Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 26-07-2006
Banned

Default 4WD's

Hi everybody,

I only know your 1/10 EP national championship from the internet (I'm from Belgium ), but from what I can see, this season is clearly dominated by the XX4's, despite the -still new- competition. Is it mainly due to the big experience with the XX4 (and their drivers ), or this car is really..........amazing? :eek:

Also, could give me an approximative distribution of the 4WD's in your nat' champ, please?

Thanks a lot!!
Old 26-07-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

XX4's are so good because pretty much one setup works everywhere and they are so easy to push hard and don't bite back if you overstep the limits!
Best car ive driven barr me old pred
Old 26-07-2006
Administrator

XX4's have a big team of some of the best sponsored drivers using them in UK Nationals. You can say the same of the Yokomo but its also a new car. You cant say the same about the rest of the range of 4wd cars out there which have small teams.

In other words, Though I think southwell is right, its a great car (nasty to work on, but hey) the results you are seeing aren't a true reflection of what you'd experience yourself.
Old 26-07-2006

Send a message via MSN to ryan
Default 4wds

i used to have a xx4 and now i own a yokomo bx, i found the xx4 easy to drive and like jimmy said one setup for every where. now i drive a bx i think the yokomo is a lot better car i find you can push a lot harder with the yoke and will not go back to losi!!

oh and losi have got all the good drivers and soon as neil and lee get a setup for the yokomo they will lap the xx4's!!! lol

ryan
Old 26-07-2006
Mad Member

i doubt that very much
Old 26-07-2006

I'm from Belgium too and used to drive 4WD untill the class died a bit over here, but with all those new rides hitting the market, I'm sure it will become big again.

Back in the 90'ies, 4WD drivers in belgium either drove the Losi XX4 or the Schumacher CAT2000. There were a few Yokomo's and even the occasional Predator but 90% drove a XX4 or a CAT2000. And on 75% of the Belgian tracks, the Schumacher was clearly the better car. The Losi was more fragile and a real b*tch to work on. The XXX4 was a dud from day one in Belgium. Our tracks just aren't smooth enough for that car.

To put it short : I think the good results in the UK for the XX4 are mainly a consequence of the strong team Losi has in the UK (same for Yokomo). I'm sure the XX4 is a good car, but knowing that I could beat the XX4's with my old Schumacher, I'm convinced there are enough if not better choises on the marked right now. I am still very impressed with the performance of my new ZX5, epecially considering it's price.
Old 26-07-2006
Mad Member

The xx4 is a very good car, but it also helps that so many people driving them, you are going to get a good percentage in any final as there are so many of them about. I have one Slim4 in the nationals compared with say around 60-70 XX4's.

And it is hard to get top drivers to run other cars, trust me

I agree with Stefke that the XX4 is beatable, and i will try my hardest to produce a car that will match and improve on the performance of the xx4
Old 06-08-2006

Can I buy a Slim 4 yet?
I'd love to run one on our rough tracks out here !!
It's either that or need to find a CAT because I don't want to go back to Losi and found the ZX-5 to be to fragile.

1995 Scottish On-Road champion
2004/05 WesternCanadian Touring Modified and Touring 19 turn Champ
2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 World of Wheels Champ
Old 06-08-2006
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulec52
Can I buy a Slim 4 yet?
I'd love to run one on our rough tracks out here !!
It's either that or need to find a CAT because I don't want to go back to Losi and found the ZX-5 to be to fragile.
I can produce a conversion kit for the Slim4 but you need the BJ4WE as a base car, or i can hand build a complete car but this does work out expensive, but it would be worth hanging on a little bit as i am working on the 07 spec car, and this is going to be special from the chassis upwards, i have a rolling prototype but i am waiting on a lot of new and redesigned parts
Old 06-08-2006

nice thanks, I'll just cobble together a runner for the rest of this season, and let me know when you are ready to ship the new car.

thanks again

1995 Scottish On-Road champion
2004/05 WesternCanadian Touring Modified and Touring 19 turn Champ
2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 World of Wheels Champ
Old 11-09-2006

Unhappy Pred

Get a PRED and be done with it, all they need is more cars out there its the clubman that has to be satisfied with the car, yes the X10 is not the easiest to build but when built is reliable not to bad to work on better than most peoples driving hae its british come on it has its critics so does tony blair and he was bloody voted in. MARTIN