Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 29-01-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Motor capability, the RS Pro has no limit, the RS has.
Old 30-01-2011

Running a Speed Passion 7.5 in my durango, what's best dual or sensored?

my SV has a SP GT with a 7.5 and it feels smoother.

Also have a 6.5 v3 to try at some point.
Old 30-01-2011

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

The 7.5 can go both ways. Try dual mode with the timing advance at 100 using the default start/end rpms.
Old 31-01-2011

hello,

i have been searching for hours on end for a setup for my hhh converted buggy for bashing with no avail. im looking for a motor which will reach around 65mph on 6s or 4s if possible . since im not going to be racing and just bashing i reckon the temperatures wil be lower as the motor will not be used to much as brakes and the throttle will be more continuous.

thanks for your help
dnx408
Hyper 7-e
losi 8ight-t brushless converted
Robitronic avid 2
MY feedback
Old 02-02-2011

65mph is a big deal. You're going to be looking at a 6s setup, 4s won't pull that off for very long.

Try a 6s 2050 setup. It will need to be geared for such speeds. And this means putting around will generate more heat than you'll like.
Old 03-02-2011

Looking for some advice/guidance in relation to the minimum throttle setting on vegas 212. I am currently using Dual drive and set my minimum throttle at 20 (this is the amount of minimum throttle that I require). I then connect my RS Pro to my receiver and calibrate my radio as normal.

Now here is where my problem is, when I connect my RS Pro back onto my laptop using the hotwire, the minimum throttle seems to default back to 10 (not 20 as previously set).

All other settings seem to save ok, it's just the minimum throttle setting which seems to default to 10 after radio calibration.

Does anyone have any ideas about this ? Any help would be grately appreciated

KEEP RIGHT ON
BLUE IS BETTER
Old 03-02-2011

Please make sure you've downloaded the latest hotwire. Yours must be version 5.7.3. This can be checked by clicking the "help" button with ONLY the hotwire plugged in and launching the software.
Old 05-02-2011

Thanks for the response Randy.

I completely removed my Hotwire software, redownloaded the software and retried - but the same problem continues to persist (ie. the minimum throttle setting defaults back to 10 after radio calibration).

The hotwaire software advises that I have version 5.7.3 when I click on the help button.

Hmmmmmm..... strange (but ultimately not the end of the world)

KEEP RIGHT ON
BLUE IS BETTER
Old 07-02-2011

Yes strange indeed. Please try using C2 instead of C1 and see if this issue persists.
Old 08-02-2011

Smile

Hi Randy

I've tried both C1 and C2 (in both Dual and Sensored modes), but the same thing keeps happening (ie. minimum throttle resets itself back to 10 after radio calibration).

It sure is a bit of a strange one this, but it's something I can work around.

I'm using a Nosram motor, LRP receiver and Sanwa Gemini 2 radio, although I don't think any of these would be contributing to this problem.

Maybe the next Vegas software update will cure the problem

KEEP RIGHT ON
BLUE IS BETTER
Old 08-02-2011

Nah, something is off here. Please perform a factory reset on your unit. Then re-install your settings.
Old 08-02-2011

Default Brakes - Tekin RS

Hi Randy,

I run a Tekin RS in my Kyosho RT5 - running in 17.5 stock. My issue is that I cannot get any brakes out of the speedy. Everything is maxed out, and I have the latest firmware downloaded via the Hotwire, yet my brakes are no stronger than drag brakes. Any advise?

Cheers,
Richard
Old 09-02-2011
Mad Member

My RS finally died last night for apparently no reason.... Did six laps towards the end of a race as I missed the start, car was perfect and then just died. Was still on and showing one on the temp scale but smelled terrible and the car barely moves.

Does anyone know where to send it for repair? Tekin website is currently being updated.

It was originally purchased from Ardent about six months ago, but I dont have the reciept so not sure if I can take it back or not...
Old 09-02-2011

I'm sure the uk and European distributors for the Tekin Range is RCDisco. Im sure someone will tell me if that's correct but pretty much sure it is. Give them a call.
Scotty....
Old 09-02-2011

Yes RC Disco would be the place for returns, or you could just go through Ardent as they would have a record of your purchase.
Old 09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by x313 View Post
My RS finally died last night for apparently no reason.... Did six laps towards the end of a race as I missed the start, car was perfect and then just died. Was still on and showing one on the temp scale but smelled terrible and the car barely moves.

Does anyone know where to send it for repair? Tekin website is currently being updated.

It was originally purchased from Ardent about six months ago, but I dont have the reciept so not sure if I can take it back or not...
The warranty is 120 days.
Old 10-02-2011

RC Disco can help with your service though. DCM is correct, the warranty is 120 days.
Old 11-02-2011

Hi

Really need some help.

Bought an RX8 system with motor for Xmas, finally got it installed etc and came to set it up today;

turned it on then pressed the mode button to calibrate it.
calibrated fine and i could make the motor shaft spin with the TX.
turned it off and downloaded the hotwire software from tekin, assume the latest as it seems to be the only one 212.
connected up the hotwire etc and started the software, it told me it needed to update it.
it went through the updating steps of the esc, then said something about recalibrating, not sure what else it said because it disappeared before i got chance, finally came with a message saying finished.
disconnected the hotwire etc then turned on to calibrate, the fan spins but nothing else. pressing mode does nothing.
went back to the hotwire, sort of seems normal but nothing is displayed on the timing page.
told it to update esc then tried to calibrate again, this time i had the fan and a light but nothing else, mode still does nothing.

essentially it seemed fine until i connected it to the hotwire, now it doesn't do anything.

Now things are even worse; the manual said if you had a failed update to the esc, to just do it again, mine didn't fail but i did it again, this time it did fail and now the hotwire doesn't even recognize when the esc is connected to it.

absolutely gutted, including the hotwire it's cost me £330. not including the small fortune i've spent getting silicone wire, connectors (motor & esc) etc and getting it all professionally soldered.

any thoughts?

thanks
Old 11-02-2011

I dont believe the RX8's need to run on the latest firmware as its mainly for the RS at the moment. Have you still got a version of 208 ?? If you have or know somebody that has then try and downgrade it. If you can find a copy then you will need to uninstall that version on your pc and install an older version. Try that and you may be back in bsuiness.
Old 11-02-2011

Thanks for the reply.

I've installed the version that came on a disc with the rx8 combo, it states v2.7 on the disc, if i click the help button in the software it states 2.8. however the software just sits there saying "step 1 hotwire to esc, step 2 hotwire to usb", the fan is spinning on the rx8.