Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team C Racing

Old 02-08-2015

Default Punch from stand still

All I run a TM2 V1, with LRP Flow esc 7,5 turn track & field brushless, and a Voltz 4000 with 30c burst, 21 pinon 85 RW spur, 1000 diff oil, I'm listing all this as I need a bit of help, my car just don't have that much punch on pull away or when you land a jump and you need to full speed down a straight. I've got the LRP boost on max, punch is set at 100% on handset, the clutch spring is just a half turn away from being fully closed, I just don't have great pull away any advice please on what I can do. I run on astro outside, oh and I've got yellow cut lp staggers on front and mini spike blues on the rear. Also the clutch plates and pads are fairly new.

Would it make a difference if I got a shorty with more of a burst, say 80c would this be the issue?

Last edited by Eggey; 02-08-2015 at 04:21 AM.
Old 02-08-2015

Yes batteries make difference, 30cis too low
Old 02-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooom View Post
Yes batteries make difference, 30cis too low
What burst would you recommend I go for.
Old 03-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggey View Post
All I run a TM2 V1, with LRP Flow esc 7,5 turn track & field brushless, and a Voltz 4000 with 30c burst, 21 pinon 85 RW spur, 1000 diff oil, I'm listing all this as I need a bit of help, my car just don't have that much punch on pull away or when you land a jump and you need to full speed down a straight. I've got the LRP boost on max, punch is set at 100% on handset, the clutch spring is just a half turn away from being fully closed, I just don't have great pull away any advice please on what I can do. I run on astro outside, oh and I've got yellow cut lp staggers on front and mini spike blues on the rear. Also the clutch plates and pads are fairly new.

Would it make a difference if I got a shorty with more of a burst, say 80c would this be the issue?
Try using 10K or 20k oil in the diff. I run a TM2v2 with 20K and similar electronics with plenty of punch. If the buggy starts pushing too much through the corners, go down on oil thickness until you have sufficient steering.
Old 05-08-2015

Are you sure that the motor has never been over heated?

Once the magnets have been "cooked" it will always be low on torque.

Unless you replace the rotor.

Can you borrow another motor to try? Put it back to Blinky mode and don't over gear it, so that the bloke who lends it to you feels that his motor is safe, and see what happens.

Old 05-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Loynes View Post
Are you sure that the motor has never been over heated?

Once the magnets have been "cooked" it will always be low on torque.

Unless you replace the rotor.

Can you borrow another motor to try? Put it back to Blinky mode and don't over gear it, so that the bloke who lends it to you feels that his motor is safe, and see what happens.
Hi, the motor has only been used 6 times on carpet so no not an issue, I've change the diff oil to 10000 and it seems a bit better on my lawn, not been to the astro track yet, I think I'm going to get a better burst lipo something like 90c to 100c I've only got a 30c this might be the issue.
Old 06-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggey View Post
Hi, the motor has only been used 6 times on carpet so no not an issue, I've change the diff oil to 10000 and it seems a bit better on my lawn, not been to the astro track yet, I think I'm going to get a better burst lipo something like 90c to 100c I've only got a 30c this might be the issue.
i agree with the lipo comments, nano tech ultimates are very reasonable from hobbyking and brca legal too. Also have you tried a higher pinion?
Old 06-08-2015
Mad Member

TBH with the inaccuracies of burst and continuous current ratings, I'd treat any claim by a manufacturer as somewhere between optimistic and an outright lie.
So where turningys 90-120c claim is more likely to be 15% or more inflated, it's still going to be far better than an accurate 30c. (Which is probably not that accurate either!)
Old 12-08-2015

I just bought two of the higher spec Ballsout lipos because my Orion batteries felt sluggish. All I can say is wow!!! The car literally feel half as fast again. They aren't cheap but I would highly recommend them.