Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 18-12-2013
Mad Member

Default XB9e, anyone got one?

Mine arrives later this week, just wondering if there are any hints, tips or things I should be aware of while I build and drive it.......
Planning to put the toro 150a and one of the hk 4 pole motors (1900kv) as a starter.

Then chop/change/upgrade as the mood takes me.
Old 21-12-2013
Mad Member

Maybe ask the team drivers on the Xray forum ?

My paintwork thread

Last edited by eyeayen; 21-12-2013 at 08:35 PM. Reason: I'm half asleep and got it into my tired eyes it was a different car, sorry...
Old 23-12-2013

I havent got one would like one but would like though
Old 26-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr View Post
Mine arrives later this week, just wondering if there are any hints, tips or things I should be aware of while I build and drive it.......
Planning to put the toro 150a and one of the hk 4 pole motors (1900kv) as a starter.

Then chop/change/upgrade as the mood takes me.
I got one, just make sure you shim the diffs correctly (allow a minimum play) and glue the upper plastic part of the servo saver on its axle (you can degrease the area with alcohol before you do so). Put some glue around exposed CF parts also to protect them. Loctite screws that go in metal parts and use good/new tools.

No upgrade needed excepted a M2C front shock tower brace and why not DE Racing skidplates and mudgards.

The build was very easy in my case, the quality of the buggy is very high and the manual must be the most detailed on the market.

If you need some help for the wiring let me know I can always do a few pics

I forgot to talk about the body: there is none in the box so you'll need to buy a Jconcepts finisher for xb9, it's the best fit with plenty of room for your lipos

have fun

THE eCAR 2WD l MP9 TKI3 l S350 Evo l MP9E TKI l MBX6 Eco USA l 12R5.2 l SP12X l EMB-1H
Old 22-11-2014

Slightly off topic ( sorry ) , you don't happen to know if the Jconcepts body will fit the 808?
Old 23-01-2015

Default Xb9e

I had one but sold it, only for the money, it was a great buggy. I would say do not use the toro esc as i researched these quite a bit and nearly every review says naff. For a few more pounds you can get the hobbywing esc or even the complete system which is as good as anything out there and has fairly regular firmware updates and you can add turbo boost for real smiles!
You will see that the manual suggestions for shimming the diff do not even make much sense and the suggested internal shims will only move the planetary gears and bind the diff, get the shims for the outside of the diffs, you will see when you get the manual.
Not sure what they are doing for shells yet?. Mine had no shell and i fitted a proline slipstream which was a good fit.
Old 23-01-2015

The reason I'm in the 8th leccy forum is that i just had a ae rc8.2e fall into my lap!