. This was introduced by the governing bodies specifically to keep costs down, anyone remember 20 years ago when you needed a literal car boot full of tyres to make sure you had every combination possible just in case, or when touring car racers literally spent hundreds of pounds on tyres, inserts and wheels for practice to find the best combination, as they were limited to only two sets on race day.

The people who race in each category get to choose what tyre they use and how many sets they want to use, the system we have is the one all members have supported previously. Anyone who wants to change the rules can put in a proposal at the AGM and get it voted on by the members. The manufacturers make tyres, it is up to the racers whether they throw on a new set each race or choose something more durable.
Old 02-07-2020
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
Anyone who wants to change the rules can put in a proposal at the AGM and get it voted on by the members.
I think this is the key part of this debate - any change you wish to see has to come from the members.

I've read through this whole thread twice now, its very interesting. I've also spoken to a few indoor club racers who say that the "stickiest tires possible" mentality has filtered down to their clubs and so people are now racing with tires that need changing through a night.

I don't race 10th off-road competitively so am just commenting from the point of view of an outsider really, but this does filter into other classes too.

There was a comment or quote a few pages back where someone mentioned that PW had said about how Nationals were all about the top racers in the country who would always throw new tires on where possible (I am paraphrasing here). I think I am at a point now where I respectively disagree with that.

Say, for arguments sake, that at each round of the 10th off-road national series you see 120 entries. All things being equal (new tires every round etc) you'll only ever expect between the top 10 and 20 of those drivers to have a realistic chance of making the A-final.

If we ran a National series that was open to the best 20 drivers that year only, with manufacturer sponsorship making the series financially viable it would be different, but we dont - the entry fees from the remaining 100 people (who chances are will never make an A-final, and whose chances of making a B-final are limited) fund the financial viability of the entire national series.

If you could introduce a system where the best 20 drivers at that given time were allowed to race under a given set of rules (with a given control tyre that suited their requirements), maybe where manufacturers/distros are allocated grid slots like in F1 (etc), then you could work your way backwards so the best 21st to 40th driver could race under a set of rules/control tyre that would suit their needs and financial requirements.

Keep going backwards until you run out of people and they are all racing on yellow spikes.

The above is just an idea - I have no idea how it would work, but to me it just seems unfair that the top drivers in the country, who at worst are only paying a few £ per set of tires and at best are getting every set for free run to the same control tyre rules as people in the pull-start finals who feel compelled to run those same tyres but at full RRP.

Either way, an interesting debate that will probably not get resolved at an AGM any time soon

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 04-07-2020

Quote:

you are aware the clubs nominate the tyres for the tracks for nationals dont they?